300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA Cop View Post
    Must be nice to have such a laid back, low stress environement to work in. To each his own, indeed.

Yes, it sure is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
      Should have been here for the riots after the Rodney King verdicts, or the Watts riots, or the East L.A. riots. Then you would see where the need comes from

No, I was probably 9 and oblivioius to it here in suburbia.

Comment

Out of SHAPE

I couldn't believe how out of shape some of the recruits are. one of them, her 2 mile time on there morning pt workout was what like 46 mintues they said! and she can't even do a single push up! I mean come on...I dont know about other states but you wont get into the academy in the first place with out making the minimum pt test in washington

Comment

Originally posted by MPDhundo54 View Post
          I couldn't believe how out of shape some of the recruits are. one of them, her 2 mile time on there morning pt workout was what like 46 mintues they said! and she can't even do a single push up! I mean come on...I dont know about other states but you wont get into the academy in the first place with out making the minimum pt test in washington
          You're right. Getting into the academy physically isn't that hard obviously. Passing it is another issue though. Some academies are harder to get into I guess, but easier to pass from what I hear.

Comment

WOO HOO, my cable company has fox reality now, lol.

I dont have to wait 3 weeks and pay 2 dollars an episode lol.

Comment

I've been watching the show. It was interesting to see Sgt. Gerlitz is now in charge of the firearms training facility...he was one of our DI's when I went through. He's getting OLD. LOL!!

They don't show half of what we went through...But it sure brings back memories.

Comment

what department are the recruits in the other uniforms going to? The lasd recruits I assume are in the brown/green, but what about the others in black?

Comment

Originally posted by MT Guy View Post
                  what department are the recruits in the other uniforms going to? The lasd recruits I assume are in the brown/green, but what about the others in black?
                  Those recruits in dark blue are from what are called Participating Agencies. These are police departments that contract witht LASD to train their recruits for them. There are a number of departments that do this, Pasadena, South Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Monterey Park, Alhambra, Torrence etc...These recruits wear the uniforms of their respective agency. Once the recruits do their Colors Run, they will put their department patches on their uniforms and you may be able to see what departments are represented in this class.
                  Carpe Noctem

Comment

thank you emvampyre

Comment

Well, we know there's a Torrance guy. Not just because one of the D.I.'s is a Torrance guy but because he was the guy on day 1 that couldn't do a single pushup....or am I thinking of the infamous black monday youtube video?

EDJ
                      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Just watched tonight's (06/21) episode, and boy is this one sad academy class! Good God, these people are a mess, 6 weeks in and they still are having problems with commands they hear 2-3 times a day, every day. Nobody working together, a near fist fight in the lot at the range, good times people, good times...I have to say, that it is really embarassing for me and my partners here. I'd heard horror stories from an old radio car partner who was a DI at the academy, but what I have seen so far, this is worse... Can't wait to see who makes it and who doesn't...Wonder what my future trainees are going to be like...
                        Carpe Noctem

Comment

it does look pretty bad so far, gotta wonder why some of those people are there, cause they sure dont seem to want to be

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                            Nope, none of that here. Maybe just no need for that Marine-style cop camp here then. To each his own.

Also, jaded (if I recall) means to be tired and over worked. How does that fit here?
                            So, your department is a bunch of individuals? Not too effective in my experience. Policing is paramilitary by necessity. Discipline, bearing, immediate response to orders, ability to function as part of a team/unit; all are required to be an effective department and/or officer. Individuality is not at the top of the list, not even on the list.

LASO academy is not even close to either of the MCRD's. Stressful, certainly, but nowhere near as tough as the USMC or Army. I can say that I think that the stress courses generate more disciplined Deputies/Officers than the "academic/gentlemans" courses. Unless, of course, you are a graduate of one of the MCRD's or Combat arms basic training posts.

Comment

Em is right, that class is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                                Just watched tonight's (06/21) episode, and boy is this one sad academy class! Good God, these people are a mess, 6 weeks in and they still are having problems with commands they hear 2-3 times a day, every day. Nobody working together, a near fist fight in the lot at the range, good times people, good times...I have to say, that it is really embarassing for me and my partners here. I'd heard horror stories from an old radio car partner who was a DI at the academy, but what I have seen so far, this is worse... Can't wait to see who makes it and who doesn't...Wonder what my future trainees are going to be like...
                                Shouldn't they already be out buy now?
                                The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3404 users online. 217 members and 3187 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X