300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump or Biden??

Lets first say, Im not trying to start a political war here...vote however you want. My question is a deep concern of mine. What happens to LE if Biden wins? What if Trump wins? Ill first say that im a Republican, my family farms and im LE so republican its been. Im not a huge of Trump, wish he would shutup and stop tweeting alot...but I voted for him because no way would Clinton be good. Im in the same boat again...Biden and the Democrats want to defund us, hell even get rid of Police! I personally thing Trump is in trouble this time around and will not win. Im getting this idea from the news and their whacky polls, my own opinion. Less voter 4 years ago because all thought Clinton would win. This time...I think masses show and vote blue...

What does everyone else think? If Biden wins...how bad does this get for us you think? We lose the Senate and I cant even fathom the outcome...look at the Democrat States now, NY (NYC), California are the worst right now...

This is a topic for the Various Topics part of the forum in the Law & Politics section
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

California is the worst right now?

Minnesota is considering dissolving the police department of their largest city and abandoning any modern concept of policing.

Colorado got rid of qualified immunity, requires all cops to have personal liability insurance of $25,000. Oh and they changed their Use of Force standards to the point that some people are openly asking if it’s a valid defense to say “your honor, read this statute and tell us what you think, cuz no one else understands what it says”

I get you don’t like California, that’s fine. We are, however; not the worst right now.
      semper destravit

Comment

.Colorado got rid of qualified immunity,
        Not true. QI is a federal law concept and applies in federal court. What Colorado did was end the protection of the Colorado Government Immunity Act. This act made it virtually impossible to sue state and local government in state courts. Now cops can be sued in state court, where QI never did apply in the first place, and where lawsuits are much easier to bring than in federal court.

requires all cops to have personal liability insurance of $25,000.
        Not required, but a good idea. It’s better than the original version of the bill, which capped out at $100k and didn’t allow cops to have personal insurance. All judgements had to be paid entirely out of pocket.

Oh and they changed their Use of Force standards to the point that some people are openly asking if it’s a valid defense to say “your honor, read this statute and tell us what you think, cuz no one else understands what it says”
        ”Void for vagueness” May very well be a valid defense to some parts of the law.Its certainly worth trying if you get hemmed up...
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Trump or Biden. Ginger or Maryanne.

I have voted in every general election since 1972 (prior to that the voting age was 21). By a quick count on my fingers this will be my 13th presidential election cycle. I can honestly say that there has yet to be a candidate or platform that I could really get behind and support wholeheartedly; it has always been more a matter of voting AGAINST the worst case rather than voting FOR the other.

Really a pretty sad commentary when we have to ask "IS THAT REALLY THE BEST WE CAN COME UP WITH?" every election year. Campaigns for the presidency now cost in the billions of dollars, so anyone who expects the nominees to be pure as the driven snow when they arrive in office is delusional at best.

Also, I find it very difficult to accept any candidate who would willingly enter an arena where every day involves a proctology examination by the media and every pundit in the world. Worse than life in a fish bowl!

Yes, I will vote. If past experience is any guide I will probably have to hold my nose while I mark my ballot, but I will get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
            California is the worst right now?

Minnesota is considering dissolving the police department of their largest city and abandoning any modern concept of policing.

Colorado got rid of qualified immunity, requires all cops to have personal liability insurance of $25,000. Oh and they changed their Use of Force standards to the point that some people are openly asking if it’s a valid defense to say “your honor, read this statute and tell us what you think, cuz no one else understands what it says”

I get you don’t like California, that’s fine. We are, however; not the worst right now.
            Whoa sorry for the misunderstanding, I was referring to California being bad as its run by I think all democrats, not the worst per say for LE. I do not hate California either, would love to visit sometime. I rather not be against or look down on ANY officer from any State right now. I want everyone to be on the same page with each other and be the blue family we all say we are. My general consensus for this topic is that im generally worried about where things can go with who sits in the Whitehouse. I rather not quit my job but I also dont agree with alot of what they are trying to pass. Like it was mentioned above, Im voting for who is better, I agree either candidate is not great.

Comment

Trump 100%

Comment

I'm just disappointed that AOC isn't old enough to run for President. Every time she opens her mouth, I'm thankful she is a Democrat. Trump vs. AOC would be fricking hilarious...

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
                Trump 100%
                Biden for Senate 2020!

Comment

Vote for me instead

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                    I'm just disappointed that AOC isn't old enough to run for President. Every time she opens her mouth, I'm thankful she is a Democrat. Trump vs. AOC would be fricking hilarious...
                    Oh man she is something else for sure. Listening to her makes my head hurt. Trump would destroy her in a debate for sure, I think he would take Biden down easy also. But i hear Biden wont debate him...

Comment

I'd run as a Bull Moose party candidate. Its time we bring the Bull Moose's back!

Comment

Bullwinkle_J._Moose.png

Comment

Originally posted by Duramax2015 View Post
                          I'd run as a Bull Moose party candidate. Its time we bring the Bull Moose's back!
                          Didn't work out very well for Teddy Roosevelt, back in the day. In modern America the only thing a third party does is split the vote on one side or the other with little or no chance for winning the election. Ross Perot is the primary reason we ended up having Bill Clinton in the White House.

Every election cycle I continue to wish for a candidate or a party platform that I could truly support and be enthusiastic about. Unfortunately, all we ever get to do is vote for the lesser of two potential evils. A third party candidate pretty much assures the election of the worst of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by NPD15 View Post

Oh man she is something else for sure. Listening to her makes my head hurt. Trump would destroy her in a debate for sure...
                            Wallpaper paste would destroy her in a debate...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4647 users online. 334 members and 4313 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X