300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, One Side Gets Silenced While the Other Gets Praised

NYPD suspended a pro Trump officer for professing his support for the President while on duty and in uniform. But the NYPD Chief kneels with BLM and was praised for it. No reprimand for him for weighing into politics while on duty and in uniform. The Chief must be on the free side of free speech (left side).

Now, I'm an advocate of keeping politics to yourself when working a public job such as policing, but what should be good for the goose should also be good for the gander!

Article linked below:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypds-sus...2020-cop-union

Originally posted by SOCAleo View Post
    NYPD suspended a pro Trump officer for professing his support for the President while on duty and in uniform. But the NYPD Chief kneels with BLM and was praised for it. No reprimand for him for weighing into politics while on duty and in uniform. The Chief must be on the free side of free speech (left side).

Now, I'm an advocate of keeping politics to yourself when working a public job such as policing, but what should be good for the goose should also be good for the gander!

Article linked below:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypds-sus...2020-cop-union
    As should be abundantly clear, what is good for the goose will never be acceptable for the gander.

Every law enforcement agency in the United States functions under the direct control of appointed and elected public officials. There is no way of entirely separating day to day political influences from law enforcement operations. The top tier of officials (chiefs, sheriffs, directors, etc) are all political animals to one degree or another, otherwise they would not occupy the offices they hold.

Meanwhile, the patrolman, the first line supervisor, the detectives, and the other grunts must maintain the appearance of complete non-partisanship at all times, OR ELSE.

Reality is not pretty, but it remains reality. Deal with reality or spend your energy on wishful thinking.

Best regards.

Comment

Lets see how this works out under the new disciplinary matrix. Lots of "Grunts" kneeled not just the chief. How many were disciplined?
      Lots of video of that kneeling.

Comment

The kneeling along protesters was done to defuse a potentially volatile situation.

What is this officer's justification for his conduct?

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
          The kneeling along protesters was done to defuse a potentially volatile situation.

What is this officer's justification for his conduct?
          ...he was following his boss’ example.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

...he was following his boss’ example.
            How so?

Comment

He's wrong, just like the kneelers. Impartiality. That's the rule. I don't pick a side because they threaten violence.
              Last edited by BNWS; 10-26-2020, 10:58 PM.

Comment

While the kneeling brings into question political impartiality, the endorsement of a partisan political candidate on duty is a different issue. In my state, not only is is against policy to endorse a partisan political candidate on duty, it's against state law (I don't know if the same applies in NY).
                "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What if he was simply supporting the President Of The United States, and not campaigning for a political candidate?

• Bing_Oh
                  Bing_Oh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There are protected activities under my state laws, including certain expressions of support for a partisan candidate off duty. Involving yourself in partisan politics during the course of your employment when you're a government employee would still be against policy and not specifically protected under state law. As with everything in this job, were supposed to remain as neutral as possible...laws like these were put into place because, at one time, the police were used by political powers (sometimes violently) to "encourage" or suppress voters.

BLM is not a person or a political party. It really is a no-brainer. The officer was wrong, and he has to pay the piper.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                  scotty_appleton814 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Does the Republican party have a militant arm? And no. Current KKK members are more than likely not members of the Democratic party.

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Scotty, your lack of knowledge is appalling- the very reason that the Republican party even exists, is to combat the racism of the Democrat party- the Republican party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party, to combat the racism of the pro-slavery Democrat party.

The Republican party continues to stand against the KKK.

The Democrat party- not so much. In the most recent presidential election, the Democrat candidate (Hitlary) had been recently recorded on video as referring to KKK Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd as her "friend and mentor".

Byrd was also a Democrat politician. He never lost an election, in over 60 years. He'd probably still be being voted back into office today, except that he died in office of old age, at 92.

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  KKK Grand Dragon Will Quigg also endorsed Hitlary in the most recent presidential election...

• scotty_appleton814
                  scotty_appleton814 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok Aidokea, keep pushing your narrative that the Republican Party of 1854 is the same ideologically as the party of 2020. Same for the Democratic Party of 1854 and party of 2020. I'm willing to concede that the LIBERAL Republican Party was the dynamics in 1854. But it's so not that way now.

If my lack of knowledge is appaling, then so is your abundance of ignorance. You may as well stop trying to engage me in conversation. We don't agree and you're going to go off the deep end. I was responding to this comment, that appears to have been edited after I commented.

So it's not okay to affirm the right, but it's okay to kneel to the left out of fear of being physically attacked?

Eff that noise...

Comment

Apples to oranges. It's not a left vs right issue no matter how hard you try to make it one.

