300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone carry a Kimber pro carry 2?

I love the weapon Im have the crappiest time finding a good holster level 3.

Probation Officer here in Nor Cal. G22 on duty...Kimber Pro Carry II off-duty. I use a Galco pancake cop series for my Kimber off-duty. I don't know of a good Level 3 duty holster...sorry. Great weapon though isn't it? We were allowed to carry our 1911 on duty until about 4 years ago. Now we're all G22s or 23s. I love my G22...but nothing beats my 1911.

Comment

True story I have the eclipse its sweet and simple, nothing to get hung up on. I have a blackhawk serpa holster for it right now, but I dont think its gonna make standards at a department.

Comment

You're going to have a real hard time finding a holster that is "Level 3." Let me give you a couple of suggestions though. First, the whole "Level 1, 2, 3" thing was originally developed by a manufacturer (Safariland) as a sales/marketing tool. There is no NIJ standard for duty holsters' retention levels and any company can market any holster as any level. Our department recently changed it's holster policy, then changed it and changed it again, due to confusion over this issue. Part of this reason was that we recently approved Colt 1911 type pistols and it is very difficult to find holsters currently made for this weapons system which include any type of trigger lock. We now mandate that the holster have at least two types of retention, one of which is a safety strap. A.E. Nelson Leather, Blade Tech and Ted Blocker all make good, safe, serviceable holsters that meet this requirement.

Blade Tech recently offered a new design called their "WRS" (Weapon Retention System) holster and it's available for 1911 type pistols, including a number of makes/models with light attachments. I'd suggest you check them out. I just received one three days ago (for a Nighthawk GRP II), it's well made and was approved for use by our rangemaster. Good luck.
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4215 users online. 236 members and 3979 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X