Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime Prevention recommendations

Greetings fellow LEOS,

Since the pandemic, and the policies by many businesses and also laws mandated by governments, persons now have to wear a face mask every time they are in public spaces. Never would have thought that someone would be required to enter banks with masks on. It is on that backdrop that criminals are using the face mask to commit robberies. Business owners and security officers see people coming into their business places with masks on and are unchallenged because everyone now knows it is the new norm. Just the other day a male entered a jewelry store wearing a hat and a face mask, the security did not emphasize trying to get a good look at the person until he heard the person ordering them to lay on the floor.

What are some of the crime prevention tips that your organization is messaging to members of the business community about protecting their businesses and or how can they challenge a person who is entering the store while wearing a face mask without going against protocol...??

I am compiling a list and so far I have, Security guards should request persons to remove their face mask before entering the store and have them replace it once their face can be seen if they have on a hat or hoodie asking them to remove it before allowing them in. But what about those businesses that are just walk in without buzz indoors or security guards???

Last month my wife and I had to make an appointment at the bank to deal with a certificate of deposit renewal. Met at the door by armed security officer, checked our names on the appointment list, applied a remote thermometer to check us for fever, and allowed us into the bank with masks covering our faces.

Concluded our business and left, with my Kimber Custom CDP .45 ACP pistol holstered on my hip the entire time.

The "new normal" is little more than a new joke. No one ever asked for my ID. No one ever asked if I was armed. All they cared about was whether or not my temperature was elevated and if I had a rag over my mouth and nose.

Comment

Masks are not mandatory here but....

I would suggest they pay attention to the stuff they can see and take note of it. Looking them in the eye and give the greeting of the day etc.
      I've started a few field interviews with "you ok" or "how are you" as I drove by them. Catches them off guard sometimes and they give some incriminating responses.

​​​​​​
      Last edited by westside popo; 07-10-2020, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by retired1995 View Post
        Last month my wife and I had to make an appointment at the bank to deal with a certificate of deposit renewal. Met at the door by armed security officer, checked our names on the appointment list, applied a remote thermometer to check us for fever, and allowed us into the bank with masks covering our faces.

Concluded our business and left, with my Kimber Custom CDP .45 ACP pistol holstered on my hip the entire time.

The "new normal" is little more than a new joke. No one ever asked for my ID. No one ever asked if I was armed. All they cared about was whether or not my temperature was elevated and if I had a rag over my mouth and nose.
        Wow, that is the reason why I am taking this proactive approach to recommend the crime prevention tips before criminals here on the island start their shopping spree with the mask on.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
          Masks are not mandatory here but....

I would suggest they pay attention to the stuff they can see and take note of it. Looking them in the eye and give the greeting of the day etc.
          I've started a few field interviews with "you ok" or "how are you" as I drove by them. Catches them off guard sometimes and they give some incriminating responses.

​​​​​​
          Thank you West Side popo. Great one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3503 users online. 201 members and 3302 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X