300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officers Invovled in Shootings

Well, I am kinda curious about the number of officers invovled in shootings during their careers. Now, I am refering to a conflict where shots where fired against another human.

So post up, and its not necessary to explain the situation if you are not comfortable or simply unable to at the moment. However, please include years of service, if you are still active or retired, and lastly the number of shootings you have been invovled in.

Thanks guys

1978- OIS (Non-fatal)
    1991- OIS (Non-fatal)
    2006- OIS (fatal)
    Began sworn functions in LE in 1976 and still active today.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

1974 ois fatal
      1978 ois non fatal

Began service in 1970, 15 years in patrol, retired in 1996.
      Retired LASD

Comment

thanks guys, keep them coming!

Comment

Hired 1978, retired 2005. One OIS. My agency of about 100 sworn had maybe 10 OIS in those 27 years and none since.

Comment

Operation Iraqi Freedom March 2003 - June 2003 An Nasiriyah Iraq, Too many to count but a lot of fun......
            Marine Infantry - Taking out the trash one country at a time.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

Comment

Originally posted by MarineGrunt View Post
              Operation Iraqi Freedom March 2003 - June 2003 An Nasiriyah Iraq, Too many to count but a lot of fun......
              No fair! War zones don't count, unless you work in South Central.
              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MarineGrunt may be my new hero.

Comment

Yeah I am only kidding around. OIS are very serious and since the officer is normally alone it is probably a gut wrenching moment. Plus, in policing you have to worry about 1 million other things while shooting like PC, innocents, criminal and civil liability so forth and so on.
                  Marine Infantry - Taking out the trash one country at a time.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

Comment

yeah,,,fine,,,you are still my hero.

Comment

1991- OIS Fatal
                      1997- OIS Fatal (Witness)
                      1999- OIS Fatal

3-4 'almosts' mixed in as well....

My agency averages 35-45 a year, countywide (we had 12 in a 2 week period, last Oct)
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

1986 - OIS - non-fatal
                        1987 - OIS - non-fatal(Rottweiler)

1985-1991 - OIS (unreported ???)
                        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                          1986 - OIS - non-fatal
                          1987 - OIS - non-fatal(Rottweiler)

1985-1991 - OIS (unreported ???)
                          Welllll.....if you are gonna add the 'not officially counted/unreported' column......there MIGHT just have been a few around say,,,,,,April 29th 1992-May 6th 1992......Unless you had a dead body, or could verify a hit; Homicide didnt usually even want to know about it......
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

March 2000- Domestic- Fatal
                            April 2001- Traffic Stop- Non Fatal

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                              1991- OIS Fatal
                              1997- OIS Fatal (Witness)
                              1999- OIS Fatal

3-4 'almosts' mixed in as well....

My agency averages 35-45 a year, countywide (we had 12 in a 2 week period, last Oct)
                              Damn Dep... Glad you have made it out of all of those...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6839 users online. 362 members and 6477 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X