300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cute picture, Can you cook?

Cute picture, ...a little short on subtance! but, just hang, maybe it'l come!

Comment

But...can you cook???

Comment

Holy Smokes
        It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
          Hey Bro, last I remember ours was the largest jail system in the free world, who are we second to in the US? We have a daily average inmate population of about 21,000!

EDJ
          According to my buddy at Custody HQ, we are second to the Feds by a couple thousand a year here and there. They also get the nod due to facilities maintained...But our systme is the most violent per inmate to deputy ratio in the country!
          Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by MT Guy View Post
            i was somewhat suprised though to learn their academy is only 18 weeks long, i would have figured a little longer.
            Plus 2 weeks of jail ops right after the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal View Post
              Plus 2 weeks of jail ops right after the academy.
              Also, before the deputies go out to patrol, they have a 3 week patrol school. Yeah, I know, no wheres near enough training time.
              Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by MT Guy View Post
                i was somewhat suprised though to learn their academy is only 18 weeks long, i would have figured a little longer.
                I remember for a while there in the late to mid 90s it was stretched to 21 weeks (Class 276 onward) and then to 24 weeks. I don't know when it got scaled back to the 18 again. :shrug:

EDJ
                "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

I actually liked the show. My husband is currently in a State Police Academy and he watched it with me and said that it was pretty much like what he goes through other than the language was a bit nicer for tv of course and he has to live at the academy so there really is no end of the day for him until Friday.
                  BTW just for FYI, for those that missed it, it's on again tonight before the new one. They play Thursday's episode over again all weekend and up until the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                    According to my buddy at Custody HQ, we are second to the Feds by a couple thousand a year here and there. They also get the nod due to facilities maintained...But our systme is the most violent per inmate to deputy ratio in the country!
                    Ahhh, but BOP and CDC are prison systems. I'm talking straight JAIL systems.

EDJ
                    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
                      Ahhh, but BOP and CDC are prison systems. I'm talking straight JAIL systems.

EDJ
                      True, true, and I think one or two years in a row we actually topped CDC for bodies! We are the largest jail system in the free world and don't forget, CJ is the "Firestone" of custody! (LMFAO)
                      Carpe Noctem

Comment

So I have a question about this show that maybe somebody on here can answer for me. I just finished watching tonights episode which focused on basically the PT aspect of the academy and my question is, is do they require one to do a PT test as part of the hiring process. I only ask because it seems alot of the recruits are struggling with this and I know this is one of the most difficult aspects of the academy anyway, but I was just wondering with all of the trouble that some are having if they do not require you to pass and entrance PT test.

Comment

There's an entrance pt test, but nothing compared to the academy. There's also a height/weight ratio. Thats why recruits have to start preparing themselves before they start. If not, you get so many pt failures in the academy and you're separated.

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                            True, true, and I think one or two years in a row we actually topped CDC for bodies! We are the largest jail system in the free world and don't forget, CJ is the "Firestone" of custody! (LMFAO)
                            Bwah hah hah, I think you mean IRC is the "Stoney" of custody, it's the place where the street meets The Program (as in "Get with the program"), and those that do not do so willingly are made to do so

EDJ

Comment

Dont Have Fox Reality??

If you dont have Fox Reality you can still catch the series at http://www.cinemanow.com. It cost like 2 dollars episode but its worth it. oh and the episode doesn't show up till like a day after it airs on Fox Reality

but we dont have the channel in Alaska so thats how I get it.

Only have seen the first one so far but I like it.

Later everyone,
                              Fergie

Comment

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal View Post
                                There's an entrance pt test, but nothing compared to the academy. There's also a height/weight ratio. Thats why recruits have to start preparing themselves before they start. If not, you get so many pt failures in the academy and you're separated.
                                Thanks for the reply. I was just curious as and I'm not trying to be rude here, but many of the recuits looked like they were struggling alot during PT. I can't imagine some of them meeting a height/weight ratio again not being rude, but I would think this would be hard on some of them especially with the physical demands that being a LEO puts on a person. I know it took the one recruit 48 min to run 2 miles, when at our academies here in IN you have to run 1 1/2 miles in 16min 28 sec, I also seen a couple of recruits that couldn't even do 1 push-up and you have to be able to do at least 25 and if you don't this you don't get into the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3756 users online. 240 members and 3516 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X