Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pence and the cabinet invoke the 25th Amendment, as currently being discussed, how would MAGA nation respond?
    At this point, I don't think that will happen. If it did, IDK. I think you may have some factionalized incidents of terror which seems likely to happen regardless.

The only way I see things going way downhill is if democrats try to utilize state and federal power to enact something like gun confiscation or strict covid protocols. That would be really stupid IMO. They should do something to get people heath care, support the small businesses that have been devastated, and work towards energy independence. Enact policies that help working class Americans because those are the people that actually make this country great.

Comment

• Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post

No, the only reason this happened is because there was a criminal failure of security for a entirely predictable situation and heads will roll when an investigation is complete. Once the national guard was fully mobilized they had **** cleared out in a couple hours. Remember what it looked like at the capitol last year when BLM was in town.

capitol.jpg
      Well to be fair, BLM was tearing down statues, setting fires and destroying cop cars... All of DC was up in flames at that point... there still is no actual realistic comparison between what BLM/Pantifa has done on a nationwide scale for months on end and what happened yesterday. There would literally have to be exponentially more dead, fires, destroyed police cars, pulled down statues. That didn't happen. Yesterday truly was a "mostly peaceful protest", in contrast with what the media normally uses that label for. Only a mouth-breathing partisan could conflate the two.
      Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
        scotty_appleton814 commented
        Editing a comment
        There was truly not a peaceful thing about it.

The only way I see things going way downhill is if democrats try to utilize state and federal power to enact something like gun confiscation or strict covid protocols.
      Expect that to happen. It's already happening with the COVID protocols.

That would be really stupid IMO.
      Yes, it would. But that won't stop them.

They should do something to get people heath care, support the small businesses that have been devastated.
      For the record, they are the ones who devastated small businesses. Not Trump. Not COVID. They did that with draconian lockdowns and edicts that they themselves did not obey. What happened yesterday had multiple causal factors, including this:
      hair salon.jpeg
      Last edited by Georgetime; 01-07-2021, 03:30 PM.
      Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

• Originally posted by Georgetime View Post

Well to be fair, BLM was tearing down statues, setting fires and destroying cop cars... All of DC was up in flames at that point... there still is no actual realistic comparison between what BLM/Pantifa has done on a nationwide scale for months on end and what happened yesterday. There would literally have to be exponentially more dead, fires, destroyed police cars, pulled down statues. That didn't happen. Yesterday truly was a "mostly peaceful protest", in contrast with what the media normally uses that label for. Only a mouth-breathing partisan could conflate the two.
        Yes, I would grant that comparisons of the destruction caused by the two groups should not be conflated. My point was that if they wanted to secure the capital they could have done so easily. I will say that what happened was very bad though. People actually went into the offices of representatives and they stopped the certification process of our election (even if only for a short time). Roman society collapsed in part because factionalized groups destroyed their free elections end inserted a dictator - Augustus. If we can't protect our constitutional process from something like this, then we won't have a country anymore.

Comment

Yes, I would grant that comparisons of the destruction caused by the two groups should not be conflated. My point was that if they wanted to secure the capital they could have done so easily.
          So why didn't they want to?

I will say that what happened was very bad though.
          I agree with you here.

People actually went into the offices of representatives and they stopped the certification process of our election (even if only for a short time). Roman society collapsed in part because factionalized groups destroyed their free elections end inserted a dictator - Augustus. If we can't protect our constitutional process from something like this, then we won't have a country anymore.
          That includes protecting the legitimacy of votes, as well, and I agree.

Comment

• For the record, they are the ones who devastated small businesses. Not Trump. Not COVID. They did that with draconian lockdowns and edicts that they themselves did not obey.
            Republican and democrat governors alike enacted covid protocols, but yes it was more democrats. I think that if you shut down business and you don't offer relief in the form of direct $$, then that is contemptible. I should not be receiving any stimulus money. I haven't lost my job. The way the first small business rollout happened was criminal. I don't know why they can't do some basic means testing for this stimulus handout. My money will be going to my brother in laws pizza business.

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              "We're going to shut down your businesses, not provide adequate relief, heavily fine you if you work/violate state orders. BTW covid-19 has resulted in less tax revenue, so now we're going to raise taxes when you all have no income in order to fund services" <===== Gist of some of the lockdown orders in some of these states.

Also "Here's a bill entitled Covid relief bill that is approx 5000 pages that no one has even looked at which has millions to billions of dollars going to other countries, while very little goes to assisting small businesses, rent forgiveness. BUT WAIT THERES MORE, a whopping 600 dollar 1 time stimulus check after the people of the country have suffered for a year with this pandemic".

