Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were a Chief or a Sheriff, and one of my sworn officers summarily decided to exempt an individual from the law solely because of his status, that officer would be looking for other employment.
    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deputy08
      Listen if the guy got a ticket so what. I wouldnt have given him a ticket, but that is just me. The thing that ****es me off is the trooper and what he said. "It means nothing", wtf, what an ***. He deserves to be slapped and then fired

I agree that his statement "it means nothing" is infuriating, and ticks me off, too! He should have showed proper respect to the MOH winner.

Then he should have made a decision, based on the circumstances at hand, whether the MOH winner's actions deserved a summons.
      Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
        If I were a Chief or a Sheriff, and one of my sworn officers summarily decided to exempt an individual from the law solely because of his status, that officer would be looking for other employment.
        You're saying you would fire a Officer for not writing another LEO....or a Vet....or a family member....or one of your family members om a minor traffic ticket.....?

Comment

• Depends on the circumstances of the violation. Does the violator's status weigh in? Sure. But if I pull an LEO and he's abusive and combative, he deserves to be written.

And a call will be made to his employing agency!

It all boils down to doing the right thing for the public that we serve.
          Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

• If I pull an LEO for a traffic violation, and he's a pr*ck, chances are he's the same way with the fellow officers he works with.

You know the type - "God's Gift to Law Enforcement."
            Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

But if I pull an LEO and he's abusive and combative, he deserves to be written.
              Not going to argue with you there.....as if someone gets pulled over for a traffic offense, they should give the Officer/Deputy/Trooper the same respect they would want if the roles were reversed.....

Now....I will say, that they would have to be a complete total jackwad for me to cite them....

I might call their agency and talk to a supervisor..... after kicking them loose......

Just depends on the situation.....
              Last edited by Bearcat357; 06-08-2007, 07:47 AM. Reason: Spelling issues....

Comment

• We agree.

Stay safe, brother!
                Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

If I were a Chief or a Sheriff, and one of my sworn officers summarily decided to exempt an individual from the law solely because of his status, that officer would be looking for other employment.
                  I am a Chief Deputy, and if a deputy of mine ticketed a MOH winner for 13 over, that officer would be answering some very stringent questions.

First, we don't ticket cars for 13 over except in exceptional circumstances. Would you also ticket your fellow LEO for 13 over, or let him slide? Or did you vote "Yes" on that issue. I don't need cops like that.

I think you're cop enough to let him slide. And I'd hope you're American enough to let the MOH winner slide.
                  "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Depends on the circumstances of the violation. Does the violator's status weigh in? Sure. But if I pull an LEO and he's abusive and combative, he deserves to be written.

And a call will be made to his employing agency!

It all boils down to doing the right thing for the public that we serve.
                    You've modified your position, I see. So you WOULD take a person's status into consideration before writing a ticket? Or not? Now I'm confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gene L View Post
                      I am a Chief Deputy, ...

Understandably, a Sheriff's office is more susceptible to political pressure.
                      Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

• Yes, we're elelcted by the people rather than oppointed by a politician.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gene L View Post
                          You've modified your position, I see. So you WOULD take a person's status into consideration before writing a ticket? Or not? Now I'm confused.

Nope. It's what I've been saying all along.

It depends on the totality of circumstances. I don't have a checklist. You, on the other hand, would summarily decide to give a free ride to certain groups of individuals based solely on their status in life. I consider ALL the facts.

If a guy is going 13 over on an Interstate, it's one thing. If he speeds through a neighborhood with kids present, or a crowded city street, he probably gets written and I don't give a rat's behind what his status is.

That's why LEO's have discretion.

You do what you want.
                          Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

• I think you have "circumstances" confused with "a person's status."

What you have described are circumstances, not a person's status. Perhaps this explains a lot of the posts you've made previously.
                            Last edited by Gene L; 06-08-2007, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• I feel sorry for the officers who have to work for you.
                              Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

• I feel sorry for the state of North Carolina. They seem to need a few good men.

I would say I feel sorry for the men working under you, but I doubt you have any. Don't seem like supervisory material to me.
                                Last edited by Gene L; 06-08-2007, 10:01 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5307 users online. 341 members and 4966 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X