Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking andÂ…Golfing?

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player...&News&40&&&new

Golf goes best with a couple beers, and preferably a cigar.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Drinking and golfing? I love to do both! Matter of fact I was doing both yesterday.
      "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Wait a second...so, are you trying to tell me that there are people who golf sober? Get outta here!

Comment

lol my mom's worked at a golf course for the last 19 years. I don't think there is any guy that comes off that course sober. Now the ladies, that's different. And you also wouldn't believe how many cops get super drunk there either.
          Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

I can't think of a better time. Drinking a few brewskis and playing the greens.

I can't really say from experience but, I grew up on a golf course (my gramps). Seemed like a great time/atmosphere to get together with friends.

Comment

Yeah but it's only called golf because [email protected]**^it was already taken....
              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Golf (I say this at great cost to myself) is the most boring sport except "curling" on the face of the earth.

As golfers get older the weirder they dress, too. Am I the only one who thinks pink pants and green sweaters are "strange" looking?

The only thing I can think of worse than golfing (or curling) is watching it on TV. The broadcasters, who are a half a mile away, speak in whispers as if they're going to disturb the golfer. It's like listening to NASCAR, where at every turn the announcer tries to build the excitement...except in golf, they try to minimize the excitement.
                "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gene L View Post
                  Golf (I say this at great cost to myself) is the most boring sport except "curling" on the face of the earth.

As golfers get older the weirder they dress, too. Am I the only one who thinks pink pants and green sweaters are "strange" looking?

The only thing I can think of worse than golfing (or curling) is watching it on TV. The broadcasters, who are a half a mile away, speak in whispers as if they're going to disturb the golfer. It's like listening to NASCAR, where at every turn the announcer tries to build the excitement...except in golf, they try to minimize the excitement.
                  I always thought that boring is the point of golf. You just kick back and swing a club, that's all you have to do. You don't have to trim the bushes in the backyard, or vaccuum the house, or argue on the phone with your bank, or pay bills. While you're golfing, all you have to do is swing a club. Nice, easy, and relaxing.

As long as you don't care about your score.

Comment

I agree it is boring and relaxing just like fishing. As for watching it on TV, Bill Cosby years ago had a great routine that included that, very funny, I can't remember now which album of his I had that contained the routine. It involved him being right up on the TV set starring into it and his wife asking him what the hell he was doing.
                    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

I fly fish, and it's relaxing but not boring. Sitting around watching a bobber is boring and relaxing, I guess.
                      "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5509 users online. 302 members and 5207 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X