300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

MAY be? He's a world-class neurosurgeon- he's smarter than any two of us put together.
    Then he should be in an OR, not in DC as the leader of Housing & Urban Development.

This Space For Rent

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post

Then he should be in an OR, not in DC as the leader of Housing & Urban Development.

You hit this one right on the head.

Comment

Rookie, the Democrat Party is the party of old, rich, white guys, and always has been. From the time of Democrat plantation owners using blacks to harvest cotton, to their current practice of playing blacks to harvest votes.

The absolute worst environment for black Americans is in the ghettos of Democrat-run cities.

All Democrats do, is toss black voters an occasional block of government cheese, and only take them out at voting time.

If you're voting Democrat, you're voting for the party of the KKK...
        While it is true that Democrats were the original party of slavery and the KKK, the way you frame this is biased. If you are going to frame Democrats as racist, then you should be honest and acknowledge that both parties throughout this century were racists. There were KKK with strong Conservative ties as well in this time period. That's why we had 300 years of slavery and 50 years neo-slavery. You don't get to this point without both sides being racist.

There's so much history to unpack here. But on a basic level you should freely admit that segregationist Strom Thurmond was nominated by the Dixiecrats in 1948. In 1964, he switched parties in opposition to the civil rights act. He filibustered the civil rights act for over 24 hours which is the longest filibuster in history. This bill allowed Black men to serve in the military and gave Black Americans some of their constitutional rights. Strom was supported by exclusively white southerners. States rights Democrats that switched parties. So, you can't finger wag about how racists Democrats were without even mentioning that a large faction of those Democrats switched parties 50 years ago to become Conservatives.

If Democrats are so bad for Black Americans, then why do the overwhelming majority of Black Americans vote for Democrats? Are you saying they're too stupid to know what's good for them? Also, why do you think most Black Americans live in cities? I don't know the answers to all these questions, but it seems like they should be asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post

While it is true that Democrats were the original party of slavery and the KKK, the way you frame this is biased. If you are going to frame Democrats as racist, then you should be honest and acknowledge that both parties throughout this century were racists. There were KKK with strong Conservative ties as well in this time period. That's why we had 300 years of slavery and 50 years neo-slavery. You don't get to this point without both sides being racist.

There's so much history to unpack here. But on a basic level you should freely admit that segregationist Strom Thurmond was nominated by the Dixiecrats in 1948. In 1964, he switched parties in opposition to the civil rights act. He filibustered the civil rights act for over 24 hours which is the longest filibuster in history. This bill allowed Black men to serve in the military and gave Black Americans some of their constitutional rights. Strom was supported by exclusively white southerners. States rights Democrats that switched parties. So, you can't finger wag about how racists Democrats were without even mentioning that a large faction of those Democrats switched parties 50 years ago to become Conservatives.

If Democrats are so bad for Black Americans, then why do the overwhelming majority of Black Americans vote for Democrats? Are you saying they're too stupid to know what's good for them? Also, why do you think most Black Americans live in cities? I don't know the answers to all these questions, but it seems like they should be asked.
          A-D-K-E-A, will surely answer that us black folk don't know what's good for ourselves because we are too dumb. The only reason he won't say it now is because I just preemptively called him out for it.

Comment

• Rookie, you being dumb has nothing to do with your skin color- you'd be just as dumb if you were plaid.

Comment

• Well, I see that this thread is going down a similar path as the CW2 thread....

Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krinkiboi2020 View Post
                Well, I see that this thread is going down a similar path as the CW2 thread....

Sad.
                The recent threads that had been nuked have 2 members in common who believe they just know everything. And that everything they know for 1 is more than a bit prejudicial and for the other is moronic attitude and tendencies. Recently I began to just simply challenge that vitriol they spew and wow does it get them riled up.

Comment

Rookie, you being dumb has nothing to do with your skin color- you'd be just as dumb if you were plaid.
                  I wasn't a dumb rookie until I began to challenge some of the opinions (and bullying also) you and your homeboy 3C share on this platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post

No. Flinging spurious claims of institutionalized racism as a component of the anti-slavery Republican party, does not absolve the pro-slavery Democrat party of it's foundational racism.

There's so much history to unpack here. But on a basic level you should freely admit that segregationist Strom Thurmond was nominated by the Dixiecrats in 1948.
                    The Dixiecrats were a splinter faction of the Democrat party, and after losing the 1948 election, they retirnereturned tonthe Democrat party.

Strom was supported by exclusively white southerners.
                    ...who were Democrats.

[Pro-slavery] States rights Democrats that switched parties. So, you can't finger wag about how racists Democrats were without even mentioning that a large faction of those Democrats switched parties 50 years ago to become Conservatives.
                    Please cite the "large faction of those" "States Rights Democrats that allegedly switched parties.

We can go through each and every oeveof them, to see if they brought their racist pro-slavery ideologies with them.

If Democrats are so bad for Black Americans, then why do the overwhelming majority of Black Americans vote for Democrats? Are you saying they're too stupid to know what's good for them?
                    It's because the Democrat party has sold them a bill of goods.

Also, why do you think most Black Americans live in [large Democrat-run] cities?
                    Because that's where their Democrat masters keep them.

Comment

• Barack Hussein is a great example of the difference between Republicans and Democrats. Republicans tend to see people for who they are as individuals. Democrats tend to identify people by assigning them to a group, by outward appearance and/or chosen deviant behaviors.

