Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SOCAleo
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2013

There is now proof that a BLM Organizer made entry into the capitol. Reportedly he was next to Ashli Babbitt when she was shot. One of the video footages recorded of the shooting was filmed by him.

This is a guy known to organize protests for BLM, so conventional wisdom would say that he was not there alone. But liberal wisdom would say he was just there to document the incident and he was the only BLM member that breached the capitol that day.

Report on What Happened to BLM Organizer Who Was at Capitol Protest, More on Antifa Presence (redstate.com)

Ultimately we need to remember, we are all Americans and we should not be at each others throats. There is a real enemy out there and it is pitting us against each other! This is part of the way Rome fell. It is a tried and true tactic of war. See through the class warfare and find the real enemy. Focus your attention on them and not each other.

Anyway, I think we should start another Civil War and Prepper thread.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
      scotty_appleton814 commented
      Editing a comment
      If it's true. That dude is also a seditious, treasonous, insurrectionist and should be arrested and charged like the rest.

• SOCAleo
      SOCAleo commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree on that.

• retired137
      retired137 commented
      Editing a comment
      LEO was part of the group also. Your point is?

• SOCAleo
      SOCAleo commented
      Editing a comment
      The point is, there was two sides committing these acts. Both are wrong. Don't fall for the biased accusations that this was all done by one side.
  • Pogue Mahone
    Rouser of Rabble
    • Mar 2010

I wouldn't consider Redstate to be a reliable source, to put it mildly.

And more to the point for those suggesting that ANTIFA was there dressed up as Trump insurgents....

Care to explain why members of the group that Trump designated as a terrorist organization would want to obstruct the certification of an election that results in Trump's term ending in 2021?
    This Space For Rent

Comment

• Ratatatat
      Welcome to the party, pal
      • Dec 2014

I would but since my previous one got deleted, maybe I'm not the right person to do it...

Comment

• Bing_Oh
        Disinformation Officer
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814
        A lot of you should stop trying to minimize what these folks did at the Capitol. Looting a damn Walmart does not compare with staging a coup at the seat of American Government.
        Ok, how about multiple attempt to burn down Federal courthouses? Does that compare?

The reality is, we've been watching what amounts to insurrectionist activity in this country for the last nine months. The only difference is the spin because people sympathize with one side or the other. And, that's exactly the problem...political ideology and bias is making people ignore the actions of one group while demonizing the actions of another, even though the actions are almost exactly the same. Maybe it's time to look past personal biases.
        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Bing_Oh
          Bing_Oh commented
          Editing a comment
          What is the intent of the action? Some drunk who goes and flattens the tires of a cruiser because he's mad about the disorderly conduct ticket he got 10 years ago isn't an insurrectionists. Groups of people repeatedly attempting to burn down Federal courthouses with a clear political motive and the intent to alter the US Government through violence, on the other hand, most certainly are.
      • scotty_appleton814
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Bing_Oh

Ok, how about multiple attempt to burn down Federal courthouses? Does that compare?

The reality is, we've been watching what amounts to insurrectionist activity in this country for the last nine months. The only difference is the spin because people sympathize with one side or the other. And, that's exactly the problem...political ideology and bias is making people ignore the actions of one group while demonizing the actions of another, even though the actions are almost exactly the same. Maybe it's time to look past personal biases.
        Those people should have totally been charged appropriately with like arson or whatever crime fit the bill. But no, burning down a courthouse does compare with literally trying to interrupt and cause action to be taken on your behalf because you used or threaten violence against Congress. At the Capitol, the seat of American Government.

Now those fools who took over that area of in Seattle and called is SH!+ or something, they are the closest to treason that happened this year as they were trying to displace and replace a unit of government that originated with the Constitution. They should have been charged with that no doubt.

Comment

• SOCAleo
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone
          I wouldn't consider Redstate to be a reliable source, to put it mildly.

And more to the point for those suggesting that ANTIFA was there dressed up as Trump insurgents....

Care to explain why members of the group that Trump designated as a terrorist organization would want to obstruct the certification of an election that results in Trump's term ending in 2021?
          By your standards Redstate isn't a good source. in fact I remember you posting on another thread using Snopes as your source so.........

All media is biased, but read the article and you will see the dude that is the BLM supporter posted on his social media the video of Babbitt being shot, how did he film it if he wasn't there? Pretty good source to me. Why don't you read the article before writing it off as BS.

In reference to your other argument.

That's what anarchist do! They're using a tried and true tactics, they typically call it a "Trojan Horse" move or an infiltrated move to stir up anti sentiment against another group. It's a great way to sway public sentiment against the group you are infiltrating.
          Last edited by SOCAleo; 01-09-2021, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• SOCAleo
            SOCAleo commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude we could go back and forth about what the Dems encouraged their supporters to do, in fact there is a post on this thread showing them in memes, but I think you wrote that off already. Please post a source on those comments made by Trump and Giuliani, are those verbatim or summarized?

