300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    How about we wait for the full investigation to come out, instead of jumping to conclusions like EVERYONE else does and we bitc about..?
    This is the very definition of the pot calling the kettle black.

Comment

• Originally posted by Georgetime View Post

Brianna Taylor was accidentally shot while standing next to her drug dealer boyfriend, in a dark apartment, while he was actively firing at police officers serving a warrant. She wasn't the intentional target of the shooting. Mrs. Babbitt was intentionally shot in broad daylight, in a lighted hallway, while clearly unarmed and not presenting any discernible threat of death or serious bodily injury. The two situations are not even remotely comparable and are, in fact, about as diametrically opposed as you can get.
      Where did you learn that her current boyfriend was a drug dealer? Everything I read about that incident stated that he was a legal gun owner the night in question. Not a drug dealer. Also, if you read everything about that shooting it screams Louisville Metro trying to cover up a bad shooting.
      Last edited by scotty_appleton814; 01-08-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Since we have a few people here defending the "protests" at the Capitol, could one of you maybe explain to the rest of us why some of the "protesters" were carrying guns and zip-cuffs? In context of the plot in Michigan recently, I can only think of one explanation.

​​​​​​Serious question: do details like that maybe put the shooting of someone who breached a secure area in a different light? If officers on the ground had reason to suspect they were protecting legislators from an attempted kidnap/kill scenario?

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
          scotty_appleton814 commented
          Editing a comment
          You mean the seditious treasonous terrorist insurrection that happened at the Capitol?

• DM206
          DM206 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well calm down there buddy. If these were terrorists we would see evidence of firearms, explosives, maybe incendiary devices, maybe specific targeting of political figures ("Where's Mike Pence?"), physical assaults and deaths, symbolic attacks on democratic institutions...

So, basically, yeah.

• I'm loading mags...
        Last edited by Aidokea; 01-08-2021, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
          I'm loading mags...
          Already loaded over here

Comment

• The support for Trump himself is greatly exaggerated IMO. First off, we only have around 60% of people that can even bring themselves to actually vote. Remember that the silent majority in the country doesn't really follow the day to day workings of our government. Of the 50-60% of the voting population, you about an even split between parties (slight raw vote total advantage to Dems historically).

So, that means about 20% of the American population voted for Trump. Of that 20% you have at least 5% that openly dislike him. My Mom's side of the family is from Iowa and they are all conservative. Anecdotally, I'd say a quarter of them openly talk very negatively about Trump.

The average American looks at what happened Wednesday and thinks its sheer lunacy just like the average American thinks BLM riots are counterproductive. I think people get far too worked up about any of this to be honest. If anything, the biggest issue going forward is for the Conservative party itself. Will they allow the Qanon types who have seemingly asserted great power within the movement define their agenda, and will they devour the Romneys and Bushes of the world who were recently president and presidential candidates? If they cannot reconcile, then they will continue to cede power to a more liberal/centrist agenda which is what just happened on Tuesday.

If you say an election is rigged, then you'll need to deal with the repercussions, which is that a percentage of your voting base will simply not vote. That's a utter disaster for Conservative politics and could relegate them to a permanent minority (at least in the short term).

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

That officer responded to the resistance and threat she posed.
              Which was what, precisely? Make an argument, ANY conceivable argument that would justify her shooting.

Now during the course of that joint investigation all the relevant facts and circumstances will come out. MOST of those facts we do not know yet.
              My question is simply this: What possible explanation or information could exist that would justify it? We all saw she was unarmed and not assaulting anyone. Who's life was in imminent jeopardy? Who was in imminent danger of bodily harm? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
              Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                Editing a comment
                I'm saying. Let the investigation play out.

• Lindsey Graham at airport, encounters a huge fan

https://twitter.com/iheartmindy/stat...16155394043904
              If it is all beautiful you can’t believe it. Things aren’t that way.

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by DM206 View Post
                Since we have a few people here defending the "protests" at the Capitol, could one of you maybe explain to the rest of us why some of the "protesters" were carrying guns and zip-cuffs? In context of the plot in Michigan recently, I can only think of one explanation.

​​​​​​Serious question: do details like that maybe put the shooting of someone who breached a secure area in a different light? If officers on the ground had reason to suspect they were protecting legislators from an attempted kidnap/kill scenario?
                You mean like blm, antifa, et al? They all got let go, so why not these people..?
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• DM206
                  DM206 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You seem to be under the false impression that I would support or ever have supported this type of behavior by people on the other side. When a liberal protester sets a cop car on fire, that person needs to be arrested and prosecuted. That behavior is intolerable. You are the one demonstrating a clear political bias here.

Maybe try again. What purpose do guns and zip-ties serve in a peaceful protest? Or pipe bombs and molotov cocktails? Or are you only capable of deflection and whataboutism?

• DM206
                  DM206 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No answer? Easier to just lob ad hominems, straw men, and red herrings I guess.

