300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW3793 View Post
    In my book Sgt Currey is a true American hero and Trooper McClellan is a true P.O.S. But that’s just my opinion.
    I agree 110% that Sgt Currey is a true American hero. But just remember that not everyone who drives a blue and grey is a P.O.S. IMO, Vsp has some troopers who are true american heros as well... one that comes to mind is Trpr. Gary Horner. Please don't let the supposed actions of one trooper dictate your opinion on an entire police agency.

Comment

Originally posted by cjs34 View Post
      I agree 110% that Sgt Currey is a true American hero. But just remember that not everyone who drives a blue and grey is a P.O.S. IMO, Vsp has some troopers who are true american heros as well... one that comes to mind is Trpr. Gary Horner. Please don't let the supposed actions of one trooper dictate your opinion on an entire police agency.
      Just saw over on glocktalk that the Officer in question is NOT a VSP Trooper but a 20 year Municipal Officer in the Petersburg area..... And that the area in question is a high accident area and heavily patroled.....

Once again....no one other than the two folks involved know what transpired or was said......or if Mr. Currey had MOH plates on his vehicle.......

Just thought I would toss that out....

Comment

I forbid any of my family members from driving 90+ miles per hour and recklessly through traffic if I am dying. I'm just going to guess but I bet the reason his son was killed in the first place was dangerously driving his vehicle. Don't take that as speaking ill of the dead but this type of thing happens ALL...THE...TIME. A woman just got nailed for racing toward the hospital after her father had a stroke (I'm pretty sure).

Had he let the officer go and he killed himself or others on his 90mph race to the hospital that officer would be knee deep in ****. We ALL know this and it's just not fair to judge him like that.
        -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by InterstateLaw View Post
          I
          I was stopped several years ago on IS 85 NB near Petersburg for travelling at 83mph

Rule 1: If you don't want a ticket, don't break the law.

And the hypocrite of the year award goes too...

Comment

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
            And the hypocrite of the year award goes too...
            I take it your as pure as the driven snow then, Right?
            It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by katzeyze View Post
              You are correct forensic, there is. It is the middle button. Lets say that you want to quote six different posts. One posts one - five select the button that has the "+ mark. Then on post number six you would press the first button (the one with the word Quote) and you can then respond to each post.
              double post
              Last edited by BaseballBabe; 06-03-2007, 01:59 AM.
              "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
              Not Yet Visited: 16
              Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Originally posted by katzeyze View Post
                You are correct forensic, there is. It is the middle button. Lets say that you want to quote six different posts. One posts one - five select the button that has the "+ mark. Then on post number six you would press the first button (the one with the word Quote) and you can then respond to each post.
                Thanks!

Originally posted by Irishluck31 View Post
                Better slow your roll MH might find yourself chatting on iwishthiswasO.com again.
                LMAO
                "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                Not Yet Visited: 16
                Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
                  I'm amazed at all the different opinions on a topic such as this. Guess I'll throw mine in too.

The man is 82 years-old and won the nations highest award for valor, The Congressional Medal of Honor. That means he was involved in some type of vicious fighting that most of us can only imagine, and by some miracle he survived!

I most certainly would have let the man off with a warning. I believe he's earned it, even if it's the 50th warning he's gotten over his lifetime. We give verbal warnings all the time to John Q. Public so why not give it to this person. A speeding violation is only an infraction, it's not like he committed some big felony. Even if he "talked his way into it," I still would have let him go

In this case, discretion is the better part of valor. I would also hope the comment the trooper allegedly made is not true... but if it is, shame on him!
                  The man was awarded the CMH, I would have given him a warning. We are losing 1800 World War Veterans everyday, soon they will be gone. It is up to the officer to decide if he want to issue a UTC, I am not excusing the speeding, I just would have given him the break, as my way of saying thank you for all you have done for us.

Bulldog
                  US Army, 68-71
                  Vietnam, 68-69

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Hood View Post
                    YEAH, lighten up guys, after all SPEED is the No 1 killer of good people with good intentions who just happened to get caught SPEED kills more people ea year than cancer, heartdisease etc. TAKE IT SERIOUSLY and if I'm speeding ...please STOP ME at least!
                    You're joking right?

Honestly I can't tell

Comment

• What worries me is, 82 years old and still driving? My father in law is 79, has been a professional driver all his life, but he is beginning to worry the family. A lot of folks that age have tendencies to forget things, fall asleep easily, develop impaired judgement or poor reflexes, and so on.

Anyone check SGT Curry's driving record, to see if he has a regular history of offenses? This could mean that maybe it is time for him to hang up his car keys.

In my case, being a veteran of the Regular Army as well as the National Guard, as well as a member of AMVETS, I'd offer than man a ride to any service on Memorial Day, and thank him well for his service. The Congressional Medal of Honor isn't handed out like they are party favors, and over half of those brave servicemembers who receive it are awarded it posthumously.

In my LE days, I wouldn't write anyone a ticket for 6 over, unless they gave me a lot of lip.
                      Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

• Roflmao

Originally posted by Margaret Hood View Post
                        The Officer was doing his job. Nothing or nobody should ever, ever get a Free pass, for being oblivious to the laws of the road. This gentleman is to be commended for his heroic military service to his country. But he above all should recognize that we all have to obey the laws of the land. It gives us what you call civility and distinguishes us from other countries! I would only say, that the OFFICER used a poor choice of words, in that he was corrrect to say."It doesn't matter, sir, because you were speeding and its my duty to write you a ticket. The reason I'm citing you is because many beloved citizens die each year on our roads and h'ways becasue they risked not only their lives but someones else's life by speeding. Its a matter of TACT', should have learned this in the ACADEMY. Bedside manner or PR is very important in reflecting the duties of an OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN! Choosing the right words at the right time might not seem important to some officers, but remember YOU ARE REPRESENTING THE LAW!

Oh Come on now, I bet you can count the number of guys on the job who operate like the above on one hand. and they are the ones who cause everyone problems. Our job is to protect and serve and help people not reward a medal of honor recipient with a coupon that will be dumped in court like most other ones.

Comment

• Yes I would have pulled this person over if he was speeding (but at least 10 over). But, I would not have ticketed a MOH winner. No way, no how. They don't give those things away you know. In Maine we have many plates for military awards including Silver Star and Bronze Star and Distinguished Service Cross and Purple Heart. If I stopped one of these folks for speeding, I explain to them why I stopped them and thank them for their service. Come on guys, if the world is this black and white to you, perhaps you are in the wrong line of work.

Comment

• Margaret....LEOs do not represent the law.....we enforce the laws as set by the representatives of the citizenry within the bounds of the discretion allowed by our agency.

Comment

• If its the mclelland that i know....

I'm not buying the rude statement. But that is if it is the TROOPER Mclelland and not the municipal officer. I didn't think Mclelland worked Petersburg but I may be wrong but he has always been very polite and soft-spoken. I wasn't there but if it was the Mclelland I know I just am not buying it.

my .02

Comment

• Originally posted by vsp645 View Post
                                I'm not buying the rude statement. But that is if it is the TROOPER Mclelland and not the municipal officer. I didn't think Mclelland worked Petersburg but I may be wrong but he has always been very polite and soft-spoken. I wasn't there but if it was the Mclelland I know I just am not buying it.

my .02
                                According to the Petersburg Court website.....they have him listed as Officer....Not Trooper or whatever else you'all might use on your summons.....

I'm still not buying EITHER SIDE of the conversation until I hear audio....or the parties involve go to the media and give statements.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5457 users online. 353 members and 5104 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X