300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet as investigation tool

I'm looking for suggestions on any internet sites that you on investigations. Things like looking up phone numbers, names, etc. Some of the ones I use are hit and miss and I got to believe that there are others out there I have not stumbled across yet.

Any other advice and suggestions along this line is welcome.

Thanks!

Try this one:

http://www.zabasearch.com

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

people search

i actually find alot of good stuff on whitepages.com http://www.whitepages.com

Comment

Internet as an Investigative tool

You know, a good ole telephone directory is still one of the best investigative tools around. Nothing against the internet route, but that phone book on your desk, or the seat of your unit, is still a pretty good tool.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal
          You know, a good ole telephone directory is still one of the best investigative tools around. Nothing against the internet route, but that phone book on your desk, or the seat of your unit, is still a pretty good tool.
          Problem is, these days, as soon as something is printed on paper, it is out of date already. That's why I like the internet.

Oh, yeah, and the save trees thing. Whenever it's convenient to me I like to pretend I take care of the environment

Google is your friend and it is dangerous to you as well.

I can search for my home phone number and pull up my name and driving directions to my house. I can search for my first and last name, and it pulls up my old home address! Now that scares me.

Comment

Internet

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
            Problem is, these days, as soon as something is printed on paper, it is out of date already. That's why I like the internet.

Oh, yeah, and the save trees thing. Whenever it's convenient to me I like to pretend I take care of the environment

Google is your friend and it is dangerous to you as well.

I can search for my home phone number and pull up my name and driving directions to my house. I can search for my first and last name, and it pulls up my old home address! Now that scares me.
            Well Feanor, we seem to have found something to agree on, partially. Yah, Google is good, but that phone book can come in handy too. Kind of a "low-tech" back up to the internet route. What's wrong with taking care of the environment either?

Comment

The only thing that bothers me is an bad guy can look us up and who knows what else.Thats why my .45 is my best friend.
              IM A CORRECTIONAL OFFICER NOT A #$%^&* PRISON GUARD.

Comment

A fellow officer showed me this site. sat-gps-locate.com. Cellular Phone Tracker

Comment

Internet Searches

Both of these are subscription or Pay as you go

http://www.intelius.com/search-name....8035bf0a591b18

http://www.merlindata.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                    O.K. Sipowicz, nothing gets information faster than the ole' phone book upside the head.
                    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Originally posted by RwHJR3 View Post
                      A fellow officer showed me this site. sat-gps-locate.com. Cellular Phone Tracker

Heh heh heh... good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post

No kidding. I'm in the phone book now - I decided if it was out there anyway, I might as well save the $5 a month and be listed. No one's bothered me yet.
                        If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3599 users online. 196 members and 3403 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X