Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont think this ticket was written by a Trooper. Reasons as follow.

5011 is not a valid badge number in our dpt, it could be a code number, but the only McClellan in the entire dpt is far too senior to have that as a code number. That McClellan, again the only one in the dpt, does not have the initials J. H.

Further, the court information system will list the individuals departmental affiliation on the system and would attach a rider "VSP" to it.

How this came out as being a Trooper I have no clue, but facts dont jibe with the story.

Comment

• I ain't writing a MOH recipient a ticket for speeding. NO way. I don't think most officers or troopers would except rookies.

Troopers, cops, and deputies are given discretion in ticket writing. Otherwise, you could use robots to do the job.

Don't deny the guy was speeding, he didn't deny it. But my own moral code won't allow me to write a ticket to someone who won this nation's highest medal for uncommon valor.
      "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

• Originally posted by VSPClem View Post
        How this came out as being a Trooper I have no clue, but facts dont jibe with the story.
        Because (for some reason) a lot of folks love hating you guys........

Comment

• I don't think this Officer (or Trooper) would like having his named tossed about on this public forum. I think we should stop.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            I don't think this Officer (or Trooper) would like having his named tossed about on this public forum. I think we should stop.
            His name is on about 10 different forums right now.......plus it's on the Court website....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
              His name is on about 10 different forums right now.......plus it's on the Court website....
              I would not appreciate that either, if I were him.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                I would not appreciate that either, if I were him.
                Neither would I....

I am just stating the facts....that there are a ton of websites running this.....some (like this one) have at least gotten the correct facts out.....others are bashing him, LE, and whatever else they can come up with.....which is usualy par for the course on those sites.....

Comment

To get this back on subject.....

I just checked the State of South Carolina's DMV website.....they don't issue MOH plates...

The VA Court link clearly states the guy that got ticketed was from South Carolina.........

How could the Trooper/Deputy/Officer known he was a MOH Awardee if he didn't have MOH plates...???
                  http://www.scdmvonline.com/forms/MV-37.pdf

Should have checked harder!!!!!!!!!!
                  "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne The Shootist

"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday, does not know what it is today"
                  General Robert E. Lee, at Appomattox, Va

Comment

• Originally posted by sert115 View Post
                    http://www.scdmvonline.com/forms/MV-37.pdf

Should have checked harder!!!!!!!!!!
                    IF you had read some more of my postings on this subject, you would have clearly observed that I acknowledged my mistake of not finding the plates when I looked on the website....

And I posted several other links that some of the folks on here didn't hunt down....as they were trying to comdemn this LEO right off that bat....and I didn't..... I at least took the time/effort to try and look at all sides of the story.....

Comment

IF you had read some more of my postings on this subject, you would have clearly observed that I acknowledged my mistake of not finding the plates when I looked on the website....

And I posted several other links that some of the folks on here didn't hunt down....as they were trying to comdemn this LEO right off that bat....and I didn't..... I at least took the time/effort to try and look at all sides of the story.....

AS a LEO I wasn't condeming a brother officer period, but I guess you Va. boys must be a little sensitive. JK
                      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne The Shootist

"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday, does not know what it is today"
                      General Robert E. Lee, at Appomattox, Va

Comment

• Originally posted by sert115 View Post
                        AS a LEO I wasn't condeming a brother officer period, but I guess you Va. boys must be a little sensitive. JK
                        10-4.....just a little sensitive on the subject......as I thought I had crossed my "T's and dotted my "I's" when I searched the SC website....only to get smacked that I didn't on another website......

Ego.....as I know I am good at what I do.....and it pains me when I screw up....

Comment

• In any case, the decision as to whether a summons or a warning was in order was entirely that of the officer who observed the violation, made the stop, and had conversation.
                          "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                            And the hypocrite of the year award goes too...
                            First off that doesn't make me a hypocrite as I admitted I was breaking the law and IF I had received a ticket I would have deserved it. I wouldn't be here blaming the Trooper for writing me the ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gene L View Post
                              I ain't writing a MOH recipient a ticket for speeding. NO way. I don't think most officers or troopers would except rookies.

Troopers, cops, and deputies are given discretion in ticket writing. Otherwise, you could use robots to do the job.

Don't deny the guy was speeding, he didn't deny it. But my own moral code won't allow me to write a ticket to someone who won this nation's highest medal for uncommon valor.
                              I wouldn't tout your moral code so much. You are suggesting preferential treatment under color of law. It should be a priority to correct a lawbreakers actions in the most suitable way. If a person is mouthing off about not doing anything or referring to their achievements or social status they are obvious not concerned with their violation of the law but with the imminent ticket writing. At that point, it makes sense to resort to the most commonly feared threats; the wallet and driving record. By letting bad drivers continue on their merry way because of something irrelevant to their violation, you don't improve public safety you decay it.
                              -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

• Originally posted by t150vsuptpr View Post
                                In any case, the decision as to whether a summons or a warning was in order was entirely that of the officer who observed the violation, made the stop, and had conversation.
                                Where in God's name did you come from....? I thought you were MIA...?

Welcome back.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4422 users online. 256 members and 4166 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X