• Originally posted by Georgetime View Post

Brianna Taylor was accidentally shot while standing next to her drug dealer boyfriend, in a dark apartment, while he was actively firing at police officers serving a warrant. She wasn't the intentional target of the shooting. Mrs. Babbitt was intentionally shot in broad daylight, in a lighted hallway, while clearly unarmed and not presenting any discernible threat of death or serious bodily injury. The two situations are not even remotely comparable and are, in fact, about as diametrically opposed as you can get.
                Lets compare apples to apples to apples. Who is responsible for Philando Castiles death? Was he responsible for his death or as you say, it was a bad shoot.

Comment

• retired137
                  retired137 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No response?

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

You mean like blm, antifa, et al? They all got let go, so why not these people..?
                You may not want to hear this. Even better I know for a fact that you don't. But the BLM movement is asking that black people be treated equally by the law. Along with a whole host of other equality- furthering principles. Their protests have been largely nonviolent and when violent, the aggression was started by counterprotesters and dare I say police or other bad actors. Yes have some folks associated with BLM been arrested, of course. But by and large they are nonviolent in protest. Until the NFAC (not BLM) showed up armed had most left wing protests been largely firearm free. Whereas tons of the right wing protesters and events did you have folks being armed. I believe the Michigan state house come to mind. Both of these protesters right and left have done some pretty stupid stuff in the name of their cause. But there is a huge difference in the police and government response to left and right wing violent protests. A lot of you should stop trying to minimize what these folks did at the Capitol. Looting a damn Walmart does not compare with staging a coup at the seat of American Government.

Comment

• Originally posted by retired137 View Post

Lets compare apples to apples to apples. Who is responsible for Philando Castiles death? Was he responsible for his death or as you say, it was a bad shoot.
                  Wasn't Philando shot after he informed the officer that he was a concealed carry license holder, that he was armed and told the officer where his license and firearm were. And the officer told him to go get his license and shot him right afterwards? You mean the guy shot for doing exactly what the officer told him too. I guess there was opportunity, threat, and what was the other part of the triangle George use? That officer was found not guilty at trial.

Comment

• 9L81
                    9L81 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It all happens in the first 1:18 of the video. Since you obviously don't remember what happened why don't you watch it. I'm sure you can spare 80 seconds of your life.

https://youtu.be/PMKcWz5nNoM

• scotty_appleton814
                    Editing a comment
                    I stand corrected. I remembered incorrectly thanks. I'll even leave my post up unlike others who have deleted it. However Philando did everything right, everything he was supposed to do. He was very respectful, very polite, letting the officer know what he was doing. None of that made a difference that day. He was tried and acquitted. I will however say that I think (my own opinion) Officer Yanez that day more than likely panicked and quickly lost control of himself. Was this the case where the officer thought this was a robbery suspect but had no corroborating evidence of that?

• 9L81
                    9L81 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had written a very long reply but it was tiring for me to read so I am going keep it short.

Having only the video to go on myself I don't like it. I think people should say what they mean and mean what they say. In that video there are good examples of that not happening with deadly consequences.

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

You may not want to hear this. Even better I know for a fact that you don't. But the BLM movement is asking that black people be treated equally by the law. Along with a whole host of other equality- furthering principles. Their protests have been largely nonviolent and when violent, the aggression was started by counterprotesters and dare I say police or other bad actors. Yes have some folks associated with BLM been arrested, of course. But by and large they are nonviolent in protest. Until the NFAC (not BLM) showed up armed had most left wing protests been largely firearm free. Whereas tons of the right wing protesters and events did you have folks being armed. I believe the Michigan state house come to mind. Both of these protesters right and left have done some pretty stupid stuff in the name of their cause. But there is a huge difference in the police and government response to left and right wing violent protests. A lot of you should stop trying to minimize what these folks did at the Capitol. Looting a damn Walmart does not compare with staging a coup at the seat of American Government.
                  You still babbling BS?

Grow up kid. You’re trying to play in the Big Boy Rules sandbox. Whining brats like you aren’t listened to.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Video of minutes leading up to Ashli Babbitt being shot.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyAkzam/stat...549541893?s=20

Comment

• BNWS
                      BNWS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm not going to second guess those 3 cops in front of the door.
                      I have been in a similar situation surrounded by an angry mob on more than one occasion, some armed with sticks and bottles.

In each of those situations I felt my life was in danger and drew my weapon. The display of the gun did not disperse them. Some people would get ballsy and step towards me. At that time I would train the weapon on that person. Each time I was very aware of how my actions would look to a Brooklyn jury if I fired. Each time I held fire and was rescued by the cavalry. I see the fear in those officers eyes and know the feeling. If one of those guys fired their weapon I would understand. The fear doesn't convey well on video or in a court room but I understand, I've been there.
                      Last edited by BNWS; 01-08-2021, 06:45 PM.

• Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post
                    Video of minutes leading up to Ashli Babbitt being shot.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyAkzam/stat...549541893?s=20
                    If someone yells there's a gun and I'm forcing entry through a barricaded door, the reptilian area of my brain is going to tell me this may not be a good idea. I may lose this one, I will live to fight another day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3725 users online. 219 members and 3506 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X