300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget Cuts - What A Way To Retire!

This week, the Los Angeles Unified School District cut the budget of its school police by $25 Million. The money will be diverted to other school programs to better support students, especially students of color, according to officials. The cuts will result in layoffs for 65 officers and the elimination of overtime and 39 vacant positions. The school board also directed that the school police be taken off-campus and out of uniform.

The police chief for the Los Angeles Unified School District resigned Wednesday, a day after the school board slashed his budget by $25 million, saying the reductions impede his ability to serve the community effectively.

In a statement, Todd Chamberlain said the cuts put him in a "position that makes my ability to effectively, professionally and safely impact those groups unachievable."

"I cannot support modifications to my position, the organization and most importantly, the community (students, staff and families) that I believe will be detrimental and potentially life-threatening," he added.

Chamberlain, a 33-year law enforcement veteran who previously retired from the Los Angeles Police Department, had been on the job only a few months. He was named the district's new chief in November.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Bravo to Chief Chamberlain for having the courage to do what a lot of officers should do....simply quit. No bellyaching, no complaining, just quit.

We all should just give the mob what they ask for. After all, people know exactly what they want all the time *sarcasm.*

Comment

Ummm...he’s was on his SECOND retirement gig. He can afford to walk.

Comment

Cops in the schools, School Resource Officers, Officer Friendly always there to help the kids. Great public relations stuff for a couple of decades.

Now the societal winds have changed. The cops are evil. We have to protect our children from the cops. No child should be forced to endure a day in school with a uniformed bully looking for excuses to (fill in the blank for yourself). Probably shouldn't even allow cops or marked patrol cars to pass by the school property, just to keep everyone feeling cozy and safe.

Predictable. Over-reaction for sure.

Then the next horrible event takes place at a school and the outrage will be epic in proportion. Of course, it will all be the cops' fault for not preventing the situation and for not being there.

Being a cop is a very responsible position. Any time anything goes wrong the cop is responsible for it.

Being police chief for the LA Unified School District is probably as much fun as a daily colonoscopy exam.

Comment

Then the next horrible event takes place at a school and the outrage will be epic in proportion. Of course, it will all be the cops' fault for not preventing the situation and for not being there.
          STEM School shooting in Highlands Ranch. School had a deputy assigned as SRO, but they refused to allow him to actually be and SRO so the Sheriff pulled him.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Ummm...he’s was on his SECOND retirement gig. He can afford to walk.
            Oh come on. It's easy! Just tell your mortgage company and all your bills that you resign from your job on principle. They'll understand and cancel your debt.
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post

Oh come on. It's easy! Just tell your mortgage company and all your bills that you resign from your job on principle. They'll understand and cancel your debt.
              If you NEED the retirement gig to cover the necessities of life, it isn't a retirement gig.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

All my bills were paid before I retired........
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

If you NEED the retirement gig to cover the necessities of life, it isn't a retirement gig.
                  I was being a smartass.
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I was being a smartass.
                    I wasn't...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3879 users online. 262 members and 3617 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X