Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashli Babbitt’s journey to the Capitol, where the Trump and QAnon supporter was fatally shot by police - The Washington Post

This video shows the scene as it develops. Note at first, three USCP officers are standing in front of barricaded doors to the speaker's lobby as a hothead approaches and starts punching the glass. The officers are cool with him breaking the panes and moments after the crowd starts yelling 'F the Blue!', the three officers move out of the way and stand in the hall as the doors get bashed in. Inside the speaker's lobby, an officer has his firearm presented as Ashli Babbitt attempts to climb through the barricaded door. We all know what happens next.

The video captures the absolute mayhem and I have no doubt those officers were scared s**tless as they faced the violent mob. But- this is what I don't get- they made no attempt to stop any of it. In fact, they moved out of the way.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories (such as the USCP intentionally created a 'reverse trojan horse' to allow for the chaos) but I do question what the operational mindset was. Where they instructed at shift briefings not to make arrests that day? Or was the scene so chaotic they were too intimidated to take action, as it may further turn the mob on them?

I'm sure more information will be forthcoming but at this moment, this looks to be a failure of leadership, training, and expectations. And lack of preparation and inadequate physical security.

I'm not dogging on those officers. I'm dogging on the G for putting them in a bad situation.
    Last edited by Ratatatat; 01-09-2021, 09:20 AM.
    If it is all beautiful you can’t believe it. Things aren’t that way.

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
    Ashli Babbitt’s journey to the Capitol, where the Trump and QAnon supporter was fatally shot by police - The Washington Post

This video shows the scene as it develops. Note at first, three USCP officers are standing in front of barricaded doors to the speaker's lobby as a hothead approaches and starts punching the glass. The officers are cool with him breaking the panes and moments after the crowd starts yelling 'F the Blue!', the three officers move out of the way and stand in the hall as the doors get bashed in. Inside the speaker's lobby, an officer has his firearm presented as Ashli Babbitt attempts to climb through the barricaded door. We all know what happens next.

The video captures the absolute mayhem and I have no doubt those officers were scared s**tless as they faced the violent mob. But- this is what I don't get- they made no attempt to stop any of it. In fact, they moved out of the way.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories (such as the USCP intentionally created a 'reverse trojan horse' to allow for the chaos) but I do question what the operational mindset was. Where they instructed at shift briefings not to make arrests that day? Or was the scene so chaotic they were too intimidated to take action, as it may further turn the mob on them?

I'm sure more information will be forthcoming but at this moment, this looks to be a failure of leadership, training, and expectations. And lack of preparation and inadequate physical security.

I'm not dogging on those officers. I'm dogging on the G for putting them in a bad situation.
    Let's not overlook the obvious. Would the preparation and response for this event been the same if it was a BLM event? The preparation started at the top, the Chief as very comfortable with the preparation but not the response which ultimately cost him his job. Why? Any thoughts and opinions on this?
    Last edited by retired137; 01-09-2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
      scotty_appleton814 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well we saw their preparation for BLM events. And it was nowhere near what we seen with the Vanilla ISIS invasion.

• Being trapped a facing untold amounts of angry people against a barricaded door doesn't leave you many options. Outnumbered and maybe out gunned. Having a gun doesn't make you superman. Given the choice of moving out of the way and letting them through to look for senators who are already evacuated through a tunnel or in a bunker, I'd say that they made the right decision. They may have been waiting for that tac team that showed up right after the shot was fired. As we see now some in the crowd were willing to assault and kill cops.
    As I said in an earlier post I have been surrounded by angry crowd. My gun kept them at bay but tin the back of my mind I knew at most I could take a couple with me but I would not have survived without the back up arriving.
    Luckily they will survive to read guys second guessing them on o.com

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
      Editing a comment
      Well said.

• CCCSD
      CCCSD commented
      Editing a comment
      So Scotty, then you should stop posting since you agreed with BNWS.

• scotty_appleton814
      Editing a comment
      3C, thank you for the extra month of rent-free living in your mind.

• There is now proof that a BLM Organizer made entry into the capitol. Reportedly he was next to Ashli Babbitt when she was shot. One of the video footages recorded of the shooting was filmed by him.

This is a guy known to organize protests for BLM, so conventional wisdom would say that he was not there alone. But liberal wisdom would say he was just there to document the incident and he was the only BLM member that breached the capitol that day.

Report on What Happened to BLM Organizer Who Was at Capitol Protest, More on Antifa Presence (redstate.com)

Ultimately we need to remember, we are all Americans and we should not be at each others throats. There is a real enemy out there and it is pitting us against each other! This is part of the way Rome fell. It is a tried and true tactic of war. See through the class warfare and find the real enemy. Focus your attention on them and not each other.

Anyway, I think we should start another Civil War and Prepper thread.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
      Editing a comment
      If it's true. That dude is also a seditious, treasonous, insurrectionist and should be arrested and charged like the rest.

• SOCAleo
      SOCAleo commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree on that.

• retired137
      retired137 commented
      Editing a comment
      LEO was part of the group also. Your point is?

