Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oregon "legalizes" meth, heroin, LSD, cocaine, MDMA, psychedelic mushrooms, and oxys.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon "legalizes" meth, heroin, LSD, cocaine, MDMA, psychedelic mushrooms, and oxys.

Time to get out...

Or move here:

https://homeslandcountrypropertyfors...vord-for-sale/
    What does not kill you will likely try again.

Comment

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      That may not be in Portland, but it's still in Oregon.

We just bought a ranch in Texas, and are planning to move there in a few weeks...

While not 'legal' under the letter of the law in CA; in many areas of the state it might as well be as possession cases arent getting filed; those that do get filed see minimum consequences if you are actually convicted
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Max penalty for what's being deemed "personal use" amounts is a $100 fine...that's less than a speeding ticket in most areas.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I'd hate to be a property crimes detective anywhere in Oregon, they are going to be quite busy now that their repeat offenders who are stealing to support their drug habit won't be in jail for a while when they get caught with their drug of choice. This will have horrendous effects on the good citizens of Oregon. Oh well.
        Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

Property crimes aren’t a priority. Minor crime if it’s investigated at all.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• BNWS
            BNWS commented
            Editing a comment
            In NYC "patrol" is put in the referral box for these crimes. It goes nowhere.

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Property crime has been almost decriminalized in Seattle now. The fraud / property crime unit was already understaffed, but recently went from 4 detectives to 1.

"Hey this amount is legalized now, therefore we don't have to spend AS much money on enforcement and treatment". You guys are forgetting the business/budget aspect of this. I know I sound like a terrible person when I say that.

Comment

Maybe a large number of the CA homeless will head up that way. I assume that's why Zuckerberg gave so much money to the campaign.

Comment

Going to ask the city to budget money for one way bus tickets to Oregon. Maybe we can relocate our drug offenders to Oregon.

Instead of sentencing a fine, jail / prison term and or probation for drug related offenses, maybe hold them in abatement or as a pretrial diversion if they move to Oregon and stay there.

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, a lot of people are thinking that. Too bad Oregon voters did not consider it.

It’s been done...to death. That’s a NOGO per the courts.

Comment

I have no real problem with this.

Legalize it, give it away for free. In a year or so the problem will have solved itself.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                  I have no real problem with this.

Legalize it, give it away for free. In a year or so the problem will have solved itself.
                  I think we both know better than that. Maybe it would be true if natural selection was permitted to run its course, but we live in a consequence-free society now. People will be permitted to partake in their various substances, but someone else (likely the police) will be tasked with cleaning up the associated mess that it makes. It's no different from the height of the opioid epidemic when they decided that the best choice of action was to give us Narcan and pass laws that give people a pass when they overdose as long as they "seek treatment."
                  "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
                    I think we both know better than that."
                    Nah. People don’t call us now when their friends get alcohol poisoning at a frat party.

It will take longer now than it would have in 1985, but it would happen.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol. We did three years in a remote area primarily occupied with immigrants from a third-world country.

One night, grandma stopped breathing. So instead of calling 9-1-1, they threw her in the back of a pickup truck, and drove all over town looking for the on-duty police officer. When they couldn't find him, they drove to the "hospital", which was staffed by one night nurse. The nurse then called 9-1-1. Dispatch woke up the two paramedics, who got out of bed, got dressed, and responded to the hospital. Dispatch then assigned the on-duty officer to respond to the doctor's residence, to wake him up. Grandma didn't make it...
                      Last edited by Aidokea; 11-08-2020, 11:31 PM.

It's a matter of time for other states to pass the same law. Remember Oregon passed recreation marijuana 1st then it's snow balled from there. Lets see what happens. Sadly LA will follow, just like the poop app for San Francisco, LA will have its own thanks to our new DA. I say give it 5years for other states to follow
                    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Honestly, from our ranch in rural Texas, I really won't care what the People's Republic of Kalifornia does...

Yeah....enjoy that new DA. Start calling each other Comrade and quoting from Maos Little Red Book when you testify.

Can’t wait till the Sheriff and him get into it.

You ARE ****ed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3907 users online. 274 members and 3633 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X