Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gangs threaten Houston cops

Gangs threaten Houston cops

After an alleged gang member is shot in the back and killed by police now comes word that there have been threats of retaliation against the Houston Police Department. Threats from a gang that has been terrorizing neighbors is now promising to do the same to police.

If there has ever been a doubt over who claims turf in the 6200 block of West Bellfort, then take a walk with reformed gang-member Sammy Rodriguez.

“That turf or area belongs to them, they've claimed that,” said Rodriguez pointing to symbols that a gang claims the area as its turf.

The initials LTC, which stand for La Tercera Crips, Houston's oldest Latino gang, are, scrawled almost everywhere.

So are R.I.P and the letter "H" referring to Alex Rivera, the robbery suspect police fatally shot in the back two Saturdays ago.

“Someone has done this in remembrance of someone. Someone got shot or killed in the area,” Rodriguez said as he explained what the markings mean.

But the taggings also convey ominous warnings. 11 News found one aimed at police Monday.

City workers covered it up over night.

“The quick action is indicative of the concerns surrounding LTC. In fact, 11 News learned the FBI is working closely with police to monitor the gang's recent activities and sharp rhetoric.

Our cameras captured the billowing anger just after the shooting. Days later police confirmed Rivera was a documented member of LTC, and told us fellow gang members wanted revenge against those he allegedly robbed.

“The gang members in the area are blaming them. If they hadn't called the police, none of this would have happened,” said Rodriguez.

A common mode of intimidation, making a businessman hide from our cameras.

"It's scary,” he said, avoiding the camera lens.

And the tactics forced a mother to hide her children indoors.

“Because you don't know what's going to go around the corner,” the unidentified woman said. “Somebody could be shooting and my child is in the crossfire.”

***stupid is stupid does.***
    Last edited by texaschickeee; 05-26-2007, 10:02 AM.
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori....968b8548.html

link with some video
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Comment

Wow... stuff like this only makes me want to get into law enforcement even more. They need to start slamming these guys.

Comment

Sounds like it's time for another Texas round up of LTC. Let these idiots know they don't own the streets.
        To all Houston officers watch your 6 and stay safe!
        "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
          “The gang members in the area are blaming them. If they hadn't called the police, none of this would have happened,” said Rodriguez.
          They can go f**k themselves. I'm speechless.

Comment

A Hispanic Crip gang
            "Disco's Out, Murder's In" -Man, ain't that the truth!

Comment

A Hispanic Crip gang
              There are a lot of hispanics involved in Crip gangs...

Comment

HPD watch your 6...
                We are responsible for what we do unless we are celebrities......

Comment

Originally posted by centralTMC View Post
                  There are a lot of hispanics involved in Crip gangs...
                  Intersting,,,not in California. He would have some major issues in prison here.
                  "Disco's Out, Murder's In" -Man, ain't that the truth!

Comment

They want war, give them war. I will not be threatened by a lawless element.

I refer you to "The Untouchables": They hit you with their fist, you hit them with a stick. They pull a knife, you pull a gun."

More Houston cops than gang members. Seems to me to be a winnowing time.
                    "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

LOL..I grew up in southwest Houston, particularly in the 6200 Block of W Bellfort. When I moved there it was a decent neighborhood but then it started going downhill fast. Section 8 housing has taken over all over there, from Fondren to Hillcroft to W Airport. It is now considered the most dangerous part of Houston and my mom continues to live there. LTC has been around there for a long long time as has LRZ13, the Latin Kings, Black Disciples and SWC (Southwest Cholos) and even the Rolling 60s. It doesn't matter, gang or not, that area of Houston is a cesspool and there are not even close to enough police officers in that neighborhood....they've even done reports on Houston PD officers answering Domestics with only a single unit as well as other high risk calls with only a single unit. It's dangerous with or without gangs.
                      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Does the ACLU know about this?

Comment

Know about it....they're encouraging it!!
                          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Actually they aren't. See...graduating the second grade pays off folks!

But on the issue. The last time a gang of oppressive thieves tried to claim American land they got shot to pieces and driven out. I hope the same results if these punks think they can terrorize people like this and get away with it.
                            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

I'm curious to see if they act on their threats. I have a hard time believing that a gang like LTC doesn't know the consequences of waging war against a Police force like Houston PD. They're not the smartest people in the world, but they typically know how to run their business. Shootouts with the Police is not a good business for LTC. They know it.
                              "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1888 users online. 124 members and 1764 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X