If a cop blares "Biden 2020" from his patrol vehicle while on duty, and he's not subsequently disciplined, THEN feel free to be outraged about a double standard. Until then, quit the whining.

When did conservatives turn into such delicate snowflakes who are offended by everything and constantly feel like they're being unfairly treated and persecuted?

Oh yeah. About four years ago when they elected a whiney little cry baby into office who does nothing but tweet about how "mean" and "terrible" and "nasty" everyone is to him.

I've voted Republican most of my life. At this point, I'd be embarrassed to be affiliated with either party.

Comment

Some leaders must be subhuman to kneel for a criminal

Comment

How so?
                      He was expressing a political opinion on duty. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

When did conservatives turn into such delicate snowflakes who are offended by everything and constantly feel like they're being unfairly treated and persecuted?
                      There is a war on police officers. One side supports it, one doesn't.

While it may take two to fight, it only takes one side to wage war. Right now only one side is, and eventually that side will win.
                      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by retired1995 View Post

As should be abundantly clear, what is good for the goose will never be acceptable for the gander.

Every law enforcement agency in the United States functions under the direct control of appointed and elected public officials. There is no way of entirely separating day to day political influences from law enforcement operations. The top tier of officials (chiefs, sheriffs, directors, etc) are all political animals to one degree or another, otherwise they would not occupy the offices they hold.

Meanwhile, the patrolman, the first line supervisor, the detectives, and the other grunts must maintain the appearance of complete non-partisanship at all times, OR ELSE.

Reality is not pretty, but it remains reality. Deal with reality or spend your energy on wishful thinking.

Best regards.
                        Hhhhmmmm....I can see an elected county sheriff maybe, but a chief of police is kinda a different animal. Yea they are appointed mostly by politicians, but by in large are not politicians and would be frowned upon if and when they put out a political statement, barring a liberal one of course.

Anyone who says BLM is not a political animal is totally ignorant or purposely obfuscating the blatant fact. Read the BLM's manifesto on their official website.

https://blmmanifesto.com/

If you don't want to read it, I'll highlight just a few of the disturbing bullet points:

>THE ABOLITION OF THE LEGISLATIVE AND JUDICIAL BRANCHES OF THE US GOVERNMENT. There goes our elected representatives/democracy.

>THE CREATION OF A NATIONAL ASSEMBLY FOR A DURATION OF 3 YEARS. ITS PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY WILL BE TO FORM A NEW CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES. There goes our American constitution, or all of your constitutional rights.

>THE NATIONALIZATION OF ALL THE WEAPONS, BULLET, AND EXPLOSIVES MANUFACTURERS. There goes your second amendment rights.

>THE SEIZURE OF ALL THE POSSESSIONS OF THE RELIGIOUS CONGREGATIONS AND THE ABOLITION OF ALL THE RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN USED TO OPPRESS, ENSLAVE, AND COLONIZE PEOPLE OF COLOR That is called the seizure of private property rights.

If that above does not convince you, then here is an admission of the co-founder of BLM admitting to being a trained Marxist:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co...ained-marxist/

Now read the actual Karl Marx penned Communist Manifesto, you will see all of the parallels with the BLM manifesto and Karl Marx.

https://www.beliefnet.com/columnists...s...%20More%20

Anyway, look at what has occurred just because the chief decided to get political. By the way, it wasn't just the chief, other line officers and some line FBI agents touted their support for BLM and kneeled too. Did they receive discipline?

This is why all in uniform and on duty should keep their political beliefs to themselves because it only opens up a can of worms.

Comment

Apples to oranges. It's not a left vs right issue no matter how hard you try to make it one.

If a cop blares "Biden 2020" from his patrol vehicle while on duty, and he's not subsequently disciplined, THEN feel free to be outraged about a double standard. Until then, quit the whining.

Oh yeah. About four years ago when they elected a whiney little cry baby into office who does nothing but tweet about how "mean" and "terrible" and "nasty" everyone is to him.

I've voted Republican most of my life. At this point, I'd be embarrassed to be affiliated with either party.
                          Well BLM is a leftwing political animal and the chief, along with other line officers endorsed it. Yea it wasn't a presidential candidate, but it is a political endorsement.

Conservatives aren't being snowflakes, they are getting tired of the one sidedness.

Here's an apples to apples example: A police major in Louisville KY was relieved of her duty for her criticism of BLM, she did not kneel nor placate to them but criticized the organization and got relieved.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...olleagues.html

I agree with you on being affiliated with either party, but remember when it comes time to vote, vote for the lesser of two evils. There is never a perfect party or candidate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3347 users online. 262 members and 3085 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X