300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Hmmmm.... now where are the folks who thought this was no big deal?

Its true it’s only a bad cold for most, but for the elderly and susceptible it’s very bad indeed.
    Im still not sold on it being s big deal either.

Comment

• I got the call not to come into work tomorrow. Unemployment benefits, here I come.

States and territories will have defined borders with checkpoints within the next 48 hours. Military and police to enforce restriction laws. And up north, police recruits have been sworn in and given their posts, six weeks ahead of their planned graduation.

Interesting times.

Comment

• roadrunner5877
        roadrunner5877 commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard the Military is not being used for enforcement but to help with food and water and other stuff

• CaptainKangaroo5691
        CaptainKangaroo5691 commented
        Editing a comment
        In Australia they're being used for both.

• The interactive map at the end of this article is interesting. You can check the May 1st infection predictions for every county in the U.S. for mild, moderate, and severe outbreaks. My county logged in at 0%, 1%, and 5%. Not too bad. King County WA: .01%. 6%, and 61%, which would be 1.2 million people. Yikes.

One of the best places to be is Harney County, OR, where the models are 0%, 0%, and 0%. Guess that what happens in a county of 10,200 square miles but only 7,400 people. Viruses just don't spread much where the population density is less than one person per square mile....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-outbreak.html

For those sheltering in place:

You gotta see Tiger King on Netflix. True story about three exotic animal park owners: Joe, a gay mullethead in Oklahoma, Carole, a Florida hippy with a past, and Doc, a harem lord in South Carolina. All three think they are saving lions and tigers and ligers but actually all three have agendas related to power and ego and control. Then the weird story gets even weirder.

https://time.com/5807284/tiger-king-netflix-true-story/
      Terrell County Deputy: It's a mess, ain't it, sheriff?

Sheriff: If it ain't, it'll do 'til the mess gets here..

No Country For Old Men

Comment

• Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
        Hmmmm.... now where are the folks who thought this was no big deal?

Its true it’s only a bad cold for most, but for the elderly and susceptible it’s very bad indeed.
        I'm still of the mindset that this is not as bad as being hyped. But the economic impact that it is having is the issue that should cause concern.

Comment

• For your amusement, there is a large (unnamed) state agency here that has not given a lot of direction or implemented precautions on a department wide level to protect its officers from COVID-19. To complicate matters, that agency is heavily driven by public contact numbers of any type, whether they be enforcement, public assists, etc.

Naturally, such an issue leads to morale problems, which in turn, results in criticism and sniping by the troops. As usually happens, someone modified the "Hitler Rants" video to the situation. Enjoy:

https://www.captiongenerator.com/170...to-Coronavirus

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• RGDS
            RGDS commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea, I saw one of your coworkers and it shocked me that he wasn’t in blues. I didn’t get a chance to ask why, but this video summarizes the situation.

Given amount of paranoia in the Bay Area about martial law being declared, it almost like a bellwether. If they aren’t ready for it, it isn’t happening.

Also, has anyone gotten tested? Only a handful of agencies have had confirmed infections. The Fire side is literally on fire though. San Jose Fire has something like 14 people infected and 70 under observation.

• Wife and I are into our third week of isolation from the world..Have only left the house one time for a short trip to the market as we have a good supply of everything at home...Have not even seen any of my neighbors in 3 weeks, as Our neighborhood is not at all a social one..Majority of my neighbors I have never even talked to. Since we are both in our 70's and wife does have some medical issues we will do everything possible to have no contact with the public...The county I live in,,,the largest county in the country so far has very few cases of the virus and those that do live over 30 miles from me...
          Retired LASD

Comment

• Originally posted by L-1 View Post
            For your amusement, there is a large (unnamed) state agency here that has not given a lot of direction or implemented precautions on a department wide level to protect its officers from COVID-19. To complicate matters, that agency is heavily driven by public contact numbers of any type, whether they be enforcement, public assists, etc.

Naturally, such an issue leads to morale problems, which in turn, results in criticism and sniping by the troops. As usually happens, someone modified the "Hitler Rants" video to the situation. Enjoy:

https://www.captiongenerator.com/170...to-Coronavirus
            Our deputies have been told that this is NOT the time to be real proactive on traffic ............... or on arrests for anything other than violent assaults and violent felonies.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Our deputies have been told that this is NOT the time to be real proactive on traffic ............... or on arrests for anything other than violent assaults and violent felonies.
              No such directive has been given at "this" agency. Hence the morale issue and Hitler rants video (sigh).
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainKangaroo5691 View Post
                I got the call not to come into work tomorrow. Unemployment benefits, here I come..

Capt. K, did this phone call have anything to do with coronavirus or is it because you chose to carry a hammer fired Sig with a decocker and long first trigger pull instead of a striker fired Glock?
                ​​

Last edited by BTDT2; 03-23-2020, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Our deputies have been told that this is NOT the time to be real proactive on traffic ............... or on arrests for anything other than violent assaults and violent felonies

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Should we PM you for permission?

Comment

• Heres a thought because we can’t isolate forever:

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...fected-immune/
                  "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post
                    Heres a thought because we can’t isolate forever:

I've heard that idea being thrown around. Also heard that they don't know enough about the virus to know if that would work.

Comment

• Originally posted by phillyrube View Post

Should we PM you for permission?
                      People I know are exempt.............................it's the idiots that need to be told

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post
                        Heres a thought because we can’t isolate forever:

That's parallel to what I've been reading.... until we have herd immunity (70%), waves will continue to hit. Each wave will take out a portion of the vulnerable until there's fewer and fewer vulnerable people.

I was thinking about high school science class and the fruit fly experiment.... you know, two fruit flies becomes four fruit flies becomes 100 and then Mother Nature intervenes and then there's only two again. Biology has a way of culling populations from time to time so the strongest survive and this is one of those times. Sucks for the many families that will lose loved ones but in the greater scope of the universe, we're no different than fruit flies.

I was also reading that so far, one of the consistencies regarding U.S. fatalities outside of age is the combo of type II diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure. Why exactly those three together is a death kneel is unknown but think about how many people fit that category, especially in urban areas....
                        Terrell County Deputy: It's a mess, ain't it, sheriff?

Sheriff: If it ain't, it'll do 'til the mess gets here..

No Country For Old Men

Comment

• What are your thoughts on the grocery stores using police for security?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5417 users online. 333 members and 5084 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X