300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krinkiboi2020 View Post

Speaking of New World Order (haven't heard that term in a while...) type sh*t, have you seen the latest proposal from PA?
    I have not but I will take a look in to it

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

I have not but I will take a look in to it
      I linked it in the "Illegal family gathering" thread.

It's... Well, not surprising given where we are in 2020.

Comment

Still thank you for your service, but it's a young person's game and rather you like it, we got next.
        I don't generally defend CCCSD's abrasive demeanor, but you making the comment that "it's a young person's game" is no better than him banging on someone because of their youth.

I'm personally a shift supervisor and one of the "old guys" in my department and have a few young guys who have that attitude. I find it amusing when they get into a situation outside of their scope and over their head when, all of a sudden, they need the "old guy" to shovel them out of their particular pile of feces. I may not be as fast or as strong as I once was, but I'm much more experienced and sneaky than when I started (and it's amazing how much that counts on the street). It may behoove the younger generation to respect and use that resource rather than disparage it.
        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
          scotty_appleton814 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just like all the other culture changes that have happened in all time, it's always the young and up and comers that drive change. Think of music, movies, arts, books, pop culture. Sports. ALL of it. I love hip hop but I hate today's version. But the young ppl drive the game. I love physical defense and Power I football. But young coaches are all about the spread. Maybe that's why the Iowa Hawkeyes are one of my favorite teams to watch. In 15 or 20 years, has Coach K really changed his gameplan no? Iowa will have great O lineman, the only fullbacks to get drafted and great tight ends. Entertaining and competitive, but will they ever win a national title in today's game? Probably not.

Ok dude. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.
        I’ll be still OTJ while you are standing in the unemployment line, waiting on your application to Burger King.

You are an EPIC FOOL.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
          Editing a comment
          I did make burgers for BK when I was a teenager. Like most else I've done in life. I wasn't horrible at it. Left that job for another at an arcade, then a carwash, then FedEx, then college and the military. And here I am now working a dream trying to make my city and pd just little bit better than when I found it. And you know how I do it, by not forgetting the path it took me to get here.

We also had an armed rally in Richmond VA a week or so ago in open defiance of the gun control laws now in effect in the state. I was bummed that I wasn't able to attend that one due to it being on rather short notice, unlike the Lobby Day rally on Jan 20, which I was able to attend with about 40 members of the Combat Veterans Association, in support of the thousands of Virginians and other American patriots there that day.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
          Editing a comment
          What gun laws were they protesting or in defiance of?

• Krinkiboi2020
          Krinkiboi2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          AWB and magazine bans, typical stuff. What wasn't typical was the reaction to those bills. You had almost every county in Virginia declaring themselves 2A Sanctuaries, as well as those counties' respective Sheriff's Depts refusing to enforce those laws after they were inevitably passed. That led to ridiculous talk from the Governor's office to include proposals to shut off power and jam cell and internet services, among other things, in those counties, to the state AG suggesting that they order the National Guard to enforce the new restrictions. All of that led to the Lobby Day armed rally on Jan 20 of this year, which saw turnout in the tens of thousands... as well as much pearl clutching from the OP of the civil war thread...

Everybody in attendance at the January rally knew that the bills would be passed. But the point wasn't to change the VA govs minds - the point was that the bullsh*t stops here. If you wanna come and get them, then Virginians, as well as Americans from other states, are going to make it really hard for you.
          Last edited by Krinkiboi2020; 11-29-2020, 08:30 PM.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Krinkiboi2020 -Edit- apparently the thing about them shutting off services is false information.
          Last edited by Levithane; 11-29-2020, 10:47 PM.

• Krinkiboi2020
          Krinkiboi2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Levithane, yes those claims were. But at the same time there were op-eds going around applauding those rumors as what should be done to put down people that don't lick the boot.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

I’ll be still OTJ while you are standing in the unemployment line, waiting on your application to Burger King.

You are an EPIC FOOL.
        I was OTJ when you were shi**ing green. The supervisor whom I replaced retired with 47 years. I'm easily beating that. Cut the BS please.

Comment

Originally posted by SOCAleo View Post

Yes it was and if anything the gun laws have gotten more laxed since.

BLM protests with guns and none have been reported as being arrested for doing so. If you don't believe me, here is a linked article with videos showing just that:

Heavily-armed leftist gun club patrolling streets of Seattle’s CHAZ to ‘ward off dangerous extremists’ – The Sun
          See: Mulford Act
          See: Ronald Reagan
          See: NRA position on Mulford Act

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

Hiring standards are monumentally higher than they were in the 60's and 70's. The reality is, most LEO's of that era were hired for their ability to kick @$$...I've heard that straight from the mouths of officers who worked with them. Today, your average hiring process includes written testing (both cognitive and psychological), oral interviews, extensive background investigations, some sort of "lie detector" test, and an in-depth psychological examination...and that's before you look at the increases in the base hiring requirements. Few of these steps were common for your average LE agency in the 60's and 70's.

