300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approval of Sexual Gratuities - Never saw this one coming

And I thought California had become too liberal. New York seems to have us beat.

https://buffalochronicle.com/2020/08...al-gratuities/
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Just when you think the lunacy will end, 2020 smacks you upside the head and yells “Gotcha!”
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

No doubt, someone will spin it as a new form of Community Outreach for which proficiency awards awards may be given.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Maybe they are trying to increase their applicant pool.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
          Maybe they are trying to increase their applicant pool.
          Can’t imagine all the quality candidates that would attract...
          "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Time to replace that city with ...nothing. There is no Law if that comes to pass.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

"Morale booster?"

So how much do they pay there?
              ​​​​​
              If it passes will workman's comp cover VD?

Seriously!
              Lot of potential abuse with a policy like this.

Comment

“In this political environment, with all the horrible things being said about our police officers in the national media, this policy would be a real morale booster,” says Karen, a Tonawanda resident and supporter of the policy change who asked that her last name not be published. She is leading a woman’s group that is lobbying for the new policy, and she is encouraging other supporters of the new policy to join her at Monday’s Town Board Meeting.

“Our police officers are total gentlemen. More times than not, they would politely decline any physical gratuities,” she explains. “People should feel comfortable expressing how much they appreciate the police and the work that they do.
                Sounds like a group of badge bunnies is asking for this new policy.

Karen will be crushed when officers continue to turn down her gestures of "appreciation". Somehow I doubt it's policy that's stopping them..... .

Comment

Thinking seriously about coming out of retirement now. Willing to relocate at personal expense. Salary and benefits are irrelevant. Pretty sure I can pay for any required training for re-certification.

Message to all the younger guys: No hard feelings, okay?

Comment

Wife:" How was your day honey?"
                    You:" Good, you know the usual calls. McDonald's popped for lunch today. Susan down at the cleaners popped and showed her appreciation. Amber over at the gas station did too."
                    Wife:" oh really that's nice, your Sarge came by today. And I shows him some appreciation too."

Imagine the calls for service.
                    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

By the way, as a police chief I fired a couple of guys for soliciting gratuities or demanding "police discounts". No doubt in my mind what would happen if I had a cop accept "sexual gratuities" on the job.

Comment

• westside popo
                        westside popo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's a felony here. Seems like every case I've heard of the citizen willing participant always made a complaint after the job was done.

Are they hiring? Again asking for a friend.

Comment

hopefully, none of you are cops if you believe this.

Comment

Did The Onion rebrand?

Comment

Originally posted by ACCAV View Post
                            hopefully, none of you are cops if you believe this.
                            Real or not I don't care. But some of the comments are a little humorous and we could all use a little more humor right now.

​​​​​​

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3663 users online. 193 members and 3470 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X