X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falluah-NO, Baghdad-NO, Guess agin

Three killed in gunbattle on south Phoenix street
    http://www.examiner.com/a-751339~Thr...ix_street.html

PHOENIX (Map, News) - A gunfight erupted between two vehicles at a south Phoenix stoplight, killing three men and seriously injuring a fourth.

The incident occurred after a verbal argument before 1 a.m. Sunday, said Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill. Police said the incident began when two occupants of a silver van stopped at a traffic light in south Phoenix.

A silver Ford pickup truck with three passengers also was stopped at the light facing the same direction. While the two vehicles were stopped next to each other, a gunbattle erupted, police investigators said.

It was unclear who fired the first shot and why.

Two people in the van were killed. They were 23-year-old Fernando Fohrenkan and 28-year-old Joe Fohrenkan. One man in the pickup, 24-year-old Thomas Baldassare, also was killed.

A 26-year-old man who was in the pickup was is in the hospital with a gunshot wound to his upper torso. A 16-year-old boy who was in the pickup wasn't hurt.

It's like part of an action movie or something.

At least the 16 year-old lived. I wonder if he is facing charges or was just an innocent passenger in a road rage incident.

Comment

One time a guy cut in front of me for gas and I lost it. I started yelling at him to move his F-ing car. The guy jumped out and started walking toward my car like a big man and I advised my friend we might need to calm this guy down...or take him down. I just said F-you and the guy walked back to his car, gassed up, and drove off. It didn't occur to me until my head had cooled off how dumb it was to set someone off just for a 5 minute wait for gas. The guy could've pulled out a gun and my friend would have been in danger for something stupid I did. Lesson learned.

It's scary to read about stuff like this. You never know when you won the nutball lottery and found the craziest mofo in the city.
      -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Come to L.A., these kind of things only happen on days that end in the letter Y...
        Carpe Noctem

Comment

We don't have to go over seas to find a war, we've got our own going on all across America!
          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

In a world full of Adam Henrys, is it beyond possibility that two car loads of them shall someday meet? Check out the FBI/DOJ stats on criminal histories of murder "victims". An extremely high percentage are convicted felons with violent criminal histories. If you've been to the L.A. County Coroner's Office as often as I have, you'll note as many decedents (percentage wise) with gang tattoos as you'd expect to find at L.A. County Jail. There are innocent victims there too, but the numbers are smaller.
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6807 users online. 352 members and 6455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X