300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethical Question

If you are a guest in someone's home - and other guests decide to partake in herbal refreshments (not directly in your vicinity - but you know what is going on) what would you do? Since I am in the process of joining the reserve program - my husband and I chose to leave.

I am really interested in knowing what the seasoned LEO would do in that situation.

I'd GTFO. I don't need that headache, and I don't want friends that would put me in that predicament, either.

Comment

I would definately leave. If they were just smokin and hangin out I would just leave, people smoke weed all the time and most of us really don't care if it's just at home.

If I thought things were getting out of hand, I might give the local jurisdiction a call.

Comment

I'd leave and if it was my home I'd tell them to gtfo. You made the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by hixclan View Post
          If you are a guest in someone's home - and other guests decide to partake in herbal refreshments (not directly in your vicinity - but you know what is going on) what would you do? Since I am in the process of joining the reserve program - my husband and I chose to leave.

I am really interested in knowing what the seasoned LEO would do in that situation.
          The Seasoned LEO would use common sense and not only leave....but RUN, RUN, RUN!!

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
            I would definately leave. If they were just smokin and hangin out I would just leave, people smoke weed all the time and most of us really don't care if it's just at home.

If I thought things were getting out of hand, I might give the local jurisdiction a call.
            The situation kinda reminds me of marriage. When you get married, its not ljust the two of you, but you marry the WHOLE dang family too! An that might or might not be a good thing! As for the herbal party. Who needs these so called friends anyway. Funny, one wrong decision can affect ea of us for the rest of our lives and we some how have to get over it

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman2 View Post
              I'd leave and if it was my home I'd tell them to gtfo. You made the right choice.
              EASY DOES IT ...HITMAN. I personally would usher them to the front door and tell them to get out very quickly or they're going to get kicked where the sun don't shine~

Comment

Me personally, I'd get out and probably make a little phone call to the local authorities.

When my wife and I were dating many many years back, she was invited to a really good friend of mine's residence for his GF's bachelorette party. She called me begging me to come get her as they had started snorting lines and smoking weed. I came and got her and found out when she went over to my buddy's residence just a few doors down, she saw a straw on the table and some residue and he said "Sh*&, her boyfriend's a cop!" That was the height of disrespect and I never spoke to the guy again.
                Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post

This might sound like a kick in the head, but...Hey, I'd readum their rights!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMachU View Post
                    I'd GTFO. I don't need that headache, and I don't want friends that would put me in that predicament, either.
                    Really, it makes no different to Sarge, he wouldn't understand anyway

READUM' THEIR RIGHTS DANO!

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73
                      I came and got her and found out when she went over to my buddy's residence just a few doors down, she saw a straw on the table and some residue and he said "Sh*&, her boyfriend's a cop!" That was the height of disrespect and I never spoke to the guy again.
                      Since you're a cop it's probably better you don't associate with him anyway.

But what did you expect? I sure wouldn't want a cop's girlfriend to see me do anything illegal either. It doesn't sound like he meant any disrespect, he was just using the age-old strategy known as CYA (Cover Your A..)

Comment

Exit...stage left. Immediately. Forget thw rest of it - just get out.
                        The All New
                        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by IMachU View Post
                          ditto. real friends wont place you in harms way, and these people are not your friend........
                          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                          Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Hood View Post
                            The Seasoned LEO would use common sense and not only leave....but RUN, RUN, RUN!!
                            And you would know this how?

Originally posted by Marge the Hood
                            Really, it makes no different to Sarge, he wouldn't understand anyway
                            There you go again, directly insulting other members of the board.

Comment

I'd leave quietly, make my regrets, and leave. Not all dope smokers are maggots, and there's no point in confrontation.

You get exposed to smoke, you can test positive, if your department tests. Mine does.

I don't think I'd try to make an arrest, unless someone dragged in a dufflebag full. Then I'd call the cops.
                              "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6075 users online. 323 members and 5752 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X