Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pogue just heard Gov. Newsom asked Californians over the age of 65 on Sunday to isolate themselves from others and said that neighborhood bars and pubs should close their doors as the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the state continued to rise.

If Newsom wants seniors to self-quarantine themselves, he should issue a 14-day supply of toilet paper.

Comment

• NOLA2005
      NOLA2005 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think that would work for me as I have tile floors.

• BTDT2
      BTDT2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Shag Carpets here

• NOLA2005
      NOLA2005 commented
      Editing a comment
      The longer the fiber, the more cleansing! That’s a good thing in the apocalypse!

All of our non-essential staff was told to stay home for the rest of the month.

In light of the local TP shortage, I've been saving all my dirtywork for when I'm at the station. Sgt. Is still trying to figure out why my arrests have been way down.

Comment

Our college is closed, and the school system where I work PT is closed. Stillhave to work at the college though, nothing changed for the PD side but we have some people using vacation time right now while there's nothing to do. I'm using this time to work a bunch of traffic. After extensive harassment by one officer when I got back from Ground Zero, the officer has done some research and found out that the sky isn't actually falling.

Walmart is closed at night, because people keep going up there to buy crap in the middle of the night and their overnight crew can't get anything done. I don't know he toilet paper situation but we have a lot of it in the bathrooms at the college, and I already had a lot at home so worst case scenario I will just drive to work to take a crap.

Comment

To all you folks out there feeling anxious about this virus, this will pass. Listen when you are told to wash you hands! Wash them for at least 20 seconds, over and under and all around. Don’t touch your mouth, eyes or nose. Take care of yourself, eat well, sleep well. Do supplements that support your immune system. If you have a cough, cover it! Elbow, tissue, whatever, just cover it, contain the droplets. Take deep breaths and chill.

And above all stop hoarding! There is NO threat to the food, toilet paper or bottled water supply chain. We and the world will get thru this.
        "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

Reporting back:

Streets and roads are mostly empty. So are shops, churches and office buildings. Some restaurants have locked up for a few weeks and others are take out only. It's beginning to resemble one of those Saturday matinees where everyone suddenly disappeared from planet Earth under unknown circumstances....

Schools and universities are saying they intend to remain closed for rest of the school year, see everyone in September.

As recently as this past weekend, wife and kids and in-laws were planning on spring break travel to commence first week in April. Plane and lodging reservations were made months ago for this annual event. I think reality is beginning to set in- I tried to gently tell them that Italy went from 3 to 10000 sick in two weeks but they didn't want to hear it. Now they are realizing we're fixing to do that. Maybe we'll get some credit for the money spent but I'm looking at saying bah bye to about $3K. Oh well.

If sanitation removal goes down, things will get nasty.
          Terrell County Deputy: It's a mess, ain't it, sheriff?

Sheriff: If it ain't, it'll do 'til the mess gets here..

No Country For Old Men

Comment

My kids' school just shut down till mid April.

Yesterday, the fam. and I went out to the Dollar General. They had one case of the one ply toilet paper there, which was individually packaged with four rolls. The case had maybe 30 individual packages of four. They allowed us to buy just one four pack. We spoke with the Dollar General clerk and asked him about supply just out of curiosity.

He said that the day prior one of their supply trucks from another area got robbed by a mob. He said that their truck drivers are beginning to cancel supply runs to stores due to the threat of being robbed. So he was not sure if/when they were going to get their next shipment or not. If this starts to happen country wide it could potentially shut down the supply chain, then we will be in a Shat Hits the Fan scenario.

People on Craigslist in our area are selling rolls of TP for like five bucks each. Never thought I would see TP for sale on Craigslist.

Amazon, Walmart etc. etc. have none. Thankfully, I've been a prepper for about 10 years now and have stocked up on TP amongst a lot of other things, but TP can dwindle fast and if this continues we are gonna have to resort to drastic measures. Old clothes ripped up can work, so that may be an option.

Stock market is diving again today, this could get bad folks, so get prepared!!

Think about other countries who are watching what is happening in the US, they may see this time as their moment to strike.

Be prepared, "Expect the worst, but hope for the best!" As I've said in the past, go about your business as best you can, wash your hands more often and start getting to know your neighbors. Try while you still can to attempt to build a network of like minded individuals so you can look out for each other. Try and include a Dr., dentist, EMT, hunter/outdoors person and so on. Buy a few chickens and raise them in a small coop. Buy some heirloom vegetable seeds. Most important, buy some water purification stuff.

