300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote this letter that was posted in the Editorials section of a newspaper. It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

-----------
    Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the U.S. might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest except for when I broke into your house.

According to the protesters:

You are required to let me stay in your house, you are required to add me to your family's insurance plan, you are required to educate my kids, you are required to provide other benefits to me and to my family. My husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part.

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be here.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house. And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you learn MY LANGUAGE so you can communicate with me!

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America. If you agree, pass it on (in English). Share it if you see the value of it. If not blow it off...along with your future Social Security funds, and a lot of other things.

--------------

I don't know which newspaper ran this editorial but I've seen this posted on a few sites and received it by email as well. - JBean

Read this before (internet) and it is so true ..........
    Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by JBean View Post
      A lady wrote this letter that was posted in the Editorials section of a newspaper. It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

-----------
      Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the U.S. might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest except for when I broke into your house.

According to the protesters:

You are required to let me stay in your house, you are required to add me to your family's insurance plan, you are required to educate my kids, you are required to provide other benefits to me and to my family. My husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part.

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be here.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house. And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you learn MY LANGUAGE so you can communicate with me!

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America. If you agree, pass it on (in English). Share it if you see the value of it. If not blow it off...along with your future Social Security funds, and a lot of other things.

--------------

I don't know which newspaper ran this editorial but I've seen this posted on a few sites and received it by email as well. - JBean
      JB, Thanks for the post. Yes, this was circulating all over the INT and I had forgotten about it. But it is RIGHT ON. Thanks for the post

Comment

I haven't seen this before but I have seen something similar. I'll pass it on.
        Chocolate cures all ailments

Memo:

Get over it already.

Comment

I have received this twice, and the first time was from a haspanic female that I am very close friends with. It is SO TRUE. and the fact that people are DEMANDIING rights for illegals just........blows my mind. Illegal means illegal and thy have NO rights. and we should not have to learn their language , if I go to mexico for a vacation, i have to speak spanish, or not gt help.

I work full time, pay taxes and take care of my self. The only thing I do not have is medical insurance. however, if they come over and thy want medical all they do is show up at the hospital.
          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

true Dat!!!
            "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Send them all back home... but hey thats just me
              Most important thing you and your partner do today is make off duty roll call.

There are very few problems which cannot be solved by the suitable application of high explosives.

“Is there one G or two G’s in staggered?”

“You better put two he was pretty drunk.”

Comment

If they want to come over here the legal way and contribute just I do, then I have no problem with it. However, to commit a crime and then demonstrate because of the possibility of having to answer for it is beyond me. Maybe someone can here can answer a question that I have: Why do we need new legislation to secure our borders? The last time I checked, according to Federal laws, our borders are supposed to be secure. I don't think new laws are needed, we simply need to enforce the laws that are already in place.
                "Do unto others before they can do unto you", Fred G. Sanford

Comment

If they cut my grass and weed my garden, I'd have to consider it...
                  As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Originally posted by JBean View Post
                    Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.....
                    There's gonna be a WHOLE lota smoke and noise before it's all over with.....

Comment

Had to share this.....

The Bill of No Rights

We, the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid any more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal, bed-wetters. We hold these truths to be self-evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim that they require a Bill of No Rights.

ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.

ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc., but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful, do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.

ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.

ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.

ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.

ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.

ARTICLE VIII: You don't have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.

ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness -- which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an overabundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights,"

ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language. Learn it or go back, for good, to the place you came from.

If you agree, share this with a friend. No, you don't have to, and nothing tragic will befall you if you don't. I just think it is about time common sense is allowed to flourish - call it the age of reason revisited.

Comment

Nice...but I don't particularly agree with Article V

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

I absolutely agree with it. Why must I pay for someone else's hospital bill? If they pay for insurance (not required, just advised), then they will be fine ..... especially if they supplement their basic coverage. The more that we go to universal health care, the worse it will be for the rest of us who have jobs. Sorry, there is no right to "health." Live clean, stay fit, get a job to pay for health care, don't get born to sh*tty parents and if you do, don't be like them.
                          Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                            I absolutely agree with it. Why must I pay for someone else's hospital bill? If they pay for insurance (not required, just advised), then they will be fine ..... especially if they supplement their basic coverage. The more that we go to universal health care, the worse it will be for the rest of us who have jobs. Sorry, there is no right to "health." Live clean, stay fit, get a job to pay for health care, don't get born to sh*tty parents and if you do, don't be like them.
                            Whoa, you have your opinion, and I have mine. Health care should be available and affordable for everyone.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17372104/

It makes no sense to be in the "richest" country in the world and have no concern for your own citizens. Illegal immigrants can get health care and not worry about the bill, however one of your own citizens can't? The above thread is about a 12 year old kid who's parents couldn't afford an $80 tooth extraction. He died. We didn't care enough about him to see what was wrong, but when his condition deteriorated we thought enough of it to spend $250,000??? Yeah, a lot of sense this makes. Health care isn't free in any country. Everyone pays in the form of taxes. But we live in a society where health care is no longer affordable. Even small businesses elect not to cover their employees any longer. What do you say to a parent who is working hard to stay off welfare, but can't afford health insurance? Too bad??? So what is your plan, spend a little now to cover preventive doctor visits? Or wait until their sooo bad off that you have to spend 10's if not 100's of thousands trying to put "humpty back together again?" I have a job with excellent benefits, but I'm wiling to sacrifice just a little to ensure that every working person has an opportunity to have affordable family health insurance. This is my opinion, of course.
                            Last edited by LeanG; 05-31-2007, 02:32 PM.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

/sigh universal healthcare is not the be all peopel think it is.

in the o****ries where it is present aka canada and many european countries you wait months and years for surgerys or other treatments unles your dieing that day. You have little to no say in who you see and when you do you pay the cost of huge lines and inconviences.

Not to mention america already has free healthcare for low income and frankly illegals. its called access and for illegals they cant be denied they just dont pay.

Universal anything tends to only lead to poor quality and results. Countires with universal healthcare tend to not have the best docters as they go to private healthcare nations to make a living.

My wifes family is in the healthcare profession they left canada because dr's make alot more money in america /shrug. the good ones leave.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3223 users online. 200 members and 3023 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X