If you all on this forum as well as elected officials can't figure out why someone like Donald Trump got elected 4 years ago, the country is doomed. And for the record I didn't vote for him, nor agreed with many of the things that occurred over the past 4 years from his administration.
              Last edited by Levithane; 01-07-2021, 09:18 PM.

• Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
            RE: the shooting. I'd be surprised if any charges were ever filed.

Why? Because, when you peel back the layers from the onion that is the G, at the very core is one thing: a tiny lizard brain that will protect itself no matter what for the sole purpose of existing another day. So given this was an angry mob with unknown or nefarious intentions that breeched the outside perimeter, inside checkpoints, and was getting closer to the nerve center of elected representatives hiding in safe rooms, I simply don't foresee prosecutorial action.

RE: Civil War 2.0. Y'all have any predictions where things go from here? I'm always interested in staying a step ahead of things, so if now is the time to board up windows and initiate Def Con 1 protocols, please share.
            This

Comment

• Can you imagine what the reaction would be if the shooting circumstances were flipped? If it had been an AntiFirstAmendment member that got off his mom's sofa to go torch an occupied police station and got shot for it?

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                Editing a comment
                My reaction would be the same as my reaction was yesterday

• So why didn't they want to?
              Well it sounds like Gov Hogan was asking for authorization for 90 minutes for national guard deployment and he wasn't getting it from federal level? You tell me.

And why was there no security force in place? IDK Some are saying that fell on the mayor. Someone is gonna have egg on their face.

Looks like the police union just asked for the resignation of the chief.
              Last edited by iconoclaste; 01-07-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Now might be a good moment to think about preparedness if a SHTF situation does become reality.

Reality as in... low intensity warfare among groups fighting over politics or territory... isolated but impactful attacks on infrastructure.... food and fuel shortages due to supply chain interruptions... failure of government at all levels to respond or provide community security.... emergence of criminal gangs to exploit the fracturing of society. You know, basic life right now in Syria, Sudan, Mali, and a dozen other African and Asian countries dealing with on-going civil conflict.

Preppers spend a ton of energy and money on prepping, and to a certain degree, if you haven't started by now, you're a day late and a dollar short (see ammunition, all calibers). But since time waits for no man, I have some economical ideas for consideration.

The way I see it, if things really get out of hand, my first goal will be to gather my neighbors for the creation of Mutual Assistance Squads, aka neighborhood security teams. Comms will be a necessary so I've been buying Baofeng UV-5R radios on Amazon for $25 (my preference is the UV-9R because its waterproof and a bit sturdier, but at double the cost). I have enough to equip a team of six, and while technically a ham license is required, I think the last of our worries will be the FCC if all hell breaks lose. Also, since these cheap Chinese radios have been banned for import, what's in stock is all that's available.

Amazon.com: BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two Way Radio (Black)

Another relatively cheap find are the British flak jackets w/ panels at Sportsmans Guide for $90. A few months ago they had used Italian IIIA kevlar panels for $30 (front and back), but not anymore. Anyways, using some old carriers I had, I was able to put together three full kits for $90.

British Military Surplus DPM Ballistic Flak Vest with Plates, Used - 717859, Military Field Gear at Sportsman's Guide

Dollar General is a treasure trove of prepper goodness. Cans of spaghettios and beef stew for a dollar, tarps, duct tape, rope, zip ties, first aid supplies, and batteries. Amazing what $100 can furnish in emergency supplies at one of those places.

A growing concern is hyperinflation, especially in time of crisis. Recently, our national debt eclipsed our GDP, which means our country now owes more than it annually produces in goods and services. The G keeps printing more money and going into more debt, but at some point, the piper will have to be paid. Silver and gold is a great option, but also at peak value. There are other alternatives, like those little liquor bottles that cost $1.59 at party stores. I've probably got enough to fully stock the mini-bars on Tiger Woods' yacht. If they're never used for currency, well then, cheers!

There's no shortage of prepper channels on YouTube and often they come up with interesting ideas. One guy built bulletproof panels costing $10 in components from Dollar General using cooking trays, books, small decorative rocks, and duct tape. He then field tested the panels at a gun range and they stopped everything including 5.56mm, at least for a few rounds. They're too heavy to wear but could definitely harden up car doors or house walls.

