300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ILikeCheesecake View Post
    LOLOLOL I just put down Palmdale, Compton, and Lancaster for my three on the wishlist

Guess I did it right. I'm starting to wonder if I should drop Lancaster and Palmdale and Just keep Compton....plus two slow stations so I know Compton comes first.

I really don't feel like driving to Lancaster, but whatever it takes to start 'doing the Lord's work'

Nothing wrong with getting to a patrol station first. You can always transfer to another station. When I worked Cpt Sta patrol, we had guys transfer in from Lomita Sta. They just wanted to get to the streets first.

Comment

Originally posted by ILikeCheesecake View Post
      LOLOLOL I just put down Palmdale, Compton, and Lancaster for my three on the wishlist

Guess I did it right. I'm starting to wonder if I should drop Lancaster and Palmdale and Just keep Compton....plus two slow stations so I know Compton comes first.

I really don't feel like driving to Lancaster, but whatever it takes to start 'doing the Lord's work'
      Unless you are married with kids, and have a family/social life that will make your drive to and from the desert ghetto, not to mention the 8 hour shifts that turn in to 16 while you are on training, get out to patrol as fast as you can! Your career really wont start till you've been in patrol for a few years. You can always transfer around the county once you are off patrol training for a while.

But, let's not put the cart before the horse here. Get out of the acadmey first!
      Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
        Unless you are married with kids, and have a family/social life that will make your drive to and from the desert ghetto, not to mention the 8 hour shifts that turn in to 16 while you are on training, get out to patrol as fast as you can! Your career really wont start till you've been in patrol for a few years. You can always transfer around the county once you are off patrol training for a while.

But, let's not put the cart before the horse here. Get out of the acadmey first!
        hehe, yeah, good point.

Honestly, the drive isn't THAT bad. 40-60 min, I haven't timed it past Acton yet. I mapquested Lancaster Station from Palmdale and its basically 7 more miles and change, so I think I'll keep my list as is. Not to mention you can drive 120mph the whole way there, err, I mean, traffic isn't so bad that way.

I told my wife basically what you said and she's cool with it. I will still end up with more time at home compared to my last job, though probably with a bit less sanity

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2932 users online. 143 members and 2789 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X