Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

You still babbling BS?

Grow up kid. You’re trying to play in the Big Boy Rules sandbox. Whining brats like you aren’t listened to.
    You're proof I'm being listened to whiny old man
    Last edited by scotty_appleton814; 01-08-2021, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

You're proof I'm being listening whiny old man
      Scotty you hurt my feelings with the "old man".
      I'm in that category also.

Comment

• ... speaking of whiny old men:

Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump

By Twitter Inc.
        Friday, 8 January 2021

After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.

In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action. Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open.

However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement.
        This sure must sting more than any impeachment ever could.

Comment

• That's enough to bring a grown man to tears.

Comment

• Originally posted by retired137 View Post

You're not whiney though.

Comment

• Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
              ... speaking of whiny old men:

Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump

By Twitter Inc.
              Friday, 8 January 2021

This sure must sting more than any impeachment ever could.
              Social media companies have finally showed some backbone.

Comment

• After the events of this week, how could any reasonable person support those insurrectionist and the Traitorous President who inspired them?

Comment

• BNWS
                  BNWS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  After this year I find it hard to support any American politician.

• scotty_appleton814
                  scotty_appleton814 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I won't disagree. The problem is the moderates in both parties can't get increased standing because they are too reasonable.

After the events of this week, how could any reasonable person support those insurrectionist and the Traitorous President who inspired them?
                I'll admit I voted for Trump. I'll also say he needs to be removed from office and jailed like a common criminal. Pardons under consideration for his staff and family? Speaks volumes about the Trump crime family.
                Last edited by retired137; 01-08-2021, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by retired137 View Post

What about the "I've been feeling old since 23ish" category?

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                  Editing a comment
                  8 years in the Army had me feeling old by 27 years old

• Krinkiboi2020
                  Krinkiboi2020 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  First echo tango suitcase had me feeling like I was 60... I didn't learn my lesson until this year.

• scotty_appleton814
                  Editing a comment
                  If you are not VA rated. Go get VA rated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social media companies have finally showed some backbone.
                Well, seeing as how there's currently an ongoing purge of conservative accounts across multiple platforms sparked by the events on 06JAN, I'd say this was more of an excuse than anything resembling "backbone."

Comment

• CCCSD
                  CCCSD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Scotty, you have NO CLUE about what this portends to 1A rights. Are you really a cop? Your ignorance is staggering.

• scotty_appleton814
                  Editing a comment
                  CCCSD, thank you very much for extending the lease I have for living in your mind rent-free for 2020 and 2021. I can't wait to see what 2022 brings!!!!!!

• CCCSD
                  CCCSD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You’re like the eight year old retarded kid they try to teach how to wave bye-bye. They just can’t get it, but everyone waves back and walks away, thanking God and Sweet Baby Jebus that they’re never going to be that pathetic.

• scotty_appleton814
                  Editing a comment
                  Once again I want to say to CCCSD, thank you very much for extending the lease I have for living in your mind rent-free for 2020 and 2021. I can't wait to see what 2022 brings!!!!!!

• Triple C, there is no need belittle anyone. We all can do it, I know you can hold your own, because I saw you do it while you held mine. You need to stop.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/st...777011714?s=20

More video. This one is hard to watch.
                  It's sad what is happening in this country. I'm having a hard time processing it. People giddy over Trump being banned from Twitter need to think twice about what kind of world they want to live in. Make no mistake, I really dislike Trump, I do... the opposite of everything I am raising my sons to be--selfish, arrogant, proudly ignorant...but the fact is he stood up for people who justifiably feel like they've been screwed over and insulted. He stood up for police officers who have been called racists and murderers. And you can be ignorant of that at your own peril.

I don't even know why I'm gonna tell this story, but I am. As a special education teacher in an large urban school district, I work with some really tough kids and before covid, worked pretty regularly with an SRO in our building on all kinds of different things that involved the kids on my caseload. Well, the police had our SROS (we had two) do monthly table top meetings with the staff. Turns out this SRO worked in the sexual crimes division and took this SRO job because he had seen enough evil for a lifetime. He said that to our staff with tears in his eyes. Anyways, you couldn't meet a better guy. A real one. Kids flocked to him and he did his damndest to build a culture of respect and love in our building. Not an easy job. Not something the average person would be willing to do. That's the kind of person that holds America together.

That's what Blue Lives Matter is about to me. Someone has to stand up for that. I just wish it wasn't Donald Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post
                    https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/st...777011714?s=20

More video. This one is hard to watch.
                    It's sad what is happening in this country. I'm having a hard time processing it. People giddy over Trump being banned from Twitter need to think twice about what kind of world they want to live in. Make no mistake, I really dislike Trump, I do... the opposite of everything I am raising my sons to be--selfish, arrogant, proudly ignorant...but the fact is he stood up for people who justifiably feel like they've been screwed over and insulted. He stood up for police officers who have been called racists and murderers. And you can be ignorant of that at your own peril.

I don't even know why I'm gonna tell this story, but I am. As a special education teacher in an large urban school district, I work with some really tough kids and before covid, worked pretty regularly with an SRO in our building on all kinds of different things that involved the kids on my caseload. Well, the police had our SROS (we had two) do monthly table top meetings with the staff. Turns out this SRO worked in the sexual crimes division and took this SRO job because he had seen enough evil for a lifetime. He said that to our staff with tears in his eyes. Anyways, you couldn't meet a better guy. A real one. Kids flocked to him and he did his damndest to build a culture of respect and love in our building. Not an easy job. Not something the average person would be willing to do. That's the kind of person that holds America together.

That's what Blue Lives Matter is about to me. Someone has to stand up for that. I just wish it wasn't Donald Trump.
                    Look at what politicians do, and not say. He may say all the right things for LEO's, but he made labor relations worse during his tenure for those of us who are union and have done nothing on the federal level to help non union LEO's. I'll even play your tax law game and how it reduced taxes. My taxes and everyone (mostly other LEO's) I know had a our taxes raised because we made too much and lived in blue states. By fanning these fires, do you think he has made our job easier? In my opinion, let me tell you, he hasn't.

Spare me with the doom and gloom over free speech and First Amendment stuff because social media finally shut him down. Yes, the government will not infringe on most reasonable uses of free speech. Even hate and misinformation speech. But free speech is not absolute (yell fire in a movie theater or report a false crime). Nor is free speech free of consequences. Private business can restrict your speech. And if you are spreading violent rhetoric, misinformation, and other things that are just downright dangerous, that private medium is within their rights a business to not allow to further those violent agendas on their sites. Didn't Reddit shut down 4Chan?

Comment

• Apparently people don't learn. With all the issues Seattle Police have they apparently had several officers at the riots that are now on leave. And now several firefighters were identified from other departments. Maybe they can get jobs as rocket scientists.
                      Last edited by retired137; 01-09-2021, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• I will say that I may not agree with some of the stuff being said here. I am very happy about the passion everyone has for their points.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3529 users online. 169 members and 3360 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X