• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have no idea.
    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

• But I do...I lived in NC for 8 years, and know the Troopers up there endure a very low esteem from other agencies. Don't know about cops,I guess it depends, but I still remember when the SBI dusted two hostages who escaped from a bank, one of them a woman who in no way resembled the hostage takers and was screaming "Help me!."

That was about ten or twelve years ago. I've been gone from NC since 1996, and while it's a good state, it's beset with draconian gun laws and over-zealous Troopers. I attended a class full of Troopers. Boy, was that an eye-opener.

Yes, you guys need a few good men. Hope you're not a trooper.

I would also add that I taught at the Criminal Justice program at Wake Tech for a couple of years. "Report Writing."
      Last edited by Gene L; 06-08-2007, 10:22 AM.
      "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gene L View Post
        I am a Chief Deputy, and if a deputy of mine ticketed a MOH winner for 13 over, that officer would be answering some very stringent questions.

First, we don't ticket cars for 13 over except in exceptional circumstances. Would you also ticket your fellow LEO for 13 over, or let him slide? Or did you vote "Yes" on that issue. I don't need cops like that.

I think you're cop enough to let him slide. And I'd hope you're American enough to let the MOH winner slide.
        So you work for a department that has a written policy that states you cannot cite someone for 13 MPH over?

Are you ALSO saying that if you had a department, you would NOT allow officer discretion? That is what this all boils down to on that side of the debate: you say that officers should NOT ticket a MOHR through the great LEO tool of discretion. You are saying, it seems, that said LEO should NOT have discretion to cite a MOHR.

Oops. See now that you are a dep chief. I agree with him, now. I wouldn't want to work for you.
        Last edited by scratched13; 06-08-2007, 10:36 AM.
        Space for rent .........

Comment

I feel sorry for the state of North Carolina. They seem to need a few good men.

I would say I feel sorry for the men working under you, but I doubt you have any. Don't seem like supervisory material to me.
          Why? Because he disagrees with you?????
          Space for rent .........

Comment

• I am getting dizzy from all of this crap. Men and women, please remember we are PROFESSIONAL(s), on the other hand maybe some of us aren't Be safe out there

Comment

• The state of Georgia won't allow radar stops at ten over, and most cities in GA (and counties) have at least 15 as a policy. This isn't written in my agency, but it's understood, and of course doesn't apply in school zones or other areas. Or if an accident is involved. Prosecutors won't accept a ticket for 13 over without some serious questions that would almost certainly lead to a dismissal.

I have never personlly seen a ticket written in my county for 13 over that was not in a school zone. I've seen very few at 15. We write most of ours at 17-20 over, and keep an entire traffic division busy with that.

I always allow officer discretion, which we are well known for in my county. I would not allow them to break policy, for whatever reason. But for 13 over, I guess yes, I'm saying a deputy would have to do some very persuasive explaining if he wrote a MOHR for 13 mph over. Definitely. His reasons might be good, but they would not go unquestioined. He would, in fact, have to explain why he wrote for 13 over to anyone.

I'm not a deputy chief, I'm a Chief Deputy. And you're right, you wouldn't want to work for me. What's more, with the depth of misreading you've exhibited, I wouldn't want you to work for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperden View Post
                I am getting dizzy from all of this crap. Men and women, please remember we are PROFESSIONAL(s), on the other hand maybe some of us aren't Be safe out there

I agree. My last post on this.

Comment

The state of Georgia won't allow radar stops at ten over, and most cities in GA (and counties) have at least 15 as a policy. This isn't written in my agency, but it's understood, and of course doesn't apply in school zones or other areas. Or if an accident is involved. Prosecutors won't accept a ticket for 13 over without some serious questions that would almost certainly lead to a dismissal.

I have never personlly seen a ticket written in my county for 13 over that was not in a school zone. I've seen very few at 15. We write most of ours at 17-20 over, and keep an entire traffic division busy with that.