So far it seems, there has not been a run on prepper/emergency supply stuff, so get it while you can, because if this continues those items will go the way of the toilet paper. And as always, if this blows over and you never needed the items you bought then, oh well. If anything you will have started your prepping supply and be ready for the big one when it hits. This current situation should have opened a lot of people's eye to how fast things can go south.

Comment

It's only been a few days of 'social isolation' and it's reminding me of 30 some years ago, when I spent a few months here and a few months there between jobs just sitting around. Had no money and friends were either still in school or had jobs. I did work out everyday (and am doing that now) which is a huge help with mood and kills an hour every morning. At least now, there is the internet, and forums like O.com for me to regal y'all with my deep well of profound wisdom and keen wit (I kid). And at least now, there's no ambiguity or concern about securing gainful employment. But there is a new ambiguity: if my family (mainly aging parents with medical conditions) are going to get sick in the upcoming weeks and months. And myself.

But... when I look back at my career and life, I can recall a half dozen times where I tangoed with the Grim Reaper and came as close to the edge as one can get. So maybe I've been playing with house money for a long time and if my the luck runs out, well, you'll know it because my posting tempo will abruptly be zero per day...

Other than all that, all is good, especially compared to many here who are still on the streets, doing the job under difficult conditions, having to have close contact with the public. My prayers are with you.

Maybe I'll start playing video games again. I haven't done that in 20 years. Is Counter Assault still out there???

Terrell County Deputy: It's a mess, ain't it, sheriff?

Sheriff: If it ain't, it'll do 'til the mess gets here..

No Country For Old Men

Comment

• Ratatatat
                Ratatatat commented
                Editing a comment
                I meant Counter-Strike. Downloading the game now.

Went out to Raley's today. All TP was gone from the shelves with signs saying that they don't have a clue when they will ever get any again. Concerning too, was all the chicken, beef and frozen vegetables were gone as well.

I'm not really worried much about the virus, but I am worried about the economy and the supply chain.

Comment

Most schools in IOwa are now closed for a minimum of 4 weeks.

Yea Walmart and Cosco are sold out of TP and paper towels. Our Small Walmart doesn't have any eggs but pretty much plenty of everything else food. Others have problems with frozen vegetables etc

So far one county in my area has totally closed it's courthouse to the public. They are taking calls and making appointments if they can't handle things over the phone or online. MY county has refused to close the court house but the county Treasurer closed the office after a phone call threat to come in and infect everyone (taxes are due the end of the month)

All jury trials have been canceled for 4 weeks and the judges are allowed to take WRITTEN guilty pleas to felonies (previously only misdemeanors) Had a defendant call in today saying they were sick and the judge said his directions was to accept the "sickness" with out question

My brother in law works in a manufacturing job and was laid off today. The boss told him to apply for unemployment

Wife works in a pharmacy inside a Walmart. They were told today that should one of the team get sick...ALL teammates will be sent home for the 14 day isolation

Me......................I have a grandson I will be watching for the next 4 weeks.....................
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Best hand sanitizer ever. Found it today at local drug store. best hand sani.jpg
                  You miss every shot you don't take.

Comment

Our Legislature has now suspended operations for 2 months
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It would help if the leaders got on the same page....

Not such a great look when the President says July or August and your top infectious disease expert Fauci (spelling) says two week trial period while standing in front of a banner that says the same
                      Last edited by vc859; 03-16-2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

And this is how our millennial generation is treating this virus.

It's got a name too, "The Coronavirus Challenge."

And I thought Tide Pods was bad!!!

Coronavirus.jpg

https://twitter.com/CashNastyGaming/...-viral-slammed
                        Last edited by SOCAleo; 03-16-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SOCAleo View Post
                          And this is how our millennial generation is treating this virus.

It's got a name too, "The Coronavirus Challenge."

And I thought Tide Pods was bad!!!

https://twitter.com/CashNastyGaming/...-viral-slammed
                          Of course. They don't understand that even if this doesn't effect them that bad there are others in their lives that it may effect. A lot of people have elderly relatives or others either health problems

Comment

WELP, my local gym is temporarily closed until further notice now, and there's no reasonably priced meat at the local grocery store. Guess its back to outdoor runs, pushups, sit ups, and going out into the woods with a rifle to hunt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5736 users online. 357 members and 5379 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X