300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to get called for NYPD

So I took the test I think back in November of 2019, and scored a 76/85. About how long should I expect for them to send me a call back?

To be honest that's not that great. You may not get one. Never applied to NYPD but with other agencies I've scored 5 points over the max with vet pref, a perfect score plus 5 vet pref points, and not gotten called because all the guys with 10 points of vet pref filled the hiring slots.

I suspect, being 9 points under the max, you may have passed but not be competitive.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• USMCPD
      USMCPD commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn't seem like your from NY. a passing score for NYPD is 70% and essentially everyone above a 70% gets called so my score is pretty decent

• tanksoldier
      tanksoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, if everyone over 70% gets called... when were you called?

If...then 2-3 years to start processing.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• USMCPD
      USMCPD commented
      Editing a comment
      how could it possibly be 2-3 years and an "if"? People from last year got called within a year and got got lower scores than me. Not only that Im military reservist so i highly doubt it would be 3 years for a call.

• CCCSD
      CCCSD commented
      Editing a comment
      Because 2-3 years is the standard. You do realize that every test cycle has up to 10k that pass, right?

Originally posted by USMCPD View Post
    So I took the test I think back in November of 2019, and scored a 76/85. About how long should I expect for them to send me a call back?
    Post this in the New York area to get a more substantive response ... in all likelihood tanker's right ... 10 point vets will likely take the slots - even if you maxed the test out but you were off 9 pts ...
    trust your dog

Comment

I took the test in August of 2014, I scored a 92 plus 5 points residency. It was December of 2016 before I got a call for the academy. I declined as I was already on the job with a different agency.

Most people say 3-5 years. Yours may be longer because the lower you score, the lower you are at the bottom of the hiring list. Additionally, if you have issues with medical, psych, or gathering paperwork you will get delayed as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8223 users online. 445 members and 7778 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X