Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amputee Uses Crutch to Fight Off Gunmen

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Vietnam Veteran Roger Baxter says he's here to do something, he's just not sure what it is. You see, he survived two tours duty. Then he was hit by a semi when he was a C-DOT flag man. Now he has survived getting shot during a burglary Tuesday. Melissa Mollet reports

An amputee who discovered a burglar inside his home was shot while fighting him off with a crutch.

Roger Baxter survived the Tuesday incident after a cell phone apparently slowed a bullet to his chest.

"I just got it programmed," Baxter said of the phone.

Baxter lost his right leg after being hit by a tractor-trailer in October. He was returning from getting a haircut when he discovered the man with a gun inside his house.

"He was pointing it at me," Baxter told KDVR-TV. "He kept coming toward me and he got within 5 foot of me and that's when I hauled off and hit him with one of my crutches."

Aurora police spokesman Robert Friel said Baxter was wounded in the upper torso after the bullet hit the phone.

Friel said two juveniles were arrested, one believed to be the suspect in the attack and the other believed to have been a lookout. Their names have not been released.

"It's not my time," said Baxter, a Vietnam veteran. "I went head to head against a semi back in October and today I went up against a 9 mm and I'm here. I'm just a tough old bird."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material

Well, props to him! God bless the old coot.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3426 users online. 171 members and 3255 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X