300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA to NC

I’m currently a mandated deputy in GA. My family & I are considering moving to North Carolina. I would be continuing my LE career while there. Currently looking at the Wake county area. question is for anyone that works/ worked in NC : could I do a lateral transfer to any department in NC with my POST certification? Thanks
    ​​​​
    Last edited by kellykrm; 05-08-2020, 07:02 PM.

Originally posted by kellykrm View Post
    I’m currently a mandated deputy in GA. My family & I are considering moving to North Carolina. I would be continuing my LE career while there. Currently looking at the Wake county area. question is for anyone that works/ worked in NC : could I do a lateral transfer to any department in NC with my POST certification? Thanks
    ​​​​
    Mandated deputy?

Look for their version of POST on the internet and see what their standards are for it if any. A quick search for "NC law enforcement certification" returned several hits for NC DOJ.

Apparently you have to have 2 years experience here and submit an application to them, have them review it, take some classes and qualify at the range with the NC LEA you get hired at. Depending on and if you meet their requirements, you get a temporary or probationary certification for a year and take the state exam. I may have left some stuff out. I only glossed over it.

Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3973 users online. 197 members and 3776 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X