So the Democrat party sold Barack Hussein to black voters as a black man. In reality, Barack Hussein is no more black than he is white- he was born to a completely white mother.

Republicans, on the other hand, saw Barack Hussein for who he really is- a Harvard-educated attorney multi-millionaire lifetime career politician who has absolutely nothing in common with the people conned into voting for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

I wasn't a dumb rookie until I began to challenge some of the opinions (and bullying also) you and your homeboy 3C share on this platform.
                        Don't sell yourself short...

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                          scotty_appleton814 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I did not sell myself short. I just made an observation that is alternative facts. You know what that is right.

• Jesus christ this thread is turning into a captain picard face palm. Its like watching a segment of left wing or right wing news arguing which party is morally superior based on their past history. News flash its all political theater, this is the kind of bickering that is wanted so the egregious spending can continue. IE you all are more focused on arguing against each other over party characteristics, rather than arguing over the things that actually matter.

Comment

• Levithane
                          Levithane commented
                          Editing a comment
                          @scotty_appleton814 its because you all aren't asking the question as to why it occurred. The argument that it was one particular thing that contributed to it is shortsighted, dishonest, and the kind of filth the media puts out. I am in no way defending or advocating for what occurred, but until you all as well as the rest of the country asks why things like this occurred instead of going the overly emotional political partisan route the issues won't get solved.

• scotty_appleton814
                          Editing a comment
                          We disagree on why it happened as well how bad it was when it happened.

• DM206
                          DM206 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Agree that this thread is a disaster, but I also agree that it is ridiculous that there is so much disagreement on this forum about whether the Capitol riot was bad or wrong or worse than "trespassing". And no, it's not a matter of understanding why the crowd was upset. That's worth discussing but it doesn't change the fundamental fact that this was an organized attack on our democracy. When someone commits murder, it attempts kidnapping, we don't debate the justifications given by the perpetrators, do we? It's part of the story but the basic plot is still murder, kidnapping, insurrection.

Look at the charges and evidence they have been announcing over the last week, and talk to me about how we need to understand the crowd's frustrations. Talk about trespassing. And pretend that downplaying the incident like that is not based on personal bias or misinformation.

• Levithane
                          Levithane commented
                          Editing a comment
                          DM206 Oh they should face consequences Im not in any disagreement with that. The only point I would make about understanding why things like this occur is that so they can be averted in the future. Frankly Im not surprised something like this happened to begin with. Between Donald Trump being a clown on twitter, and the Federal government making poor decisions over the past decades in anyone surprised people showed up wanting to murder, kidnap, and commit an insurrection?

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

The recent threads that had been nuked have 2 members in common who believe they just know everything. And that everything they know for 1 is more than a bit prejudicial and for the other is moronic attitude and tendencies. Recently I began to just simply challenge that vitriol they spew and wow does it get them riled up.
                        To be clear, the reason the Civil War 2 thread got nuked, was you making inappropriate sexual comments about my deceased mother.

With judgement problems like that, it's only a matter of time before your mouth causes you to become unemployed. Those of us that have already survived a career in law enforcement and retired honorably, can see it coming a mile away.
                        Last edited by Aidokea; 01-16-2021, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                          Editing a comment
                          The reason your mouth didn't get you in trouble was because there was minimal cameras around during your brief career.

No. Flinging spurious claims of institutionalized racism as a component of the anti-slavery Republican party, does not absolve the pro-slavery Democrat party of it's foundational racism.

The Dixiecrats were a splinter faction of the Democrat party, and after losing the 1948 election, they retirnereturned tonthe Democrat party.

...who were Democrats.

Please cite the "large faction of those" "States Rights Democrats that allegedly switched parties.

We can go through each and every oeveof them, to see if they brought their racist pro-slavery ideologies with them.

It's because the Democrat party has sold them a bill of goods.

Because that's where their Democrat masters keep them.
                        This post here is what happens when you don't love your step children or your wife's dog.

Who are the southern whites now? No one said that the Democratic Party had to forget its racist roots, what most people reasonably believe is that they are nowhere near as "exclusionary" as the current GOP.

I'm gonna jump out on a limb and ask if you do think this institutionalized racist or any effects from slavery and Jim Crow in present day 2021 America?

I'll even throw you a bone. I don't I'm now which one is worse. Being sold a bill of goods by the Dems, or not even being acknowledged unless it's to suppress POC votes by the GOP.

With more news and information coming out about the attack on the Capitol, do you still believe they were just simple trespassers? That it was no big deal?

Comment

Barack Hussein is a great example of the difference between Republicans and Democrats. Republicans tend to see people for who they are as individuals. Democrats tend to identify people by assigning them to a group, by outward appearance and/or chosen deviant behaviors.

So the Democrat party sold Barack Hussein to black voters as a black man. In reality, Barack Hussein is no more black than he is white- he was born to a completely white mother.

Republicans, on the other hand, saw Barack Hussein for who he really is- a Harvard-educated attorney multi-millionaire lifetime career politician who has absolutely nothing in common with the people conned into voting for him.
                          Barack Obama's political career was only 10 or 11 years. Far from a lifetime career political. And he didn't become a millionaire until he joined the Senate. Newsflash, if not already one at election, most senators become millionaires in their first term. Most sign book deals or get into other endeavors that get them in the millionaire club.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3545 users online. 163 members and 3382 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X