I always allow officer discretion, which we are well known for in my county. I would not allow them to break policy, for whatever reason. But for 13 over, I guess yes, I'm saying a deputy would have to do some very persuasive explaining if he wrote a MOHR for 13 mph over. Definitely. His reasons might be good, but they would not go unquestioined. He would, in fact, have to explain why he wrote for 13 over to anyone.

I'm not a deputy chief, I'm a Chief Deputy. And you're right, you wouldn't want to work for me. What's more, with the depth of misreading you've exhibited, I wouldn't want you to work for me.
                  Ease up, Mr Magoo. I read these threads with a whole different attitude than I read a report at work. This is for fun. Work is work.

And how many departments out there have policies that state officers cannot cite for valid traffic offenses out there? Anyone?

The state says 10 over with radar. Says jack about pacing. I have seen PLENTY of tickets for 11 over (motor cops) and even LESS than that for pacing. Prosecutor won't accept it? The vast majority of our tickets never go to state court and the traffic jugde lets them fky all the time. Sorry that you can't enforce the law as written.
                  Space for rent .........

Comment

But I do...I lived in NC for 8 years, and know the Troopers up there endure a very low esteem from other agencies. Don't know about cops,I guess it depends, but I still remember when the SBI dusted two hostages who escaped from a bank, one of them a woman who in no way resembled the hostage takers and was screaming "Help me!."

That was about ten or twelve years ago. I've been gone from NC since 1996, and while it's a good state, it's beset with draconian gun laws and over-zealous Troopers. I attended a class full of Troopers. Boy, was that an eye-opener.

Yes, you guys need a few good men. Hope you're not a trooper.

I would also add that I taught at the Criminal Justice program at Wake Tech for a couple of years. "Report Writing."

It seems that North Carolina's gain is Georgia's loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by SWATCybercop View Post
                      Haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa. (In the Nelson voice).
                      Space for rent .........

Comment

• Originally posted by SWATCybercop View Post

Yep. Some people honor our beautiful state by coming, others by leaving.
                        Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

• Do we know for sure that it was a Trooper who wrote this gentleman a ticket? Most everything I have read clearly states that the officer involved worked for a local department. I know its easy to blame VSP when something like this happens, but hear me and hear me good...

NOT ALL VIRGINIA STATE TROOPERS WRITE COPS OR WAR HEROES!

Comment

• No, I dont' think it was a VA trooper, or at least the VA troopers who know seme to think it wasn't. I sure hope not.

I agree with your ultimate statement, and thank you for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                              And how many departments out there have policies that state officers cannot cite for valid traffic offenses out there? Anyone?

The state says 10 over with radar.
                              To compare ... our state law contains no mention of any tollerance, it simply states the speed limts and that it shall be a violation to exceed same (over 80 or at 20 or more over, which ever comes first, it shall be reckless driving BTW). Any tollerance is set by individual department policy if it exist. We have one, and it's a bit less tollerable than those of the local PDs and SO here in my area. After the tollerance is exceeded, the decision is the trooper's or officer's. 13 over is well over our policy, however this case doesn't appear to be one of ours .... but if it were, the only thing I would take minor issue with was the reply and I wouldn't say more than a couple words about that if I did so chose.

As to writing at 13 over, that's like 78 in a 65 and I too will write them at that point on occasion, depending on circumstances (traffic, light, road, weather, nature of assignment, etc). Again, 3 more MPH is 81 and qualifies for reckless driving, such is the law of the land here.

As to being a MOH winner, I am deeply appreciative of his service and personal sacrifice, but I have a duty to those other motorist too. If he's an honorable man, he'll understand in due time.

It's my discretion that I use, just as each of you here use yours.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badger5 View Post
                                Do we know for sure that it was a Trooper who wrote this gentleman a ticket? Most everything I have read clearly states that the officer involved worked for a local department. I know its easy to blame VSP when something like this happens, but hear me and hear me good...

NOT ALL VIRGINIA STATE TROOPERS WRITE COPS OR WAR HEROES!
                                We know that someone who shares the name of a MOH recipient was ticketed.

That's all.

The rest is all 3rd hand info from some anonymous poster from another message board.

And we should all know by now.....

THAT RP'S LIE

Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3965 users online. 191 members and 3774 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X