• SOCAleo
      SOCAleo commented
      Editing a comment
      The point is, there was two sides committing these acts. Both are wrong. Don't fall for the biased accusations that this was all done by one side.

• I wouldn't consider Redstate to be a reliable source, to put it mildly.

And more to the point for those suggesting that ANTIFA was there dressed up as Trump insurgents....

Care to explain why members of the group that Trump designated as a terrorist organization would want to obstruct the certification of an election that results in Trump's term ending in 2021?
    This Space For Rent

Comment

• Anyway, I think we should start another Civil War and Prepper thread.

I would but since my previous one got deleted, maybe I'm not the right person to do it...

If it is all beautiful you can’t believe it. Things aren’t that way.

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
        A lot of you should stop trying to minimize what these folks did at the Capitol. Looting a damn Walmart does not compare with staging a coup at the seat of American Government.
        Ok, how about multiple attempt to burn down Federal courthouses? Does that compare?

The reality is, we've been watching what amounts to insurrectionist activity in this country for the last nine months. The only difference is the spin because people sympathize with one side or the other. And, that's exactly the problem...political ideology and bias is making people ignore the actions of one group while demonizing the actions of another, even though the actions are almost exactly the same. Maybe it's time to look past personal biases.
        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• DM206
          DM206 commented
          Editing a comment
          Does any destruction of federal property automatically equate to insurrection? I don't think it does. So I agree that anyone who sets fire to a police car, or sprays graffiti on a courthouse, smashes windows, etc, should be prosecuted, but I do not agree that those acts are all by themselves a form of insurrection. What happened at the Capitol building was similar to other protests in some surface level characteristics, but different altogether in kind. Or at least the acts of some subset of those individuals was fundamentally different. Sorting that out is now up to the investigators.

• Bing_Oh
          Bing_Oh commented
          Editing a comment
          What is the intent of the action? Some drunk who goes and flattens the tires of a cruiser because he's mad about the disorderly conduct ticket he got 10 years ago isn't an insurrectionists. Groups of people repeatedly attempting to burn down Federal courthouses with a clear political motive and the intent to alter the US Government through violence, on the other hand, most certainly are.

• Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

Ok, how about multiple attempt to burn down Federal courthouses? Does that compare?

The reality is, we've been watching what amounts to insurrectionist activity in this country for the last nine months. The only difference is the spin because people sympathize with one side or the other. And, that's exactly the problem...political ideology and bias is making people ignore the actions of one group while demonizing the actions of another, even though the actions are almost exactly the same. Maybe it's time to look past personal biases.
        Those people should have totally been charged appropriately with like arson or whatever crime fit the bill. But no, burning down a courthouse does compare with literally trying to interrupt and cause action to be taken on your behalf because you used or threaten violence against Congress. At the Capitol, the seat of American Government.

Now those fools who took over that area of in Seattle and called is SH!+ or something, they are the closest to treason that happened this year as they were trying to displace and replace a unit of government that originated with the Constitution. They should have been charged with that no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
          I wouldn't consider Redstate to be a reliable source, to put it mildly.

And more to the point for those suggesting that ANTIFA was there dressed up as Trump insurgents....

Care to explain why members of the group that Trump designated as a terrorist organization would want to obstruct the certification of an election that results in Trump's term ending in 2021?
          By your standards Redstate isn't a good source. in fact I remember you posting on another thread using Snopes as your source so.........

All media is biased, but read the article and you will see the dude that is the BLM supporter posted on his social media the video of Babbitt being shot, how did he film it if he wasn't there? Pretty good source to me. Why don't you read the article before writing it off as BS.

In reference to your other argument.

That's what anarchist do! They're using a tried and true tactics, they typically call it a "Trojan Horse" move or an infiltrated move to stir up anti sentiment against another group. It's a great way to sway public sentiment against the group you are infiltrating.
          Last edited by SOCAleo; 01-09-2021, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• DM206
            DM206 commented
            Editing a comment
            DJT told them to go to the Capitol and fight, be wild. Giuliani encouraged trial by combat. Donnie Jr. told them to fight. So I guess that makes them the biggest part of this whole false flag conspiracy.

• SOCAleo
            SOCAleo commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude we could go back and forth about what the Dems encouraged their supporters to do, in fact there is a post on this thread showing them in memes, but I think you wrote that off already. Please post a source on those comments made by Trump and Giuliani, are those verbatim or summarized?

But it brings me back to my original sentiment, this crap needs to stop on both sides. I don't agree with either parties rhetoric when it comes to stuff like this. We all need to realize that we are citizens together, living in the greatest country on earth today and there are numerous countries waiting for the right time to take us out! A house divided is easily destroyed.

• DM206
            DM206 commented
            Editing a comment
            They used the words I referenced, verbatim, in context of talking about how Pence lacked the courage to do the right thing and overturn the electoral votes. Some of that was in speeches on the morning of 1/6 and the "come to DC, will be wild" part was a tweet. He also said "we love you" in a video directed to the protesters recorded while the siege was ongoing. Hard to imagine a more unambiguous endorsement of what they did. We can argue what he meant by "stand back, stand by" but it's hard to argue with "we love you" in this context.

