300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civie helping cop

Another thead made made me think of this question. I am sure it's been covered here but I like new treads.

If a civillian witness a cop having trouble with a perp, would you like the civie to help apprehend, detain etc or would you prefer a civie mind their own business?

I have seen on the TV show COPS an officer having trouble handcuffing a suspect. A civilian intervened and helped the officer. He seemed thankful.

Before taking any actions, I would hope that the bystander would let his intentions be known loud and clear, otherwise he may be mistaken for another bad guy.

Comment

Yep, let me know he is going to help and Im all for the intervention and I'd be very thankful!
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by S.O.444 View Post
        Before taking any actions, I would hope that the bystander would let his intentions be known loud and clear, otherwise he may be mistaken for another bad guy.
        Agreed! Just approach from the front, and ask. You'll either get a no, yes, or a heck yes...easy That being said, if the situation has deteriorated to the point where the LEO is in a life threatening position and cannot reply, I'd say go for it.(assuming you are able of course)
        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

great question ......

great question to ask, that's something i've been wondering about too...........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5019 users online. 332 members and 4687 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X