Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pulisman View Post
    Shouldn't they already be out buy now?
    You would think so. They'd already be out... in the academy class EMvamp and I attended.

That said...there were a few who should have been out in our class who graduated. And then...they either didn't pass FTO, probation or something else happened.

And there was one guy who shouldn't have been cut...who was. Our entire (4th) platoon went to the staff to express how unhappy we were that he was being fired.

There was probably something we didn't know. Got me.

Comment

That class is done and graduated already, yes. The current classes are 361, 362, 363 and 364. 365 starts in a month or 2 I believe, not really sure.
      Carpe Noctem

Comment

Thanks S/O and EV!
        The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

Is anyone getting the academy on itunes? Usually it is ready for download on the Friday after the show, but episode 5 is not listed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by k9dawgcop1985 View Post
            Is there really a need for an academy to be like marine corps bootcamp?
            Yes. There are many and varied reasons why. I believe LASD's academy has to be. It prepares you for what you will see on the street. It's easy to teach how to talk to people in a law enforcement capacity. It's hard to teach people how to stay alive who have never had to.
            Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
            I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
            Originally posted by weinerdog2000
            as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper Occultus View Post
              They don't show half of what we went through...But it sure brings back memories.
              I carumba, talk about a flashback. When the camera focuses in on the LASD badge, painted on the wooden stage partition door, I was able to read my class number just below it...made me feel warm and fuzzy all over
              "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
                I must agree with my brothers from Southern California. If you look at the statistics, California always leads the nation in both Line of Duty deaths and assaults on officers. Apparently our states are a bit different.
                Coulda sworn Texas had ya beat by a bit more on the officer deaths there bud. And that ain't a ****ing match any of us should be trying to win.

I haven't watched the show but I'd definitely say a Military type academy is great for LE officers, especially those like Troopers and Sheriff Deputies who spend much of their time without close back up. It teaches one to survive by giving them the mental toughness they will need to survive on the streets when they are by themselves and back up is 20-30 minutes away. I had the pleasure of seeing some of the training TxDPS went thru when I stayed at the Barracks for my Academy and I wish the one I went to was much much more military geared.
                Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                  I carumba, talk about a flashback. When the camera focuses in on the LASD badge, painted on the wooden stage partition door, I was able to read my class number just below it...made me feel warm and fuzzy all over
                  Yea...I know what you mean.

I said earlier....that they don't show half of what we went through....

It's not even half...it's more like a fraction. Once that memory kicks in...you realize their's alot of missing pieces and 15 second clips of stuff that goes on for hours. Not to mention the stuff they will never show.

Comment

I grew up in Pasadena, Ca, have two bro's who work for LBPD (thats Long Beach for those unaware), and I DEFINITELY think it a good idea to have your LE academy as disciplined as possible!! Only TxDPS' comes close out here.
                    We are responsible for what we do unless we are celebrities......

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                      That class is done and graduated already, yes. The current classes are 361, 362, 363 and 364. 365 starts in a month or 2 I believe, not really sure.
                      don't forget our senior class, 360 (while I wish 361 was senior, we still have a few weeks )

Comment

Originally posted by ILikeCheesecake View Post
                        don't forget our senior class, 360 (while I wish 361 was senior, we still have a few weeks )
                        How could I forget Class 360???

Just remember folks, we had a guy come out to patrol with a whole 3 1/2 months in custody, 1 trainee who had a whole 7 months, and the OG jail deputy with almost 11 months working the stoney lonesome! There is a good chance that in less than 1 year, you will be out in patrol, learning a whole new game...
                        Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
                          Ya know, there might just be a reason why west coast law enforcement is the bellweather for the nation and much of the world. There just might be a reason why our pay is so comparatively high, our tactics and equipment so advanced, and our professionalism so highly regarded.

It might have something to do with not just any lump of crap being able to become a police officer.

FWIW,

EDJ
                          This was a terrific statement, and I whole-heartedly agree. +1

- Jon
                          They [the bad guys] don't care about hurting people and sometimes, when you are the bad guy, your door gets knocked in and warrants get served.

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                            How could I forget Class 360???

Just remember folks, we had a guy come out to patrol with a whole 3 1/2 months in custody, 1 trainee who had a whole 7 months, and the OG jail deputy with almost 11 months working the stoney lonesome! There is a good chance that in less than 1 year, you will be out in patrol, learning a whole new game...

Yep we just picked up new patrol trainees yesterday. My new pup said those going to Lancaster, Palmdale, and Compton had between 5 and 6 months on the job....
                            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                              Yep we just picked up new patrol trainees yesterday. My new pup said those going to Lancaster, Palmdale, and Compton had between 5 and 6 months on the job....
                              LOLOLOL I just put down Palmdale, Compton, and Lancaster for my three on the wishlist

Guess I did it right. I'm starting to wonder if I should drop Lancaster and Palmdale and Just keep Compton....plus two slow stations so I know Compton comes first.

I really don't feel like driving to Lancaster, but whatever it takes to start 'doing the Lord's work'

Comment

My ex-husband's police academy (at Sea Girt, NJ) was like a military boot camp. I dont know if it still is... i wish i could post his before and after pics after only two weeks...

He was the second biggest guy in the class, and got two injuries serious enough to require a trip to the ER.

The classroom stuff was seriously hard, too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3002 users online. 157 members and 2845 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X