I'm sure you'll try anyway.

• SOCAleo
            SOCAleo commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not going to sit here and condone the rhetoric. What I'm trying to do is show everyone including yourself that rhetoric is being hurled from both sides. It doesn't make it right. We as sound minded individuals should see it that way, its both sides that are doing this!!!! You should recognize that we are being manipulated to believe that you and I are enemies against each other. That is not the truth, we are both Americans and cops, we should be united. If we aren't united we fall. Plain and simple. The enemy is waiting in the wings and waiting for us to go up against each other so we can't be a united front when the true enemy comes. BOLO for the true enemy is all I'm trying to say.

• I'm not a legal scholar but a lot of what we've seen over the past few months seems to fit the definition of domestic terrorism. I did note that it states "a government" not specifically the federal government. and the violation of laws of any state not just federal laws. Am I missing something?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2331.

Comment

• DM206
            DM206 commented
            Editing a comment
            The definition seems to fit any violent protest paired with a political demand, but if you look at the rest of the section the only type of domestic terrorism that the law appears to recognize is the use of weapons of mass destruction or acts related to the use of weapons of mass destruction. The other sections of the law apply only to acts outside the United States.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with whether that should be the case. Just what the law appears to me to say. There's a healthy debate about more robust laws related to domestic terrorism. I'm not the most knowledgeable about this issue but I've heard good arguments on both sides. Someone else may have more knowledge or insight on it.

The definition of wmd here includes any explosive bomb, so it does sound like they could treat the Capitol incident as a terrorist threat (given the pipe bombs).

• BNWS
            BNWS commented
            Editing a comment
            This just says mass destruction. I took this to mean destruction over a wide area not necessarily destruction caused by one weapon. Thanks for the clarification

• Teen shames mom for attending Capitol riot.
          The reaction against the perp was swift. She's obviously fleet of hand, I dont think the perp will attend another event.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/08/teen-s...-capitol-riot/
          Last edited by retired137; 01-09-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by retired137 View Post
            Teen shames mom for attending Capitol riot.
            The reaction against the perp was swift. She's obviously fleet of hand, I dont think the perp will attend another event.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/08/teen-s...-capitol-riot/
            One, I think the daughter may have done the best "This You" meme. Two, it was payback because mom kicked her out for going to a BLM rally. Right or Wrong, I'd be highly P!ss&d off that my kid would out me to the internet...Three, that was a pretty good punch, I wonder was it just for snatching a phone? And was the black lady there in an official capacity. I saw her jacket or shirt has oddly familiar type patches. Also, that was about one of the cleanest street punches I think I've seen in a long time.

Comment

• retired137
              retired137 commented
              Editing a comment
              It appears a male attempts to accost the thrower of the punch. He sees something that alters his response. She may be a uniformed police officer.

• It looks like that's not the first punch shes thrown. I was actually pretty impressed with the reaction time.
            I wonder how dumb and dumber would fare?
            Last edited by retired137; 01-09-2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SOCAleo View Post

By your standards Redstate isn't a good source. in fact I remember you posting on another thread using Snopes as your source so.........

All media is biased, but read the article and you will see the dude that is the BLM supporter posted on his social media the video of Babbitt being shot, how did he film it if he wasn't there? Pretty good source to me. Why don't you read the article before writing it off as BS.

In reference to your other argument.

That's what anarchist do! They're using a tried and true tactics, they typically call it a "Trojan Horse" move or an infiltrated move to stir up anti sentiment against another group. It's a great way to sway public sentiment against the group you are infiltrating.
              What say you regarding LEO that were part of the anarchists? This will come out in the investigation. Part of the "Trojan Horse?"

Comment

• Originally posted by SOCAleo View Post
                There is now proof that a BLM Organizer made entry into the capitol. Reportedly he was next to Ashli Babbitt when she was shot. One of the video footages recorded of the shooting was filmed by him.

This is a guy known to organize protests for BLM, so conventional wisdom would say that he was not there alone. But liberal wisdom would say he was just there to document the incident and he was the only BLM member that breached the capitol that day.

Report on What Happened to BLM Organizer Who Was at Capitol Protest, More on Antifa Presence (redstate.com)

Ultimately we need to remember, we are all Americans and we should not be at each others throats. There is a real enemy out there and it is pitting us against each other! This is part of the way Rome fell. It is a tried and true tactic of war. See through the class warfare and find the real enemy. Focus your attention on them and not each other.

Anyway, I think we should start another Civil War and Prepper thread.
                Donald John Trump

"I just had the privilege of signing a very strong Executive Order protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues - and combatting recent Criminal Violence," Mr Trump wrote on Twitter on 26 June, after people took to the streets in the wake of George Floyd’s murder. "Long prison terms for these lawless acts against our Great Country!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6436 users online. 370 members and 6066 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X