God forbid the day comes where any of this becomes necessary but it sure seems like that day is looming on the dark and misty horizon....
                Last edited by Ratatatat; 01-07-2021, 05:13 PM.
                If it is all beautiful you can’t believe it. Things aren’t that way.

-Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                  Can you imagine what the reaction would be if the shooting circumstances were flipped? If it had been an AntiFirstAmendment member that got off his mom's sofa to go torch an occupied police station and got shot for it?
                  Are you stating it was a bad shoot?
                  Last edited by retired137; 01-07-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Georgetime View Post

That analogy is so absolutely off-base, preposterous and not at ALL analogous to what is going on here. There is literally a ton of evidence and none of it has been addressed by Congress. Don't take my word for it, here is a staggering 1400 pages of evidence:

https://got-freedom.org/wp-content/u...68-pages-1.pdf

Now, you may not LIKE the evidence, you may want to IGNORE the evidence, you might even be able to find some issues with the evidence, but that is no way close to having NO evidence. Again, you can come up with all the half-baked, not-really-applicable analogies you want, but roughly half the country (actually slightly more) believes there is a problem. That's not going to go away because the same people who lied to us about Trump and "Russian Collusion" are telling us to trust them. Only a complete fool would think that would be enough.

Seems I've heard those words from someone and they also stated only I can fix this. I truly believe this is where we are:

These days, democracies tend to collapse from piecemeal backsliding that falls short of the technical definition of a coup but is often ultimately more damaging. A clear pattern has played out in countries around the world, including Turkey, Russia, Hungary and Venezuela, in which leaders come to office through elections but then undermine norms, gut institutions and change laws to dismantle any restraints on their power. Eventually, their countries become dictatorships in all but name.

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                      Glad to see it's such a wide ranging group of opinions regarding yesterday's treasonous terrorist attacks on the seat of American government. I don't care if they were Right wing or Left wing. Antifa or Qboys. They committed atrocities and deserve to have the full force of justice brought down on them. If the cop who shot that lady was ruled to have a bad shoot, then he should be charged accordingly. If not, then let him go on with life.
                      “Atrocities”? Do you even KNOW what that means? Do you shill for CNN? Keep posting this crap. I’ll make sure the Defense attorneys read all your crap when you try and testify to the truth of any investigation you do.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• DM206
                        DM206 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        BNWS... I assume that those responsible were charged with trespassing, or maybe curfew violations?

There was a federal agent killed during a BLM protest in Oakland. Of course, the perpetrator was a right wing extremist (member of the boogaloo movement).

I'm not excusing violence by either side, or suggesting that there were no issues at protests over the summer. But I am trying to emphasize that this incident should not be downplayed or brushed off as mere trespassing or vandalism. It's not histrionic to take it seriously or suggest that serious crimes were committed. They were. And if that creates some kind of cognitive dissonance for anyone because of their own biases, that really doesn't change the facts here. It's disappointing that this is even up for debate among anyone associated with law enforcement at any level.

To clarify, that last statement is not directed at you, BNSW.
                        Last edited by DM206; 01-07-2021, 08:46 PM.

• CCCSD
                        CCCSD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Learn what the definition of Atrocity is. This ain’t it. 6 million Jews would beg to differ. Millions of Armenians would also tell you you are a fool.

A cop getting killed sucks. It’s NOT an atrocity. Grow the F up.

Jesus! How effing stupid are you? You are exactly like the liberals who cry about a cop putting a suspect in handcuffs being savagely aggressive.

You must cry a lot at work when people are mean to you.

Are you even a cop?

• DM206
                        DM206 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pretty sure I conceded that atrocity was hyperbole. You can read that above. But go ahead and show us more of that good courtroom behavior while you demean others.

I made my point pretty clear. Downplaying this incident is foolish and frankly disrespectful. That's it. That's my point. You have trouble understanding that, well that's on you.

• scotty_appleton814
                        Editing a comment
                        DM,

I live rent free in CCCSD's mind

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

“Atrocities”? Do you even KNOW what that means? Do you shill for CNN? Keep posting this crap. I’ll make sure the Defense attorneys read all your crap when you try and testify to the truth of any investigation you do.
                      Ain't that the same as "trespass". Possible LODD or stroke on life support due to in your words, a "trespass". Dumb and dumber.
                      Last edited by retired137; 01-07-2021, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• I saw a report that the officer died. but am now seeing that the report is not accurate. Prayers for the officer

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/us-cap...fter-dc-riots/
                        Last edited by BNWS; 01-07-2021, 09:37 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6479 users online. 376 members and 6103 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X