300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning up a significant part of the homeless problem

This afternoon (5/15/20) a Federal Judge ordered that homeless encampments be removed from Los Angeles Freeways.

This order was brought in response to allegations that by allowing them to live along freeway right of ways, the homeless were being harmed by toxic fumes, hazardous waste concentrations of lead, car crashes, and the potential collapse of an overpass in an earthquake, and that their health is threatened in a way that monetary damages cannot adequately compensate.

"Because of the public health risks inherent in living near freeways, the court finds that the homeless individuals that live in such locations face a likelihood of irreparable harm, justifying a preliminary injunction.''

https://abc7.com/health/judge-orders...ays--/6186854/

For those of you who have homeless encampments in your jurisdictions, this court decision may turn out to be a useful tool.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Problem is, they will (mis)quote Boise and demand housing. The cities will kneel down and give it.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

...and, how exactly do you remove them?
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Fire.......
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Good luck; nothing will be effective cleaning it up, to include helping/managing those afflicted, so long as liberal 'groupthink' maintains a stranglehold on the people in those geographical areas. Without injecting politics into the topic, all I'll say is it's no coincidence areas ruled by left-wing ideology are also completely over-run with homelessness.

The worst poverty usually impacts persons indigenous to any given area (anywhere), while a certain group tends to pretend to identify with those who've been minorities historically.
          Politics does not allow many to see the err of their ways, especially leaders.
          Last edited by TexasGunmetal; 05-19-2020, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Just do it the San Diego way and build storage facilities for all of their stolen, I mean personal possessions.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...rrito/2226434/

Comment

Originally posted by clof2001 View Post
              Just do it the San Diego way and build storage facilities for all of their stolen, I mean personal possessions.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...rrito/2226434/
              You can't force them to leave. Citations will be ignored and the jails can't hold them all.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I understand the intent of the judge's ruling, however i also see it as some lawmaker attempting to make it seem like removing them from the underpasses was done as a health benefit to protect THEM and THEIR health when we all know it was done because the homeless are an eyesore for the community. In my area they force cleared out a lot of homeless camps by giving them a 30 day notice before the city moved in with bulldozers and trash trucks to clear everything out. Well the homeless simply moved from several large centrally located camps, to dozens more smaller ones across the whole county. IMO There is no real solution to ending homlessness on a local level unless the state/city government plans on building several hundred /thousand apartment type structures to house them, hundreds of social workers, rehab centers and mental health people to address the majority of their issues etc. All of that cost $$ that cities are not going to spend.
                "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4670 users online. 208 members and 4462 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X