Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta PD officers to get $500 bonus

https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-p...0-bonus-report

Too little, too late if this is an attempt to raise morale.

$500 isn't even enough to keep a good defense attorney on retainer. However, I suspect that the DA's political opponent would appreciate a donation of $850,000 if all 1700+ APD officers were to decide to contribute their $500 to his campaign...
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Last time I retained an attorney for a civil matter the hourly rate was $375 and a $3500 retainer was required before any work started. That was a simple probate action to handle the estate of a deceased relative; took about a year and cost about $17,000 for attorney and court costs.

$500 might get you 3 or 4 nights in a Holiday Inn Express when angry crowds decide to surround your house and harass your family as part of their little protest tantrums. Probably not enough to cover the deductible on your homeowners insurance when you have to file a claim for graffiti removal, glass replacement, or arson.

$500 is a nice chunk of pocket change, not a life-changing event, certainly not enough to convince me that the city administration really loves me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3170 users online. 219 members and 2951 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X