300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR15 in wisconsin

i know this may seem like an odd question but are Wisconsin residents able to purchase AR-15. I have a friend from there interested and doens't know much about guns.

Then he probably should not start with an AR-15. Try something simple like a
    .22 revolver/rifle and progress from there...nobody lwho earned to ride a horse started with Secratariate....
    Well first, life dealt you a bad hand, then you decided to double down.

Comment

He's most likely able to purchase one. The AR-15 is a simple enough weapon just hook him up with an ex Soldier or Marine so they can show him the finer points of taking care of it and he'll be fine.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

AR15 = .223 Remington/5.56mm NATO round. It really is not much different than a .22 -- low recoil, fast-moving round. Much closer to a .22 than is the .308/7.62 'AK' round that is so often mentioned in the media.

Check with your local gun shop or firearms dealer for information regarding legality of the AR. Realize that certain AR-type rifles may be perfectly legal and others considered "assault weapons" (a favorite anti-gun buzz word).....even though they fire the same round and are ballistically similar.

If you want to discuss the minutae (sp?) of different rifles, you can find several bulletin boards on-line. For legal information or to learn more about the politics of such weapons, try the National Rifle Association ( http://www.nra.org ) or Gun Owners of America ( http://www.gunowners.org ). Good luck!!

If guns cause crime, than spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

For those of you in California, this law firm's web page should be worth a click:

http://www.gunlaw.com
        Last edited by VA Dutch; 05-19-2007, 02:07 PM. Reason: omission

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by Upton422 View Post
          i know this may seem like an odd question but are Wisconsin residents able to purchase AR-15. I have a friend from there interested and doens't know much about guns.
          Maybe he should go to his local gun store and ask them.

If he doesn't know much about guns why in the world would he want to start with an AR-15? (not cheap by the way)

He should start out with a Red Rider BB gun till he figures out which is the dangerous end, that way he only shoots his eye out, not the whole back of his head.
          "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

As far as I know you can purchase an AR15 in any state, it just depends on the laws restricting it's attachments. For instance here in NE you can have 30 round clips, in CA you can't. Things of that sort.

If he is looking for the best price have him do some research and build one. The ones I have built have cost me between $400 and $900 to build and have sold them for $1000 to $2000. They are a piece of cake to build and would save him a lot of money on a quality rifle. PM me if ya have any questions and I'd be glad to help.
            sigpic
            NSP Class 52

Comment

As far as I know you can purchase an AR15 in any state, it just depends on the laws restricting it's attachments. For instance here in NE you can have 30 round clips, in CA you can't. Things of that sort.

Yeah, there are varying laws on the capacity of the magazines (often referred to as clips), but you can very easily "banana clip" two of them together. It is very easy to re-load that way.

As for the attachments and accessories, some rifles that have a flash suppressor, pistol grip or bayonet lug are going to be verboten - while a ballistically similar "target rifle" lacking those things is going to pass muster.

If he is looking for the best price have him do some research and build one. The ones I have built have cost me between $400 and $900 to build and have sold them for $1000 to $2000. They are a piece of cake to build and would save him a lot of money on a quality rifle. PM me if ya have any questions and I'd be glad to help.

Having one built - intersting idea. I suppose any competent gunsmith could do that, but how many people actually know someone who has that type of expertise? You are indeed blessed to have such knowledge and machinery, sir.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Bayonet lug is not verbotten anymore in most states since the 94 ban sunsetted. Not that I have any reason to add one to mine as I just don't see me doing a bayonet charge any time soon in Dallas.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Yes, you can purchase and own a standard civilian AR-15 in Wisconsin. You can even have the good mags (I prefer to call them standard capacity mags as opposed to high capacity.) The only restrictions on the gun are a minimum 16 inch barrel, and a minimum 26 inches overall length. {WSS 941.28(1)(a)}
                  Originally posted by kontemplerande
                  Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4227 users online. 250 members and 3977 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X