300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cccsd View Post

its like trying to teach a retarded kid to wave bye bye, they just don’t get it.
    Now that's some funny stuff right there.....
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Exbpa340 you are entitled to your great opinion

Comment

• HandsUp_Don'tMove
        HandsUp_Don'tMove commented
        Editing a comment
        And you are entitled to continue race-hustling.

Originally posted by fedmunds2 View Post
      Exbpa340 you are entitled to your great opinion
      So every time someone of one race kills someone of a different race, it's racially motivated? ****ing idiot.
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• fedmunds2
        fedmunds2 commented
        Editing a comment
        And trying to be a call talking like that lol . That’s scary !!!! Lol

And now there's a claim that Arbery was chased for four minutes before the shooting.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ahmaud-ar...on-shot-lawyer

Assuming this is accurate, I think the average people would be in fear for their lives from these two when it finally comes down to them exiting the truck, armed and challenging. It's sounding more and more like a case of a couple of overzealous guys deciding to play vigilante.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...te/5212329002/]

Multiple people were videotaped entering the construction site.

Again, what was the reason the McMichaels chose to pursue Arbery?
        This Space For Rent

Comment

I don't investigate crimes in Georgia. But if I responded to a call similar to a subject being inside a construction dwelling and the subject did not steal anything, and I cannot prove the intent to commit a theft or felon therein. I've got a simple trespass case. Sounds like Georgia statute reads similar to my state statute. So if Georgia citizen's arrest statute says one needs a standard similar to PC of a felony crime to stop and detain someone. Where is the felony?

I try to keep an open mind, but this is sounding worse by the day for the McMichaels. Also, in a situation like this. Does Arbery's criminal past having any bearing on this because they would have no idea about it? Unless Dad Mcmichael knew it from his "law enforcement" past.

Comment

The layers of the onion are being peeled off, Mr. McMichaels was given the benefit of the doubt initially. It appears there were multiple issues at his previous organization with up to and including his Chief. One wonders why he left and then had to leave law enforcement of any type. This ain't going to be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by retired137 View Post
              The layers of the onion are being peeled off, Mr. McMichaels was given the benefit of the doubt initially. It appears there were multiple issues at his previous organization with up to and including his Chief. One wonders why he left and then had to leave law enforcement of any type. This ain't going to be pretty.
              I read that his commission was revoked because he failed to meet basic LE qualifications in firearms and use of force...basically, he didn't do his yearly firearms and UOF qualifications.
              "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
              -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Exbpa340
                Exbpa340 commented
                Editing a comment
                Doesn’t seem all that “critical” to the case at hand. This case could go either way but Definitely not the open and shut racist crime the media pushed out the gate.

• Bing_Oh
                Bing_Oh commented
                Editing a comment
                No, I doubt this info will play much of a factor in the eventual prosecution. Maybe a DA could spin it as him being involved in a firearms UOF incident after he couldn't keep his certification for not completing training in the same, but even that would be a stretch.

• retired137
                retired137 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was able to locate the information you stated,It appears that it happened multiple times. There is a name for people that do things multiple times and have to be corrected. We call them problems or a problem waiting to happen.

Originally posted by hold the air View Post
              Mark. My. Words.

acquittal or too many hung juries to count
              I agree. The only hope that a prosecutor has it nothing but damming evidence against McMichaels Sr. about his LEO career, nothing more on Ahmaud, and a well stacked jury. Ahmaud will be on trial to, and it will be very hard for the prosecutor to keep his history out. All it takes is one holdout for a hung jury, and I predict that here.

Cue the expected outrage as the DA finally gives up if this even goes to trial.

Comment

I've got my popcorn, another layer peeled off with another arrest. Right place right time for the videographer? It sucks to be him right now either way. There will be many things brought out during the trial, some of them won't be pleasant for the county. Sounds like there were multiple issues with multiple people for several years. They're scratching the surface and it will all come to light soon, like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Sounds like the DA is crafting her story already about PD. Gonna need a larger popcorn.
                Last edited by retired137; 05-21-2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                  scotty_appleton814 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was wondering what the hold up was on that 3rd arrest.

Based on all the info that's being spread, the kid led a wayward life. He was a perp and an ******* or maybe a saint ...whatever. None of that matters for the situation at hand. Unless there's some incredible information being withheld, this shooting is as bad as it gets.
                These two idiots were civilians and IF there was a crime committed by him, at most it was a victimless (i.e. no physical injury) property crime. Even if you had the dude running down the street with a microwave and a box of tools on video from the construction site, the outcome does not equal the alleged crime. There might of been more of a justification for the outcome if they were uniformed police officers on a call, but two hillbilly vigilantes, a dead black kid, no obvious serious crime = these two deserve what's coming, biased outcome or not.

Comment

This is a pretty clear crime that was committed yet people are creating excuses for murder. Lets be very clear, the two suspects were not police officers therefore they had ZERO reason or authority to detain anyone for anything. This was a vacant home under construction from what I understand. Under construction homes are not residences. Depending on the norms of your area, some people regularly enter construction properties to take a look which most of the time is not illegal but if it were, its likely a misdemeanor. I don't care to hear, nor is it relevant what Arberys criminal history was or if there had been a gun stolen from the suspects truck a year prior to this incident. Think of how many 911 calls weve responded to because a nosey neighbor thought someone was suspicious because "weve had break-ins before".

