Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corona and fletc class postponements

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Corona and fletc class postponements

    Hi all, first time posting here.
    I’m just going to jump straight to it. I had a class date for April of this year to go through CITP. The rona came through and effed it all up and now everything is canceled (as we all know) is there anyone who has any inside scoops etc of when they’re thinking about opening back up? Or how far back classes are going to be pushed now? Is it likely that I won’t be attending until 2021?

  • #2
    Originally posted by faustus View Post
    Hi all, first time posting here.
    I’m just going to jump straight to it. I had a class date for April of this year to go through CITP. The rona came through and effed it all up and now everything is canceled (as we all know) is there anyone who has any inside scoops etc of when they’re thinking about opening back up? Or how far back classes are going to be pushed now? Is it likely that I won’t be attending until 2021?
    Nobody knows how the virus will progress.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

    Comment


    • #3
      I image all federal training is in the same boat. We have an officer who was scheduled to attend a multi-week specialty training class and his was postponed as well, with no word on reschedule. I think it is too early for anyone to make a public statement about when any of the classes will resume.

      Comment


      • #4
        We are supposed to have an announcement from the Governor today about extending restrictions. I am expecting her to cancel all public schools for the remainder of the school year. As of right now the suspension is until April 15................and I am confident that isn't going to happen.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

        Comment


        • #5
          I can’t imagine anything being rescheduled anytime soon, positives and deaths are still climbing daily.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by faustus View Post
            Hi all, first time posting here.
            I’m just going to jump straight to it. I had a class date for April of this year to go through CITP. The rona came through and effed it all up and now everything is canceled (as we all know) is there anyone who has any inside scoops etc of when they’re thinking about opening back up? Or how far back classes are going to be pushed now? Is it likely that I won’t be attending until 2021?
            I have no idea but look at it this way....

            The G partially shuts down every now and then, whether over border funding or because a new virus hits like a semi truck, and who knows when CITP will be up and running again...? No one here. It's fine prep for your 1811 career, where flexibility is too rigid a word, because forces of entropy are at work all the time: an informant turns to crap, your new boss is a big zeroburger, you get the G ride with weird seat stains, the copier is always out of toner, your AUSA doesn't return your calls anymore, you get volunteered for a 90 TDY to guard the driveway of an avowed socialist who refuses to drop out of the race, your TSP drops 30% in two weeks, on and on. So just sit back and chill and get used to uncertainty, because Tom Petty knew it all along; The Waiting is the hardest part....
            If it is all beautiful you can’t believe it. Things aren’t that way.

            -Ernest Hemingway

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post

              I have no idea but look at it this way....

              The G partially shuts down every now and then, whether over border funding or because a new virus hits like a semi truck, and who knows when CITP will be up and running again...? No one here. It's fine prep for your 1811 career, where flexibility is too rigid a word, because forces of entropy are at work all the time: an informant turns to crap, your new boss is a big zeroburger, you get the G ride with weird seat stains, the copier is always out of toner, your AUSA doesn't return your calls anymore, you get volunteered for a 90 TDY to guard the driveway of an avowed socialist who refuses to drop out of the race, your TSP drops 30% in two weeks, on and on. So just sit back and chill and get used to uncertainty, because Tom Petty knew it all along; The Waiting is the hardest part....
              Well put.....I just really don't want to have to wait until next year to attend. This has been quite the setback for me

              Comment


              • #8
                Just asked a friend who teaches there for a lot of the basic courses. He has been home for about a month. Says he hasn't heard a peep about a time frame to return.
                Last edited by 9L81; 04-16-2020, 05:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by faustus View Post

                  Well put.....I just really don't want to have to wait until next year to attend. This has been quite the setback for me
                  Then withdraw and get a job somewhere else. I guarantee the ONE factor that will not matter at all is what you want... at any point in a .gov career.
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

                  "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Very true. I know people who were offered positions that waited 7 years to get actually hired and sent to training. Not exactly normal but 1-3 years is. My application to start was about 28 months. It wasn't described that way in the announcement but that's what it turned into. That is why people will recommend you apply and then forget about it an move on with life. It will happen or it won't and you have no control over when. This is in reference to federal gigs. State and local tend to move a little quicker in my experience.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just prior to the shutdown there were talks about FLETC and some of the addons looking into online based training similar to what many state academies are doing for those that were in the middle of training, but I haven't heard anything more on that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DoD88 View Post
                        Just prior to the shutdown there were talks about FLETC and some of the addons looking into online based training similar to what many state academies are doing for those that were in the middle of training, but I haven't heard anything more on that.

                        I've read several articles recently about how the next 12-18 months will look (assuming that's how long it will take for a vaccine, or a treatment, or for the virus to morph into a less lethal bug). The universal consensus among experts is if total relaxation of social distancing occurs, then a second and much worse wave will hit, and the misery will only be longer. So thinkers and policy makers are focusing on ways and methods to strategically open society in a way that doesn't kill half a million people.

                        The prevailing wisdom is there will be no mass gatherings like church, sports, and concerts until 2022, and in addition to large scale testing and tracing, a continuation and expansion of virtual living, such as teleworking and teleschooling. The whole notion of teleacademies seems bizarre (how do you teletrain basic marksmanship?) but what's the alternative? No training and hiring?

                        I did five academies, three at Glynco. They all sucked, but were necessary experiences. I can't imagine putting people on the street who learned felony stops on a computer simulator or defense tactics via Zoom class but evidently that's the situation for the next year or two.....
                        If it is all beautiful you can’t believe it. Things aren’t that way.

                        -Ernest Hemingway

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post


                          I've read several articles recently about how the next 12-18 months will look (assuming that's how long it will take for a vaccine, or a treatment, or for the virus to morph into a less lethal bug). The universal consensus among experts is if total relaxation of social distancing occurs, then a second and much worse wave will hit, and the misery will only be longer. So thinkers and policy makers are focusing on ways and methods to strategically open society in a way that doesn't kill half a million people.

                          The prevailing wisdom is there will be no mass gatherings like church, sports, and concerts until 2022, and in addition to large scale testing and tracing, a continuation and expansion of virtual living, such as teleworking and teleschooling. The whole notion of teleacademies seems bizarre (how do you teletrain basic marksmanship?) but what's the alternative? No training and hiring?

                          I did five academies, three at Glynco. They all sucked, but were necessary experiences. I can't imagine putting people on the street who learned felony stops on a computer simulator or defense tactics via Zoom class but evidently that's the situation for the next year or two.....
                          One idea that I heard some local and state academies are currently doing is front loading the classroom based training so it can be completed online.

                          I'm a little surprised FLETC isn't doing this yet since they face some unique challenges to reopening that most local academies don't have (ie. transporting students there and then housing and feeding them).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by faustus View Post

                            Well put.....I just really don't want to have to wait until next year to attend.
                            It isn't EVER up to you


                            Originally posted by faustus View Post
                            This has been quite the setback for me
                            I am sure the people who died did not want to die either.

                            THIS is a bump in your road..........................It was the end of the line for them
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post

                              I did five academies, three at Glynco. They all sucked, but were necessary experiences. I can't imagine putting people on the street who learned felony stops on a computer simulator or defense tactics via Zoom class but evidently that's the situation for the next year or two.....
                              Our State academy did the last 8 weeks of their 2 academies via E-learning.
                              They had enough in person before the shutdown to have most of the important hands on stuff already done.
                              I just watched the virtual graduations of those classes
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6463 users online. 368 members and 6095 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X