Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I met a game warden today and got to talk to them too!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen-Paladin

Certain areas of the country are more difficult than others. That is no secret. Certain areas are more closed-minded than others. That is an understatement for sure.

At the end of the day, you have the ability to decide what you want to do and where you want to go. Take words of advice from individuals on the internet with a grain of salt. Be a game warden if you want to. Just know there will be difficulties along the way, just like being an officer in any city.

Go for it. Just keep family first and remember those that sacrificed everything for you to have the freedom to choose your next step. Best of luck to you. The only impossibilities are the ones you create for yourself.
    US Army Veteran
    The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
      Zen-Paladin

Certain areas of the country are more difficult than others. That is no secret. Certain areas are more closed-minded than others. That is an understatement for sure.

At the end of the day, you have the ability to decide what you want to do and where you want to go. Take words of advice from individuals on the internet with a grain of salt. Be a game warden if you want to. Just know there will be difficulties along the way, just like being an officer in any city.

Go for it. Just keep family first and remember those that sacrificed everything for you to have the freedom to choose your next step. Best of luck to you. The only impossibilities are the ones you create for yourself.
      Gotcha. It's not something that's really a major concern, just figured I'd ask. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
        Zen-Paladin

Sir, very well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen-Paladin View Post

Gotcha. It's not something that's really a major concern, just figured I'd ask. Thanks!
          Zen, if you want, you can feel free and PM if you want. I'm 34 and have spent my adult life working in law enforcement from corrections to the streets.

Aidokea can eat a pack of cold hot dogs with no buns.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

Zen, if you want, you can feel free and PM if you want. I'm 34 and have spent my adult life working in law enforcement from corrections to the streets.

Sometimes one does not gain life experience when they transition into LE later in life. The hot dog guy started at the ripe age of 44.

Comment

California’s game wardens have a K9 program that lets them take their personal dogs along to work.

I came THAT close to getting hired a few years ago. They were hiring for 7 and I was #3 on the list... but then the state went bankrupt and they had a hiring freeze.

The pay isn’t as good as CHP or CDoC but the job is more fun.

As for autism, I read a report that claims as much as 15% of US law enforcement may have undiagnosed autism to some degree, Aspergers Syndrome or similar. The worst they can do is say no, so go for it. Have a plan b, but give it a shot.
              Last edited by tanksoldier; 11-12-2020, 08:14 PM.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Double Post
                Last edited by retired137; 11-12-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                  California’s game wardens have a K9 program that lets them take their personal dogs along to work.

I came THAT close to getting hired a few years ago. They were hiring for 7 and I was #3 on the list... but then the state went bankrupt and they had a hiring freeze.

The pay isn’t as good as CHP or CDoC but the job is more fun.

As for autism, I read a report that claims as much as 15% of US law enforcement may have undiagnosed autism to some degree, Aspergers Syndrome or similar. The worst they can do is say no, so go for it. Have a plan b, but give it a shot.
                  There is a an officer at our next door neighbor department whom everyone is sure has Asperger's Syndrome. I've heard he is a great ET with awesome attention to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

Appleton was just hired as a cop. He has ZERO veracity on these boards.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yup.

And several of us have predicted that his big mouth will cause him to get fired (or worse) LONG before he ever reaches retirement...
                      Last edited by Aidokea; 11-13-2020, 12:51 AM.

Ashton Whitty is autistic- I think she'd do okay as a cop...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Appleton was just hired as a cop. He has ZERO veracity on these boards.
                      You can take your Shinebox and pack of cold hot dogs and find yourself a corner.

Comment

Zen-Paladin, do you notice how those of us who have successfully completed a career in law enforcement (and have honorably retired) share things with you, and Scotty the rookie responds with estrogen-charged tantrums directed at us?

Taking LE career advice from Scotty, would be like taking motorcycle riding advice from someone who just been granted their learner's permit...

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                          Zen-Paladin, do you notice how those of us who have successfully completed a career in law enforcement (and have honorably retired) share things with you, and Scotty the rookie responds with estrogen-charged tantrums directed at us?

Taking LE career advice from Scotty, would be like taking motorcycle riding advice from someone who just been granted their learner's permit...
                          Read comment 9.1. Mr. Brady is clueless, he thinks that everyone is treated the same everyplace in the country. You're cutting and running now, why at this time?

Comment

...and Zen-Paladin, do you notice how much of 137's posts sounds like drunk nonsense?

Taking LE career advice from someone who is intoxicated, and may never have been a cop at all, would be silly...
                            Last edited by Aidokea; 11-13-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Why do you mention honorably retired? It's something that's been bugging me, it's almost like there is something you have to compensate for by saying "honorably". Like your career ran short because you couldn't hack it or something. If someone has retired, simplest truest meaning of the word, 99% of the time, it's under honorable conditions. Otherwise it's a termination or resignation in lieu or termination. There are those who leave the job because it's not for them and they just resign, nothing funky about it. But as you ride the coattails of CCCSD, you always mention honorably retired. Why? There are other retirees here who don't feel the need to remind us it was honorably.

Once again you have decided to engage me where I had not contacted you. Leave me be or I will do onto you as you do to me, and like Steve Rogers, I can do this all day. Take your homie's Shinebox and go eat a pack of cold hot dogs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4879 users online. 247 members and 4632 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X