300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPD officer charged with DWI after crash

A Houston police officer is facing DWI charges after police say he caused a three-car crash Thursday night.

The accident occurred Thursday night in the 10100 block of Louetta.

Officer Harold Clayton, Jr., suffered a broken wrist and was taken to LBJ Hospital in northeast Houston for treatment.

“Well what we think happened is we had vehicles stopped at an intersection at a red light, and it appears that the officer came up from behind and struck the first vehicle which caused a chain reaction, causing other vehicles to strike each other. So whether you’re an officer or you work for the fire department or you’re a citizen – it doesn’t make any difference – if you are under the influence, you’re under the influence,” Precinct Four Constable Tim Cannon said.

Officer Harold Clayton, Jr.
    Police said Officer Clayton refused a breathalyzer test at the scene of the crash and that he was showing signs of impairment at the time.

Officer Clayton was off-duty and driving his personal vehicle when he allegedly caused the multi-car collision.

He is charged with a single count of Driving While Intoxicated.

The HPD said Clayton's status with the department was unchanged Friday.

Internal affairs was conducting an investigation of the incident.
    **funny enough I posted a question about something like this not long ago, and BOOM..... your thoughts....
    http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori...i.5026ace.html
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Should be terminated and be treated like anyone else would if charged with DWI.

Comment

Sorry, but he's gotta move on - no more police work in his future.

Too bad.
      The All New
      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Unfortunate, but we all are human and I don't know!! The bright side is at least he was "off dutry"! The down side he was placed under arrest just like ordinary citizen John whomever would have been. DWI is serious and mix it driving a vehicle and you almost always have trouble in the making. I really hate to hear of these things that we as citizens want to think that LEO s are above the law. But know everybody has to go the same route when faced with this sort of thing. Oh, well life goes on...

Comment

I really hate to hear of these things that we as citizens want to think that LEO s are above the law. But know everybody has to go the same route when faced with this sort of thing. Oh, well life goes on...
          I understand what you're saying, but trying living in the inner city, like NYC, where this is the case. It is unfortunate, but it is true. This is not to say the good LEOs who are honest and at the same level as those that think they've above the law, but unfortunately, as it has been mentioned many times here, a few bad apples ruins it for everybody in the PD.

Comment

He won't lose his job. He'll probably take a suspension at most. There are plenty of great officers that have made a mistake in their present and past. Just so happens he just made his but the PD won't fire him, gearrrroooonteeeed.
            Nemo me impune lacessit.

Comment

He won't lose his job. He'll probably take a suspension at most. There are plenty of great officers that have made a mistake in their present and past. Just so happens he just made his but the PD won't fire him, gearrrroooonteeeed.
              They'll have no choice if he's convicted - in TX, DWI is a Class B misdemeanor; that's a mandatory suspension of your peace officer license for 10 years, unless I read the rules wonky. Always a possibility.

Having firsthand knowledge of the difficulty of getting hired in TX with NO arrests, period... with a DWI, he's toast.
              If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by etamante View Post

I don't know. In FL, he wouldn't be able to drive for one year (with a refusal). Tough to respond to calls in a timely manner with a..........bus pass

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

I think he should lose his job. DWI is something that takes a conscious decision to break the law and shows a blatant disregard for the safety of the other motoring public. I have no tolerance.
                  sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I am not saying I condone his actions. But having once been with HPD and seeing officers get a DUI and usually only getting about 45 days suspension. I am just saying, I don't think he'll lose his job.
                    Nemo me impune lacessit.

Comment

Originally posted by etamante View Post
                      I am not saying I condone his actions. But having once been with HPD and seeing officers get a DUI and usually only getting about 45 days suspension. I am just saying, I don't think he'll lose his job.

Were they just not prosecuted, do you think?
                      If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4798 users online. 290 members and 4508 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X