Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will never understand this mentality. I'd much rather live in my little home with my little car and get to spend time with my family and friends.
    Theres nothing wrong with thinking that way, most people do... but that’s also why most people never take up a profession where your life could be ended at any minute.

then why bother posting an unfair, biased article that does not provide all the facts in the first place?]
    Why indeed...
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 09-13-2020, 04:57 PM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

My response was not referring to police officers, but rather just the concept of money vs time. I'd take time over money any day as long as I have the necessities of life. If you are taking overtime to keep your team safe, then clearly that's a noble sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post
        My response was not referring to police officers,...
        Well, you're on a law enforcement forum, so it should come as no surprise that you're talkimg to a bunch of cops.

If you are taking overtime to keep your team safe, then clearly that's a noble sacrifice.
        We don't look at it that way- it's not about the money, it's just the sense of duty that our Creator installed in us...

Comment

At the department where I worked, a "news" story a was published bitching about several employees that worked a ton of OT for their FAC and then participated in the DROP program. By the time they retired following the DROP, they walked away with a six figure lump sum and about double their regular pay in retirement. The county residents were FURIOUS. The DROP was dropped (unless you were already in the DROP or a command officer) and subsequent contracts made it so the most you could get in retirement was 100% of your salary, no matter how much OT you work towards your FAC. The only people that could get more than 100% of their salary were those who already worked their FAC or were in the middle of working on their FAC.

Then a few years later they dropped all pensions for new hires. Anyone wonder how their recruiting/retention is going?

I don't understand the issue with those making a killing in OT. As long as they're pulling their weight and not abusing the system, they EARNED that money. They gave up a few years of having a life so they could retire comfortably. It's no one's business but theirs, especially since they're just working shifts that need to be worked.

I worked a TON of OT while I was there, most out of necessity. Now that I'm a salary employee in the private sector, I really miss that OT.
          Last edited by Aerohead; 09-14-2020, 03:58 PM.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen......

After about 5 years the mystery wears off, then you realize that the only reason to stay on the job is the pension.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6914 users online. 362 members and 6552 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X