But it brings me back to my original sentiment, this crap needs to stop on both sides. I don't agree with either parties rhetoric when it comes to stuff like this. We all need to realize that we are citizens together, living in the greatest country on earth today and there are numerous countries waiting for the right time to take us out! A house divided is easily destroyed.

• SOCAleo
            SOCAleo commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not going to sit here and condone the rhetoric. What I'm trying to do is show everyone including yourself that rhetoric is being hurled from both sides. It doesn't make it right. We as sound minded individuals should see it that way, its both sides that are doing this!!!! You should recognize that we are being manipulated to believe that you and I are enemies against each other. That is not the truth, we are both Americans and cops, we should be united. If we aren't united we fall. Plain and simple. The enemy is waiting in the wings and waiting for us to go up against each other so we can't be a united front when the true enemy comes. BOLO for the true enemy is all I'm trying to say.
        • BNWS
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2009

I'm not a legal scholar but a lot of what we've seen over the past few months seems to fit the definition of domestic terrorism. I did note that it states "a government" not specifically the federal government. and the violation of laws of any state not just federal laws. Am I missing something?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2331.

Comment

• BNWS
            BNWS commented
            Editing a comment
            This just says mass destruction. I took this to mean destruction over a wide area not necessarily destruction caused by one weapon. Thanks for the clarification
        • retired137
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2011

Teen shames mom for attending Capitol riot.
          The reaction against the perp was swift. She's obviously fleet of hand, I dont think the perp will attend another event.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/08/teen-s...-capitol-riot/
          Last edited by retired137; 01-09-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by retired137
            Teen shames mom for attending Capitol riot.
            The reaction against the perp was swift. She's obviously fleet of hand, I dont think the perp will attend another event.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/08/teen-s...-capitol-riot/
            One, I think the daughter may have done the best "This You" meme. Two, it was payback because mom kicked her out for going to a BLM rally. Right or Wrong, I'd be highly P!ss&d off that my kid would out me to the internet...Three, that was a pretty good punch, I wonder was it just for snatching a phone? And was the black lady there in an official capacity. I saw her jacket or shirt has oddly familiar type patches. Also, that was about one of the cleanest street punches I think I've seen in a long time.

Comment

• retired137
              retired137 commented
              Editing a comment
              It appears a male attempts to accost the thrower of the punch. He sees something that alters his response. She may be a uniformed police officer.
          • retired137
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2011

It looks like that's not the first punch shes thrown. I was actually pretty impressed with the reaction time.
            I wonder how dumb and dumber would fare?
            Last edited by retired137; 01-09-2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• retired137
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by SOCAleo

By your standards Redstate isn't a good source. in fact I remember you posting on another thread using Snopes as your source so.........

All media is biased, but read the article and you will see the dude that is the BLM supporter posted on his social media the video of Babbitt being shot, how did he film it if he wasn't there? Pretty good source to me. Why don't you read the article before writing it off as BS.

In reference to your other argument.

That's what anarchist do! They're using a tried and true tactics, they typically call it a "Trojan Horse" move or an infiltrated move to stir up anti sentiment against another group. It's a great way to sway public sentiment against the group you are infiltrating.
              What say you regarding LEO that were part of the anarchists? This will come out in the investigation. Part of the "Trojan Horse?"

Comment

• retired137
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by SOCAleo
                There is now proof that a BLM Organizer made entry into the capitol. Reportedly he was next to Ashli Babbitt when she was shot. One of the video footages recorded of the shooting was filmed by him.

This is a guy known to organize protests for BLM, so conventional wisdom would say that he was not there alone. But liberal wisdom would say he was just there to document the incident and he was the only BLM member that breached the capitol that day.

Report on What Happened to BLM Organizer Who Was at Capitol Protest, More on Antifa Presence (redstate.com)

Ultimately we need to remember, we are all Americans and we should not be at each others throats. There is a real enemy out there and it is pitting us against each other! This is part of the way Rome fell. It is a tried and true tactic of war. See through the class warfare and find the real enemy. Focus your attention on them and not each other.

Donald John Trump

"I just had the privilege of signing a very strong Executive Order protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues - and combatting recent Criminal Violence," Mr Trump wrote on Twitter on 26 June, after people took to the streets in the wake of George Floyd’s murder. "Long prison terms for these lawless acts against our Great Country!"

Comment

• Bing_Oh
                  Disinformation Officer
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814

Those people should have totally been charged appropriately with like arson or whatever crime fit the bill. But no, burning down a courthouse does compare with literally trying to interrupt and cause action to be taken on your behalf because you used or threaten violence against Congress. At the Capitol, the seat of American Government.

