Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Fe Police Department looking into hiring Mexican nationals

http://www.lcsun-news.com/latest/ci_5909340

SANTA FE (AP) — The Santa Fe Police Department is considering the possibility of recruiting Mexican nationals to fill vacant police jobs.

Sgts. Gillian Alessio and Marvin Paulk, who are in charge of the department's recruiting and training, said Tuesday they are considering alternative approaches to fill 20 vacancies on the city's 155-person police force.

But Police Chief Eric Johnson said New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy regulations prohibit non-citizens from serving as police officers.

Alessio said the Santa Fe police force, like others around the country, is vying to recruit the same 21- to 30-year-olds as the U.S. military, whose need for recruits is taking a toll on the police department.

"Every day, we get approached by young men and women from Mexico who are in the country legally but are not naturalized," Alessio said.

"There is a huge pool of people who are dedicated, hardworking and trying to become citizens of this country. They would like nothing better than to devote their time to protecting the communities that they live in," she said.

The United States speeds up naturalization for foreigners who enlist in the U.S. military, and Alessio asked, "Why can't we do that with law

That's only the beginning

50 years from now, the United States will be part of Mexico. It's a war we can't win.

Comment

The United States of North America?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        The United States of North America?
        Don't you mean Los Estados Unidos de Norteamérica?

Canada start fortifying your borders, it's too late here.
        Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 05-18-2007, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Now there's an idea - wetback cops.

Hey - how 'bout meth addicts working dope? Man, I think we're on to something here!
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

They're just doing jobs Americans won't do (for minimum wage)!
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

So these are people with green cards but not citizens?

Comment

That's why they're called "Mexicans."
                "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                  Hey - how 'bout meth addicts working dope? Man, I think we're on to something here!
                  (dying laughing)

Like putting a kid in charge of the candy jar!

This could be a good thing. After all, think about what could be done. Judge won't grant a search warrant? Send in the Mexican national. Then when it it hits the fan that he/she wasn't supposed to go in they can play the immigrant card and get off. The dopers get busted, the immigrant is let go, and everyone goes home happy.

At least, in theory anyway.
                  sigpic
                  NSP Class 52

Comment

Honestly, with the way things are going these days, who didn't see this one coming?

Comment

How does that quote go? if you want to catch a crook, hire a crook?

Comment

I see this as pretty much of a non-story, assuming the hiring standards of the SF PD are up to snuff. 95% of those Mexican national wannabes are going to get weeded out for reasons other than their citizenship.

For those that are otherwise qualified, why not facilitate the citizenship process?

Comment

Now there's an idea - wetback cops.

What makes you think they are "wetbacks"? I doubt they entered the country illegally. If they are ok to serve in the armed forces why not the police?

Anyone that would be considered are most likely applying for citizenship and are probably long time residents, many how have been in this country since childhood and would make fine citizens.

Your equating them with drug addicts is incredibly racist and insulting.

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          How does that quote go? if you want to catch a crook, hire a crook?
                          Ditto to above comment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3556 users online. 167 members and 3389 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X