Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nctroop14 View Post
    "Stop! Or I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document!"

This is a second hand story: A Trooper was on foot chasing a guy. The trooper was in really good shape and was pretty much walking the guy down. He gets up beside the guy, still running, looks over at him, and says, "You better kick it in fifth or stop because you're wasting my time!!" LOLOLOLOL
    We had a marathon runner on the Patrol. Idiot decides to take off running across the prairie near Laramie after a warrant comes up on him.

Like your guy, ours jogs up right behind the idiot who is about to die from exhaustion and yells...

"As I said, %@#&^$ -head, when you grow tired of this jaunt, may we get on with it?"
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Mine are somewhat similar to Bearcat and Mavriktu' s response. Modern fellow isn't frequently used in my vocabulary but for some reason it comes out as a spontaneous statement that seems to get their attention.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

"If you make me chase you down, I'm bringing a butt-whooping with me!"

I once heard an officer tell an "english as a second language" burglar "Se habla .357 Magnum?" as the officer was showing the burglar the business end of one.
        Evidently that translates quite well.

Comment

I've always liked yelling "Get him boy!" as they take off. I don't have a K9 but that usually makes them stop long enough for me to pile drive them.

Heard a story one time of a deputy that came face to face with a group of Mexicans that had run from a traffic stop. Not speaking spanish, the officer was having trouble getting the point across that he wanted them to stop and show their hands. He remembered a phrase from a movie that caused the banditos to stop so he yelled "Rezalre A Dios!" while drawing down on them. They immediately fell to their knees and gave up. Turns out that phrase means "Pray to God!" Tie that in with a pointed pistol and it got the point across effectively.
          \

Comment

I must be slow or something. i dont understand the "modern fellow" thing...

Kinda along the same line as this, but a little different:

"Hands in the air, I need a clear target!"
            When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

Modern fellow...MF...also commonly used as an abbreviation for a certain cuss word. Hope that helps
              I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Shaidon View Post
                Modern fellow...MF...also commonly used as an abbreviation for a certain cuss word. Hope that helps
                ahh...ok. Well, he who laughs last thinks slowest, oh well...
                When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

Originally posted by OrlandoExp103 View Post
                  ahh...ok. Well, he who laughs last thinks slowest, oh well...
                  lesson well learned little grasshopper!
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I hope you can run faster than 800 feet per second! *as I ready the AR-15*
                    *NOT SURE ON THE EXACT FPS*
                    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

An "old time" sergeant: "Keep on running dead man!" (he stopped)

A "new breed" youngster: "Stop or I'll bust a cap on your a**!" (He admitted saying this while on the witness stand in front of a jury several months later.)
                      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

!!!

as I throw him against a wall...

"don't you ******* move or I'm gonna be eating my ******* Wheaties out of the bottom of your ******* skull."

I heard a guy say once, "I'm gonna gouge your eye out with my d*** and skull **** you!"

that was pretty good. . .
                        "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

From a friend with the Philadelphia Police Dept " You wanna get locked-up or beat-up & locked-up?"
                          "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
                          09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

I like Orlando's truism.

Got one of my own.

"He who hears a truism shall chuckle until his screensaver activates." *gong*
                            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post
                              I like Orlando's truism.

Got one of my own.

"He who hears a truism shall chuckle until his screensaver activates." *gong*
                              I have one......

"He who never has worked the road as a LEO should let others do their job....and not critic when they have no clue what they are talking about....."

Comment

I worked a very small town for a while. One night a usual problem child ran from one of my partners. His reply, "Run Robert Run, your just running your way to state prison"
                                Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                                Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3570 users online. 222 members and 3348 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X