300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus

Ok guys n gals. This isn't Armageddon. Carry your N 95 mask, and a couple surgical masks for your customers. Treat it like the flu, lots of handwashing. You should already being doing that. Cops and medics always wash their hands BEFORE they pee.

55C59B91-0C72-4F02-BFC8-6C75E9020845.jpeg
    semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
      Ok guys n gals. This isn't Armageddon. Carry your N 95 mask, and a couple surgical masks for your customers. Treat it like the flu, lots of handwashing. You should already being doing that. Cops and medics always wash their hands BEFORE they pee.
      Before and after. Hell I would do it during if it wouldn't be really awkward...

Comment

• BNWS
        BNWS commented
        Editing a comment
        Pee while you shower.

I am in China now. My father in law is a higher ranking cop here. A lot of these measures are political stunts to make people look like they are doing something important. Just like the countless task forces, projects, working groups, etc we have in law enforcement. It isn't much more deadly than the flu and people who have died usually had some underlying conditions already like heart disease.

If anyone wants to know anything, feel free to ask. I'm on a VPN but please don't post dumb crap about sensitive historical events.

Comment

Must be election season

Comment

Stay safe over there!

Comment

• emtguy89
            emtguy89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks bud. I'm home now. We already planned for my wife to stay there for awhile and visit family so she's not back yet.

China is now admitting over 800 dead, including the doctor who first raised the alarm.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• emtguy89
            emtguy89 commented
            Editing a comment
            40,000 sick with mild to moderate symptoms; 25,000 suspicious cases; 900 dead; 4,000 full recovery and discharged from hospital. 99% of it in Hubei Province with a population of 58 million.

Seriously guys, are we all gonna die soon? I'm asking before I pay this month's set of bills.
          Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
            China is now admitting over 800 dead, including the doctor who first raised the alarm.
            800 dead in a population of over 1,000,000,000. Better call the news media so they can start a news cycle with hyperventilation.

Coronavirus (actually multiple viruses of that little family tree) cause less than 2% fatalities and actually infect fewer than 20% of the people exposed. Overall, far less deadly than several flu strains.

Several years ago I came down with the bird flu. It was horrible, and embarrassing! No matter where I parked my car, before I got to the other side of the parking lot I had to stop and dump on someone's windshield (no, I did not consciously look for bumper stickers for Obama, Clinton, Biden, or Bernie; those were just a coincidence for sure).

Call a press conference! Election year needs another crisis right away!

Comment

Originally posted by retired1995 View Post

Call a press conference! Election year needs another crisis right away!
              You're quoting a post made over two weeks ago... with 2 week old information, and 800 deaths at the time was what China was willing to _admit_. That number didn't necessarily have any relation to actual fatalities.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

You're quoting a post made over two weeks ago... with 2 week old information, and 800 deaths at the time was what China was willing to _admit_. That number didn't necessarily have any relation to actual fatalities.
                Thanks for your comments. In fact, I was not quoting anything, and if someone else posted the same words that just proves that more than one person is capable of rational thought. Being in my 70th year on planet Earth, two week old information is pretty current in my estimation. As far as what China is willing to admit, we all know that Commies are liars first, last, and always, whether in the PRC or when seeking political office in the USA.

Please feel free to give me a wake-up call when actual fatalities begin to approach the levels of the Spanish flu epidemic that swept over Europe and North America 102 years ago, back in the days when "quarantine" meant that anyone seen leaving a "flu house" might be shot on sight, and 20 million people died in a year or so.

So far, about the only uniquely disturbing feature of the Corona viruses seems to be that people may be carriers and contagious for 2 or 3 weeks prior to any symptoms becoming apparent. That is troublesome, for sure, but not insurmountable once it is understood.

Beyond that all anyone really needs to be made aware of is the fact that this is all Donald Trump's fault, and we will be reminded of that in every news cycle, 24/7, for the remainder of this election year.

Comment

Originally posted by retired1995 View Post

Coronavirus (actually multiple viruses of that little family tree) cause less than 2% fatalities and actually infect fewer than 20% of the people exposed. Overall, far less deadly than several flu strains.
                  Actually, the current death rate of coronavirus is 3.43%. And everytime they update the # of people dead, it goes up a little. Death rate of the entire WORLD during a typical flu season is like...08% Not sure why people keep trying to downplay the seriousness of this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by themoj0 View Post

Actually, the current death rate of coronavirus is 3.43%. And everytime they update the # of people dead, it goes up a little. Death rate of the entire WORLD during a typical flu season is like...08% Not sure why people keep trying to downplay the seriousness of this thing.
                    Its a serious illness, but the probability of you or anyone on this forum getting infected is low. The corona virus is like anything else, the media and various politicians don't let a disaster go to waste. If anything this virus should be a wake up call to the dumb **** companies that have become so reliant on China, that they need to invest domestically (U.S) or go elsewhere.
                    Last edited by Levithane; 02-29-2020, 01:28 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

88,000 cases total. Of those, there are 3,000 dead; 45,000 fully recovered; and 40,000 currently sick. Out of that 40,000: 33,000 mild/moderate, and 7,000 serious. Vast majority of deaths are people with major underlying health problems or public servants who have been working ~20 hours a day since this whole thing started.

Most things have opened back up and life is returning to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by emtguy89 View Post
                        88,000 cases total. Of those, there are 3,000 dead; 45,000 fully recovered; and 40,000 currently sick. Out of that 40,000: 33,000 mild/moderate, and 7,000 serious. Vast majority of deaths are people with major underlying health problems or public servants who have been working ~20 hours a day since this whole thing started.

Most things have opened back up and life is returning to normal.
                        Look I get you're trying to give us accurate information, but its China, I trust the latex gloves being used in a Cuban hospital more than the country of China.

Comment

• emtguy89
                          emtguy89 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          https://ibb.co/dL7B1L8

Conversation with my wife via WeChat, she is still there for another month and a half.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5669 users online. 348 members and 5321 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X