Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Nola, how'd it work out this morning?

“Gov. Newsom orderd all 40M Californians to stay home in nation's strictest state lock-down”
    It’s going to be a looooong 4 weeks with no toilet paper. Parchment paper and aluminum wrap not recommended.

​​​​ TG I kept my 600 page duty manual, copies of memorandums, after action reports and annual evaluations when I retired.
    Illinois just did the same
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Nola, how'd it work out this morning?

“Gov. Newsom orderd all 40M Californians to stay home in nation's strictest state lock-down”
      It’s going to be a looooong 4 weeks with no toilet paper. Parchment paper and aluminum wrap not recommended.

​​​​ TG I kept my 600 page duty manual, copies of memorandums, after action reports and annual evaluations when I retired.
      It didn’t. Woke up to a dead car battery so by the time I dealt with that, I didn’t get to the store until after eleven. Shelves still picked clean. Then I got a text from my manger that all our work schedules have been drastically cut. I‘m only scheduled to work 5 days in the next four weeks. Oh ****ing joy.
      "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post

our work schedules have been drastically cut. I‘m only scheduled to work 5 days in the next four weeks. Oh ****ing joy.
        If it's any consolation that's 5 more days than I'm scheduled for.
        This Space For Rent

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post

Perhaps it might be a good idea for POTUS to stop referring to the virus as "Chinese virus" and instead use the official/unofficial names of "Covid19" or "Coronavirus."
          Wuhan flu. Looks like they were dicking around with this thing for some time before
          we ended up with it.

Comment

• Yep. China is the cause. Wuhan the center. They earned it, they keep it. Or...Kung Flu works.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

If it's any consolation that's 5 more days than I'm scheduled for.

Thank you Pogue. I’m ok for a month, after that I don’t know. How are you doing in these crazy times? I’ve got enough food and supplies to last a couple of months, if I get that holy grail of disasters, tp.
              "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

• Dunno how true this is but I'll post it anyway

ETJiwDsXQAAjlRz.jpeg

Comment

It will be interesting to see how much DV calls went up during this time of "sheltershelter-in-place."

It will also be interesting, after the ban on bars & pubs has been lifted, how many more White canes are in use...
                  Here, command staff held a meeting to address this the other day. The projected increase is sizeable, apparently.

Comment

• Confirmed Cases and Deaths by Country, Territory, or Conveyance

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Comment

• and I thought that 2019 was a bad year

Comment

Perhaps it might be a good idea for POTUS to stop referring to the virus as "Chinese virus" and instead use the official/unofficial names of "Covid19" or "Coronavirus."
                        Chinese
                        Originated
                        Virus
                        Introduced
                        Domestically

Comment

• . .
                          Last edited by BTDT2; 03-21-2020, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Hmmmm.... now where are the folks who thought this was no big deal?

Its true it’s only a bad cold for most, but for the elderly and susceptible it’s very bad indeed.
                            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                              Hmmmm.... now where are the folks who thought this was no big deal?

Its true it’s only a bad cold for most, but for the elderly and susceptible it’s very bad indeed.
                              Still here. Not saying that there aren't obvious increased risk factors but, at this point, the disruption from the "cure" has been worse than the disease.
                              "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                              -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• WTF

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5754 users online. 364 members and 5390 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X