As for higher education, it's ironic that you'd question its usefulness because it wasn't LE that pushed for it, but so-called "police reform advocates." That's the same for what you refer to as "PC hires"...LE generally wants to hire the best candidate, regardless of surface differences. It's politicians and "reformers" who push things like hiring quotas based upon race, sex, etc.
            Anyone hired under a pass fail physical ability test is "probably" a PC hire, most look at race, sex, etc., as they don't understand the how and why change was initiated. That portion of the entrance examination was changed because of undersized performers.
            The change occurred right after my hiring in the mid 70s for Fire and PD in our city. I recall being at our training center and PD was sorting out applicants with a physical ability test. We were ushered back inside after someone overheard one of us make the comment, "I can go faster than that pushing a lawnmower".
            Last edited by retired137; 12-21-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by retired137 View Post
              Anyone hired under a pass fail physical ability test is "probably" a PC hire, most look at race, sex, etc., as they don't understand the how and why change was initiated. That portion of the entrance examination was changed because of undersized performers.
              The change occurred right after my hiring in the mid 70s for Fire and PD in our city. I recall being at our training center and PD was sorting out applicants with a physical ability test. We were ushered back inside after someone overheard one of us make the comment, "I can go faster than that pushing a lawnmower".
              Pass/fail physical agility tests are almost universal in my state now. They're generally based upon the same standards the state has set for completion of the academy and are given before even the written test, making them essentially an entry-level requirement.

As for their "PC-ism," departments normally use the state standards because they can justify them in any potential lawsuit. In the 90's, it was hit-or-miss if departments had physical agility tests and what they were...many used their own obstacle courses, set their own standards, or graded them and used them for candidate ranking. Then, applicants started suing departments, claiming the tests/standards couldn't be justified as job-necessary (as well as various claims of sexual discrimination). From there on, most departments just switched to following the standards set by the state so they could fall back on that if sued. So, while you may call it PC, I'd call it another casualty of the proliferation of lawyers in this country.
              "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
              -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

Pass/fail physical agility tests are almost universal in my state now. They're generally based upon the same standards the state has set for completion of the academy and are given before even the written test, making them essentially an entry-level requirement.

As for their "PC-ism," departments normally use the state standards because they can justify them in any potential lawsuit. In the 90's, it was hit-or-miss if departments had physical agility tests and what they were...many used their own obstacle courses, set their own standards, or graded them and used them for candidate ranking. Then, applicants started suing departments, claiming the tests/standards couldn't be justified as job-necessary (as well as various claims of sexual discrimination). From there on, most departments just switched to following the standards set by the state so they could fall back on that if sued. So, while you may call it PC, I'd call it another casualty of the proliferation of lawyers in this country.
                I rest my case.
                Last edited by retired137; 12-21-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Someone recently informed me of another state lowering standards again. I had to look for myself. WOW!

https://www.publicsafetytesting.com/...21-physical-wa

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                    Editing a comment
                    I applied to many departments in Washington state before I got hired. Physical standards then were really no different than a bunch of other states standard. However, on the surface I'm not totally against this change. When is the last time I ran on foot 1.5 miles in 13 minutes after a perp? Never for me. But I've had my fair share of 200 to 400 meter sprints trying to hang to young criminals with 2 good knees and a good back. I think the sprint portion should have been retrained however.

• retired137
                    retired137 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The problem with the revised standards is you have candidates that will pass with the minimum. 20 pushups? No muscular
                    endurance gets your behind handed to you in a hands on. This is considering most of the applicants will be younger and in their prime when considering employment, most don't make fitness a priority after getting hired, however, there are exceptions. Public Safety is a younger persons game if you are still in the hands on piece, although many will disagree.
                    Last edited by retired137; 12-25-2020, 04:41 PM.

Originally posted by SOCAleo View Post

Yes it was and if anything the gun laws have gotten more laxed since.

BLM protests with guns and none have been reported as being arrested for doing so. If you don't believe me, here is a linked article with videos showing just that:

Heavily-armed leftist gun club patrolling streets of Seattle’s CHAZ to ‘ward off dangerous extremists’ – The Sun
                  What have you to say about the storming of the capital today? A perfect example of law and order.

Comment

Where's the people that continue to tell us the GOP is not a radical anti american party? Is there any more doubt?

Comment

Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post
                      Where's the people that continue to tell us the GOP is not a radical anti american party? Is there any more doubt?
                      Life was so much easier before. I'm sorry to say I voted for the soon not to be president, I'm quite glad he lost now. He is the biggest threat to democracy there is, hopefully he's convicted after he leaves office. On another note, there will be a lot of his followers facing swift punishment for the breach. LMAO
                      Last edited by retired137; 01-06-2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Sounds like 137's hitting the fortified wine again...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4029 users online. 217 members and 3812 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X