Now those fools who took over that area of in Seattle and called is SH!+ or something, they are the closest to treason that happened this year as they were trying to displace and replace a unit of government that originated with the Constitution. They should have been charged with that no doubt.
                  Now support your argument.

You have said that interrupting or attempting to cause action to be taken on your behalf through violence (as happened at the Capitol) is insurrection. The Judiciary is one of the three branches of Federal Government (just as the Legislature...ie, Congress...is), separate but equal to the other two branches of government. So, by your above definition, aren't rioters who attacked and tried to burn down Federal courthouses (a violent attack on the Judiciary with the intent to interrupt or cause action to be taken upon their behalf) insurrectionists?

Again, it's time to put your biases aside and look at things from a logical perspective. If you're unable to do this, then your arguments are nothing but biased personal opinions.
                  "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• retired137
                    retired137 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Was court in session with jurists and a judge? Or was the building not being utilized in its official capacity in the judiciary? Something to ponder.

• CCCSD
                    CCCSD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is what happens when children are allowed to post on the internet. Scotty is a perfect example of immaturity in today’s LE.
                    He will be one of those who will gleefully follow orders to seize firearms and arrest people if told to.

He thinks this is a good thing and he knows better than everyone else.

• Bing_Oh
                    Bing_Oh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Actually, DM206, I wonder why you are so insistent on differentiating the violent actions of one group over another...especially considering that both groups in question were obviously attempting to subvert the government through violence.

For the last nine months, you have leftists who have been doing their best to undermine law enforcement through violence (arguably, subverting the Executive Branch). At the same time, they're targeting courthouses (attacking the Judicial Branch). And, yet, their actions have been referred to as "protests." Yet, when those on the right subvert the Legislative Branch, those same people people bandy around terms like "insurrection" and "treason."

It's unacceptable that people accept violent action in the furtherance of their political and/or ideological belief from one side, but condemn it from another.

• Bing_Oh
                    Bing_Oh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My point is, if "trying to interrupt and cause action to be taken on your behalf because you used or threaten violence against [a branch of government]" (as Scotty said) amounts to insurrection, then it should apply to BOTH the actors at the Capitol Building and those at Federal courthouses in recent months. In general terms, their actions and intentions were no different...they sought to unlawfully and with violence undermine the integrity of the duly-elected or appointed members of the government so as to further their own political and/or ideological beliefs.
                • SOCAleo
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by retired137

What say you regarding LEO that were part of the anarchists? This will come out in the investigation. Part of the "Trojan Horse?"
                  It depends, what was the reason they were there? Not all cops, you being a great example, are supporters of Trump or the right. So what was the off duty LEOs ideology? Were they there to support Trump or were they there marching for the left in an infiltrating manner?

And you are right, this all will come out in the investigation. Assuming the LEO was a Trump supporter, bad decision on his/her part. Or if he/she was on the left, bad decision as well. Both fell for the con and drank the kool aid.

Bottom line, you and I, are not enemies against each other. Stop being swayed by the rhetoric, see through the BS and look for the end goal of all this. Ultimately, it is to pit each other against one another so we aren't a united front when the true enemy arrives.

Comment

• retired137
                    retired137 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I mistakenly cast a vote for Trump. He is the enemy.
                • Ratatatat
                  Welcome to the party, pal
                  • Dec 2014

Now that a couple of days have passed, some thoughts....

1. I'm surprised how easy it was to bust out windows and breech doors at the US Capitol. Clearly they need to harden up that building to a standard higher than your typical church or high school. I mean, look what happened with just sticks and rocks. Good God what if it was a terrorist cell with real tools and devices.

2. I've been reading how this was a massive 'intelligence failure' on behalf of a bunch of three letter agencies. I call BS on that. For weeks I saw signs on multiple open sources that hotheads were planning to get froggy in DC on Jan 6 and I'm just a private citizen with too much spare time. There are hordes of intel analysts paid to scour social media and the dark web for threats and if I saw the red flags, I'm sure they did as well. This was a failure to act on intelligence, plain and simple.

3. I don't know much about the USCP, other than they are somewhat unique as an agency of the Legislative branch and not the Executive branch. And because they fly under the radar, there's less oversight and accountability.

What I do know, from firsthand experience, is the toxic combination of minimal accountability, institutional arrogance, and failure of leadership manifests itself parallel to what occurred this week. Intel is dismissed, prior preparation is poor, management assigns unrealistic assignments with the belief things will magically collapse into place in the end, and no one is held accountable for obvious lapses in judgement. I did read that the chief of USCP has been canned, which is a breath of fresh air, because soooo often it's the rank and file who get squashed while the G protects and coddles grossly unfit managers. They never seem to learn from their mistakes, no matter how often repeated, as long as their little power structure remains intact.

4. This ain't over and won't be over anytime soon. Buckle up for a bumpy ride.
                  Last edited by Ratatatat; 01-10-2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25058 users online. 65 members and 24993 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...