Sure maybe there was a chance that Arbery may have had some criminal intent upon entering the building at that time HOWEVER, again the suspects were not police officers and had no authority to arm themselves , chase after him and then stop him at gunpoint for a suspected offense that did not involve them or their own property. This was a potential property crime only where no ones life was endangered until the suspects interjected themselves.

This is clearly vigilantism and even if there was no murder, in my jurisdiciton, the suspects would have been arrested for their actions. Them intentionally wanted to play cop and stop a person from fleeing from a percieved crime which in reality was them not minding their own business and either ignoring it or calling the real police to deal with it.

For those claiming "self defense" on the part of the suspects, Any reasonable person would be in complete fear of their own life if two guys armed with shotguns were chasing them in a pick up truck and ordering them to stop. It is totally reasonable that if someone approached you with a shotgun and you felt you could take that gun away from them to save your own life you would fight them.
                  Last edited by lpstopper; 05-22-2020, 09:48 PM.
                  "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
                  This is a pretty clear crime that was committed yet people are creating excuses for murder. Lets be very clear, the two suspects were not police officers therefore they had ZERO reason or authority to detain anyone for anything. This was a vacant home under construction from what I understand. Under construction homes are not residences. Depending on the norms of your area, some people regularly enter construction properties to take a look which most of the time is not illegal but if it were, its likely a misdemeanor. I don't care to hear, nor is it relevant what Arberys criminal history was or if there had been a gun stolen from the suspects truck a year prior to this incident. Think of how many 911 calls weve responded to because a nosey neighbor thought someone was suspicious because "weve had break-ins before".

Sure maybe there was a chance that Arbery may have had some criminal intent upon entering the building at that time HOWEVER, again the suspects were not police officers and had no authority to arm themselves , chase after him and then stop him at gunpoint for a suspected offense that did not involve them or their own property. This was a potential property crime only where no ones life was endangered until the suspects interjected themselves.

This is clearly vigilantism and even if there was no murder, in my jurisdiciton, the suspects would have been arrested for their actions. Them intentionally wanted to play cop and stop a person from fleeing from a percieved crime which in reality was them not minding their own business and either ignoring it or calling the real police to deal with it.

For those claiming "self defense" on the part of the suspects, Any reasonable person would be in complete fear of their own life if two guys armed with shotguns were chasing them in a pick up truck and ordering them to stop. It is totally reasonable that if someone approached you with a shotgun and you felt you could take that gun away from them to save your own life you would fight them.
                  JFYI A burglary charge in GA can be for any structure (e.g. home, office, retail, business buildings etc). If it has 3 walls and a roof it's a structure.

Guns are legal here and a citizens arrest is permitted for felonies.

They're reports that the older McMichael was familiar with Aubrey. A gun was stolen from their vehicle and Aubrey has a history of possession of a firearm on school property with resisting arrest (AKA obstruction of an officer).

I can't imagine it being normal for anyone entering private property, under construction, anywhere without permission or authority to do so! Too much civil liability to the property owner if they person gets injured. We also call it loitering or prowling and criminal trespass.

Sorry I don't think this is a clear cut case either way yet based on what was reported in the media

The McMichaels and Aubrey made some poor decisions that day. I want to wait and see what the verdict will be before speculating on it.

Last edited by westside popo; 05-23-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

I can't imagine it being normal for anyone entering private property, under construction, anywhere without permission or authority to do so! Too much civil liability to the property owner if they person gets injured. We also call it loitering or prowling and criminal trespass.

Pretty normal where I grew up where all the homes built were custom up in the woods where people had property. Lots of interested people looking for ideas from what others were doing. People weren't stealing copper at that point. Contractors took their stuff home at the end of the day or locked stuff up. That was a while ago though. Where I live now, every construction site is fenced in and enclosed. You can't just walk in.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

JFYI A burglary charge in GA can be for any structure (e.g. home, office, retail, business buildings etc). If it has 3 walls and a roof it's a structure.

Guns are legal here and a citizens arrest is permitted for felonies.

They're reports that the older McMichael was familiar with Aubrey. A gun was stolen from their vehicle and Aubrey has a history of possession of a firearm on school property with resisting arrest (AKA obstruction of an officer).

Sorry I don't think this is a clear cut case either way yet based on what was reported in the media

The McMichaels and Aubrey made some poor decisions that day. I want to wait and see what the verdict will be before speculating on it.

So in GA, any random citizen with no training what so ever can intercede in a situation that they otherwise would not even be the victim of and detain a person that they think committed a crime? further to that point, can any random citizen wait until a crime isn't in progress anymore and the suspect has left the location of said crime and then take it upon themselves to go after that person on foot or in a vehicle a distance away from the crime to detain them? Not being a smartass, i genuinely want to know this. Because if these factors are true for a "citizens arrest" that statue needs to be reviewed, otherwise why even have sworn police officers in that state.

To your point about homes under construction... it is extremely common on my beat for entire new neighborhoods popping up. I can think of at least 4 entire new communities being built today on just my patrol beat. They are unsecured sites with the majority of the homes not even having a door installed until the last minute before sales. At the most there MIGHT be a sign posted somewhere warning against trespass but that is for sure not the norm. Now depending on the totality, i could charge someone with trespassing for even being on the property , but it would not fit as a burglary unless the intent was to enter the building to commit a crime.
                      Last edited by lpstopper; 05-23-2020, 06:42 PM.
                      "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4000 users online. 195 members and 3805 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X