Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irishdep
    replied
    Ditto the DUI comments. I think that's just a convenient excuse for what happened. Play stupid and hope for the best, it's what politicians do.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    Originally posted by djack16 View Post
    Leukemia or not (very sad) she may have been taking pills that affected her ability to drive. That, in many cases, is called DUI.
    My thoughts exactly.

Leave a comment:

• djack16
    replied
    Leukemia or not (very sad) she may have been taking pills that affected her ability to drive. That, in many cases, is called DUI.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Originally posted by xraodcop View Post
    Isn't that the HILLARY DEFENSE? "I don't recall"
    It must be spreading... Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez has been infected...

Leave a comment:

• xraodcop
    replied
    Originally posted by JBean View Post
    A California state senator weaved erratically in and out of traffic, hitting side rails twice before hitting another car that injured a mother and child (fortunately not seriously). While she was driving erratically for over 30 miles, about 6 witnesses called 911 to report her vehicle. They reported seeing her reading while driving, and at one point talking on the cell phone.

The state senator says she doesn't remember what happened. She remembers brushing up against something but not hitting the guard rails. She said she has had leukemia since 1997 and has been taking pills and it might have contributed to her memory loss. She said its not an excuse but a possible explanation. She has now stopped driving on her own and is consulting a neurologist to help explain what happened to her.

News report

I find it hard to accept her excuse/explanation. After 10 years of taking medication, she suddenly gets dazed and unable to remember what she was doing on the day and time she managed to reach over and answer the cell phone and read some paperwork while driving...? And if she's taking all that medication, shouldn't she know better not to drive by herself and request for a driver?
    Isn't that the HILLARY DEFENSE? "I don't recall"

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    She obviously is unable (due to her medical condition) to safely drive a motor vehicle. She is a danger to herself, other motorist and pedestrians. Her license should be formally suspended pending a medical evaluation and driver retest.

If the medication was the reason, then driving under the influence is in order. Shame on her.

CAN'T remember!!! And she's a Senator!!!! OMG!!! Guess it could be worse and she could be the Governor. This state is losing it.

Leave a comment:

• Fëanor
    replied
    Personally, I think she took some extra medication and didn't admit it.

She thought to herself that she didn't feel well that day, she needed a little more. Besides, the medicine isn't as strong as it used to be.

Just my opinion based on my experience with prescription medications and people addicted to them.

Leave a comment:

• willowdared
    replied
    Until I got to the part where her leukemia/meds were mentioned, my first thought was diabetes.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Everyone has excuses. But in every excuse lies a hint of the truth. Maybe we'll find out, maybe we won't. Nobody died and accidents happen all the time due to negligence, carelessness, or just plain stupidity. I don't see this as a big deal, other than the lack of responsibility on her part (which is as common nowadays in politicians as a suit and tie )

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Ca. Senator

Originally posted by JBean View Post
    A California state senator weaved erratically in and out of traffic, hitting side rails twice before hitting another car that injured a mother and child (fortunately not seriously). While she was driving erratically for over 30 miles, about 6 witnesses called 911 to report her vehicle. They reported seeing her reading while driving, and at one point talking on the cell phone.

The state senator says she doesn't remember what happened. She remembers brushing up against something but not hitting the guard rails. She said she has had leukemia since 1997 and has been taking pills and it might have contributed to her memory loss. She said its not an excuse but a possible explanation. She has now stopped driving on her own and is consulting a neurologist to help explain what happened to her.

News report

I find it hard to accept her excuse/explanation. After 10 years of taking medication, she suddenly gets dazed and unable to remember what she was doing on the day and time she managed to reach over and answer the cell phone and read some paperwork while driving...? And if she's taking all that medication, shouldn't she know better not to drive by herself and request for a driver?
    Probably a little soon to pass judgement. That's why we investigate accidents. I'm not excusing any violation of the law, simply saying, lets look at all the facts.

Leave a comment:

• JBean
    started a topic CA Senator involved in car accident doesn't remember it

CA Senator involved in car accident doesn't remember it

News report

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6312 users online. 347 members and 5965 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X