Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Ah...but...not going to work in court.
    If they pay the cite, court doesn’t matter... same as red light cameras.

Please show me where civilians are driving, as civilians, fully equipped LE vehicles, on patrol, and enforcing laws.
    Our community service officer has a fully equipped vehicle and writes muni cites and summons. She has to call a commissioned officer to write county or state stuff for her. She can’t use the lights moving, and can’t drive code, but that’s more of a department policy thing and training thing. Nothing in Colorado law prevents her from making traffic stops.

It’s not a good idea, but it could be done.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 07-18-2020, 04:41 PM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Local politicians told residents not to call the police for fireworks and try to talk to the violators themselves. Good luck on the traffic stops.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/woman-...off-fireworks/

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

If they pay the cite, court doesn’t matter... same as red light cameras.

Our community service officer has a fully equipped vehicle and writes muni cites and summons. She has to call a commissioned officer to write county or state stuff for her. She can’t use the lights moving, and can’t drive code, but that’s more of a department policy thing and training thing. Nothing in Colorado law prevents her from making traffic stops.

It’s not a good idea, but it could be done.
        This isn’t Colorado.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
          Local politicians told residents not to call the police for fireworks and try to talk to the violators themselves. Good luck on the traffic stops.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/woman-...off-fireworks/
          Yeah, I think any cop could have predicted how that was gonna end.

When you've got a bunch of drunk @$$#01e$ setting off illegal fireworks late at night, you better bring your A-game Gerbil Voodoo, or you're gonna be sitting at the ER for six hours getting their boo-boos fixed before dropping them off at jail...and then typing for another three hours.

On the 4th of July, they seem to think that the law doesn't apply, even though they have no idea what it is that we are celebrating, and the mob mentality of those gatherings, combined with the riot-like situation of so many offenders doing it all over the city, results in drunks actually feeling entitled to break the law.

Asking civilians to address that is just suicidal...
          Last edited by Aidokea; 07-19-2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

First they will require statutory authority to enforce traffic and motor vehicle laws. Then they will need specially marked vehicles equipped with lights, sirens, etc, to make the stops. Then they will need some form of identifiable uniform to announce or project some form of legal authority. Won't be long before they will need personal defenses (impact weapons, Tasers, body armor, etc). After a few are killed or maimed they will need defensive firearms. They can print out citations on toilet paper because that is how they will be treated by many people.

This all sounds too much like police authority. Probably simpler, less expensive, and less stressful to citizens' delicate sensitivities to just send out the tow truck and ambulances every hour or two to clean up the messes and haul away the dead and injured. It will probably be more difficult and expensive to obtain automobile insurance, but that isn't the government's concern anyway.

Comment

This is how it'll play out.

First they will throw an obscene amount of money towards the new "Woke" traffic unit.

They will have the full support of everyone around since they aren't cops.

After a while, They will have injuries. This will be downplayed, as they still aren't cops.

Then, they will have a crisis of conscious when it is discovered that they are asking for the same powers/equipment/protection LE needs for the job.

To me, I don't see how they can legally enforce traffic laws. In Texas, unless the CCP allows you to enforce traffic statutes, not even full blown peace officers can stop a car. A good example is the police for the railroads. They are full fledged peace officers, licensed by the state, but can't enforce anything in our Traffic Section.

More than likely it'll end up like code enforcement, where they aren't LE but get the same protections, Which means that when one gets threatened...an actual cop files the charge.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4469 users online. 324 members and 4145 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X