X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Appeal to O.Com

Tim-

I have learned that Margaret Hood has been banned for posting in the Sqquad Room.

While I understand the policy and agree with it, I would like to ask for special consideration in her case. She has demonstrated incredible support and fraternity with all of law enforcement from her posts and in my personal corrospondence with her, I feel confident that few civilians hold the benevolence she does toward our cause.

Please consider a lift of the ban in her case. I'm sure she has learned the lesson and I, as a retired sworn officer, support and desire her participation on these boards.

Will anyone else back me up on this?
    Yes indeed! She's one of the good guys.
    56.34%
    No.
    43.66%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 05-24-2007, 01:45 PM.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

of course 1042. Your word is good as gold!
    "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

Comment

with you too, but nobody has gone against the Tim and come back...alive
      When reality becomes too unbearable.............When he can't give an intelligent answer to the comment made instead of the comment he wish were made....... he predictably............. slips into ........The Fantasy Zone.
      -JPR

Comment

I don't know if she is a serial child rapist or a Navy Seal with a Purple Heart, but it's just an online forum.

If she wasn't making it awful for everyone, I don't really see a problem with her being here or being banned. Neither way has much impact on my life.

Comment

Trooper and I usually disagree on almost everything, but in this case i support his position wholeheartedly. Except for one or two mistaken positions Ms. Hood has been a staunch supporter of Law Enforcement.

Comment

Appeal to O.Com

I've wondered at one time or another, where Margaret was coming from. But, she does seem to support us. Giving her the benefit of any doubt would seem to be in order.

Comment

Who doesn't like either 1042-Trooper or Margaret Hood? Troop if you're backing her I will too! She's a soccer mom for Pete's sake.
              Please reconsider her being banned and allow her to post.
              "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

I haven't been an official member or officer long, but I've been around long enough to know that 1042-Trooper's word is something I will always listen to. Please reconsider the ban.
                The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

within the given context, Margaret gets my vote. Not that I get a vote. But sometimes you guys have such deliciously interesting conversations in the Forbidden Zones that one should be forgiven for being unable to resist
                  shepherdess extraordinaire

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark."- Zen proverb

Comment

Thanks one and all for the back up. Keep the votes coming in. We need people like Margaret and the other benevolent civilians here ON OUR SIDE!
                    The All New
                    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

It's not permanent. I too was banned a short while ago, temporarily, and notified via email to review the policies to ensure it did not happen again. It was a week or two if I remember correctly.

Comment

I dont believe they ever discuss bannings, and why people were banned. You also dont know how many people may have made complaints.

They own the site, and its up to them. I know there are bannings that dont last forever though.

Comment

You know what they say Trooper...Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

I'm sure it's just a time out, and based on past kurfuffles, I believe reasons for "banning" are not supposed to be discussed.
                          Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Foxgguy2001 View Post
                            It's not permanent. I too was banned a short while ago, temporarily, and notified via email to review the policies to ensure it did not happen again. It was a week or two if I remember correctly.
                            Whatever you do, just don't call anybody an idiot on here: cost me a month recently.
                            No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                              I dont believe they ever discuss bannings, and why people were banned. You also dont know how many people may have made complaints.

They own the site, and its up to them. I know there are bannings that dont last forever though.
                              You are correct. Tim and O.com have posted multiple times that they do not discuss bannings.....

And if they are banned, it's for a set time. If the account is no longer active, they are gone for good......

I would think she will be back here in a week or so.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5058 users online. 339 members and 4719 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X